Lauda-Königshofen is a town in the Main-Tauber district in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is situated on the river Tauber, 7 km southeast of Tauberbischofsheim, and 30 km southwest of Würzburg. Most of the roughly 300 houses in the traditional village of Königshofen date to between the 16th century and mid-19th century, and it is known for the 500+ year-old Königshöfer Messe, an annual festival that attracts 150,000 people over the 10-day festival. Lauda station is at a junction of the Franconia Railway and the Tauber Valley Railway.
|• Mayor||Thomas Maertens (CDU)|
|• Total||94.47 km2 (36.48 sq mi)|
|Elevation||192 m (630 ft)|
|• Density||150/km2 (400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Vehicle registration||TBB (Main-Tauber-Kreis)|
The 12 districts with number of population (as in 2001):Area in km² (as in 2006)
- FV Lauda, soccer
- Lauda Hornets, American football
- Johann Gottfried von Aschhausen, (1575-1622), Bishop of diocese Würzburg and Archbishopric of Bamberg
- Johann Rudolf Zumsteeg, (1760-1802), composer
- Johann Martin Schleyer, (1831-1912), developer of artificial language Volapük
- Albert Hehn (1908-1983), actor
- Heinrich Ehrler, (1917-1945), Luftwaffe fighter
- Karl Weid, (born 1921), the mayor from 1970s onwards
- Jürgen Hehn, (born 1944), fencer, team world champion with his sword in 1973
- Manuela Ruben, (born 1964), figure skater, Vice European Champion 1984
- Thorsten Weidner, (born 1967), fencer, Olympic team champion with the foil 1992
- Martin Lanig, (born 1986), football player
Among the business entities located in Lauda are the two world famous manufacturers of laboratory equipment:
- Lauda, a manufacturer of thermostats.
- Herzog, a manufacturer of crude oil and fuel testing equipment. The founder of the company, Walter Herzog, has moved to Lauda after World War II, and pioneered a few important innovations in the testing of oil and fuels, like first automatic flash point tester, first automatic distillation apparatus, and others.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2019". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). September 2020.
- Stefan Heidrich's page about Lauda-Königshofen (German)
- Oliver Pinkos's page about the district Beckstein (German)
- Ralf Liebenstein's page about the district Messelhausen (German)
- Sascha Renk's page about the district Oberlauda (German)
|This Main-Tauber district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|