Lauren Nicole London (born December 5, 1984) is an American actress, model and television personality. Beginning her career in music videos and later transitioning into film and television acting, London earned recognition for her performance as Erin "New New" Garnett in the 2006 coming-of-age film ATL, as well as the television shows 90210 and Entourage, and as Kiera Whitaker on the BET comedy-drama, The Game.
London at the BET Hip Hop Awards in 2007
Lauren Nicole London
December 5, 1984
London was born in Los Angeles County, California, on December 5, 1984, to an African-American mother and a Jewish father. After attending Palisades Charter High School, London was homeschooled.
London has made appearances in numerous music videos for artists such as Tyrese, Ludacris, Pharrell, and Snoop Dogg. Her breakout year came in 2006, where she made her television debut in the "Everybody Hates Funerals" episode of the sitcom Everybody Hates Chris. That same year, London landed her first film role as well, playing hip-hop artist T.I.'s romantic lead in the film ATL. For her work, London was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the year's Black Movie Awards. In 2007, London landed a role on the HBO comedy series Entourage, playing the character Turtle's (Jerry Ferrara) love interest. Later, based on her performance in ATL, London was given her role in 2007's This Christmas without having to audition. London, along with pop/R&B singers Cassie and Asia Nitollano, became one of the spokesmodels for the Sean John woman's collection in 2007.
In 2008, London landed the role of the character Christina in the first season of the show 90210, originally thought to be a possible romantic interest of Tristan Wilds' character Dixon Wilson. London's next film role was the character Ivy in the 2009 release Next Day Air. That same year, she played the character Cammy Alcott in the Chris Columbus film I Love You, Beth Cooper. London has appeared on the covers of magazines such as King and Jewel as well.
She appeared in Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family, which was released on April 22, 2011. She also made a cameo appearance in the premiere of VH1's Single Ladies. London joined the cast of the hit BET show The Game as a series regular from the sixth season until the series finale. She played a character named Kiera, "a former child star who starred in a Cosby Show-esque sitcom." London co-starred, alongside Paula Patton, Jill Scott, and Derek Luke, in Baggage Claim (2013), the film adaptation of playwright and director David E. Talbert's 2005 novel.
London dated Lil Wayne on and off. The couple's son, Kameron Carter, was born September 9, 2009. In May 2011, London said of her relationship with Wayne, "I met Wayne when I was 15 years old. I’ve known him a very long time, and we were in a relationship that didn’t make it. We tried more than once to revive it, and we were engaged briefly years ago, but we eventually parted ways. People see the 'Lil Wayne' personality and think they know who he really is. My son’s father is an intelligent, loving, and lovable person who will always be a dear friend. And that will never change. That is all.". Lil Wayne's second verse on the song 'Young'n Blues", explains how he met the 15 years old, Californian, Lauren London: "young Cali sweet thang" and his relationship with her. Lil Wayne's "California Love" "now I've got an actress sticking' by my hip...shorty is reddish"  is also about Lauren London, and how he proposed to her and then broke it off "and in dat box it's a ring...somebody call that thing and tell her shawty give me back my ring". In 1999-2003, Lil Wayne also had "Lauren" tatted on his right arm, but wrote "Carter" over it, shortly before his marriage to his now ex-wife.
In 2013, London began dating rapper Ermias Asghedom, better known as Nipsey Hussle, until his death on March 31, 2019. The couple's son Kross Ermias Asghedom was born August 31, 2016.
