LatitudeLearning is a private software company that provides learning management software. Based in Saline, Michigan, Latitude Learning developed, hosts and provides access to a learning management system (LMS), which delivers and manages Web-based e-learning courses and tracks student progress. The Latitude Learning LMS includes a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, and reporting of training programs, classroom and online events, e-learning programs and training content. Its products and services are delivered using a software-as-a-service (SaaS) / Cloud model.
|Industry||Educational Software: eLearning|
|Headquarters||Saline, MI, United States|
|CEO: Jeff Walter|
|Products||(see Products and Services)|
Number of employees
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 1995, Novations Learning Technologies was formed to provide e-learning and learning management solutions to companies. The LMS, called Ready Solutions LMS, was sold only as commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software. In 2005 Latitude Learning was formed when the Latitude Consulting Group, Inc., led by CEO Jeff Walter, acquired Novations Learning Technologies.
In 2008, Latitude Learning rechristened Ready Solutions LMS as LatitudeLearning.com. Latitude Learning launched LatitudeLearning.com, as a cloud-based version of the LMS.
In 2010 Latitude Learning launched its Forever Free program which allowed free access to the LMS for companies with fewer than 100 users and to non-profit organizations with up to 1000 students. More than 1000 LMS set-ups were deployed within the first year.
In 2017 Latitude Learning passed the threshold of 20,000 LMS set-ups.
LatitudeLearning.com LMS is a scalable, SCORM-compliant solution built with Microsoft's .Net and SQL Server. It is rated one of The Top 20 Most Popular LMS Software Solutions by Capterra and listed as a major LMS for associations by Tagoras Research.
In addition to the standard LMS features such as administration, documentation, tracking, and reporting of training programs, classroom and online events, e-learning programs, business intelligence dashboards and training content, the LatitudeLearning.com LMS offers Web 2.0 capabilities such as integrated functionality ('widgets') to aid in the presentation of personalized training and performance information; RSS news feeds and audio/video casts; blogs; polls and surveys; and social and peer-to-peer networking forums to provide a consistent customer service experience. Blended learning is also credited with helping global companies with facilities in many countries to quickly instill a sense of corporate culture and introduction to new business processes.
- In 2010 Latitude Learning won the Ektron All Stars Awards for Best Extranet Site.
- In 2010 Latitude Learning won the bronze medal for Best Advance in Learning Management Technology for External Training from Brandon Hall Research
- In 2012 Latitude Learning client VIP Auto won the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association Head of the Class Award for retailers
- "From the "About Us" Latitude Learning corporate web site".
- "Sramana Mitra "The 1M/1M Deal Radar: Latitude Learning"".
- "Chief Learning Officer|". Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Standard LMS Configuration".
- "Capterra "The Top 20 Most Popular LMS Software Solutions"".
- "Tagoras "Association Learning Management Systems 2013 Edition"".
- "Corp! magazine "Business Intelligence Dashboards"".
- "LMS Selection "Social Learning by Latitude Learning"".
- "1to1 Media "Case In Brief: VIP Parts, Tires & Service Drives a Consistent Experience"".
- "Manufacturing Business Technology magazine "Learning Management Systems For Success"".
- "2010 Ektron All Stars Award Winners|". Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "2012 AAIA Head of the Class Award winner". Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "2010 Brandon Hall Award Winners|". Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Ektron Partner Directory|". Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Microsoft Partner Directory|". Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Kony Solutions website |". Retrieved 2012-04-11.