|2006||ATL||Erin "New New" Garnett|
|2007||This Christmas||Melanie 'Mel' Whitfield|
|2009||I Love You, Beth Cooper||Cammy||Also performer|
|2009||Next Day Air||Ivy|
|2011||Madea's Big Happy Family||Renee|
|2013||Baggage Claim||Sheree Moore|
|2016||The Perfect Match||Ginger|
|2018||Always & 4Ever||Tammy|
|2018||Poinsettias for Christmas||Patty Mason|
|2006||Everybody Hates Chris||Monay||Episode: "Everybody Hates Funerals"|
|2007||Entourage||Kelly||Episodes: "The Resurrection" and "The Prince's Bride"|
|2008–2009||90210||Christina Worthy||3 episodes|
|2009||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Herself||Episode: "The Wedding"|
|2011||Single Ladies||Shelley||4 episodes|
|2011||Reed Between the Lines||Jentry||Episode: "Let's Talk About Computer Love"|
|2013–2015||The Game||Keira Whitaker||Series regular; 44 episodes|
|2017||Rebel||Kim||Episode: "Chasing Ghosts"|
|2017||The Talk||Herself / Guest Co-Hostess||Episode: "Guest Co-Hostesses Lauren London & Carnie Wilson/ Molly Shannon"|
|2018||Hip Hop Squares||Herself / Panelist||Episode: "Dave East vs Nipsey Hussle"|
|2019||Games People Play||Vanessa King||10 episodes|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2006||Black Movie Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role||ATL||Nominated|
- "Lauren London". TVGuide.com. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "The Birth of Lauren London". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
Lauren Nicole London was born on December 5, 1984, in Los Angeles County, California. Her ... mother's maiden name is Conner.
- Scott, Damien (2009). "Lauren London". Complex Magazine. Archived from the original on 2009-05-02. Retrieved 2009-05-05.
I’m the little half-black, half-Jewish girl who was odd and awkward.Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Lauren London Exclusive Interview: 'Under My Skin'' (Part 2) - Kathleen Cross: Author. Speaker. Blogger. | Kathleen Cross: Author. Speaker. Blogger". Kathleen Cross. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- Bloom, Nate (June 21, 2011). "Interfaith Celebrities: The Closer's Kyra Sedgwick, Lauren London Loves Babs, and Eva Green Speaks Out". InterfaithFamily.com. Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "September 2006 : blackfilm: LAUREN LONDON news". Black Film.com. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- ">> LAUREN LONDON & CASSIE FOR SEAN JOHN // 'CONCRETELOOP.COM' – QUALITY NOT QUANTITY". ConcreteLoop.com. Archived from the original on 2009-04-18. Retrieved 2009-03-28. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "YBF Exclusive: Lauren London Heads To "90210"". The Young, Black, and Fabulous. Archived from the original on February 15, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-28. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "See 'Next Day Air' Trailer With Donald Faison And Lauren London – Black Voices Blogs". BlackVoices.com. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- "Brown Sista >> Lauren London Jewel Magazine Photo Shoot". BrownSista.com. Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- "Lauren London covers King mag". ConcreteLoop.com. Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- "Kiera Whitaker - Laura London". BET. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Lauren London and Lil Wayne Welcome a Son". People. Archived from the original on September 22, 2009. Retrieved December 29, 2009.
In a statement to 'People', a rep for the 24-year-old ... actress confirms the birth, revealing that a “healthy baby boy” arrived on Wednesday, September 9th.Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Lauren London Talks Personal Struggle With Fame & Brief Engagement To Lil Wayne". NecoleBitchie.com. Retrieved 2014-02-27.
- N95 (22 October 2013). "Lil Wayne - Young'n Blues" – via YouTube.
- Brian Egbert (25 May 2008). "Lil Wayne - California Love" – via YouTube.
- "Photo" (PNG). d1marr3m5x4iac.cloudfront.net. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "Photo" (PNG). i.imgur.com. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- Merrett, Robyn; Mizoguchi, Karen (April 2, 2019). "Nipsey Hussle's Longtime Love Lauren London Breaks Her Silence on His Death: 'I Am Completely Lost'". People. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "Nipsey Hussle Memorial Program" (PDF). Dropbox.
- "KROSS 8.31.16". Nipsey Hussle verified Instagram account. September 16, 2016. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "Nipsey Hussle & Lauren London Welcome Baby Boy Kross". Rap-Up.com. September 16, 2016. Archived from the original on August 2, 2018. Retrieved April 3, 2019. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Rapper Nipsey Hussle killed in shooting outside his L.A. store". NBC News.