Contemporary restrictions in the United StatesEdit
In the United States, most states give the meal a day or two before execution and use the euphemism "special meal". Alcohol or tobacco are usually denied. Unorthodox or unavailable requests are replaced with substitutes. Some states place tight restrictions. In Florida, the food for the last meal must be purchased locally and the cost is limited to $40. In Oklahoma, cost is limited to $15. In Louisiana, the prison warden traditionally joins the condemned prisoner for the last meal. On one occasion, the warden paid for an inmate's lobster dinner.
In September 2011, the state of Texas abolished all special last meal requests after condemned prisoner Lawrence Russell Brewer requested a huge last meal and did not eat any of it, saying he was not hungry. The tradition of customized last meals is thought to have been established around 1924 in Texas.
Documented last meal requestsEdit
This represents the items reported requested but does not, in all cases, represent what the prisoner actually received.
|Name||Crime||Country||Year||Method of Execution||Requested Meal|
|Charles Peace||Serial killer||UK||1879||Hanging||A breakfast consisting of eggs and a large amount of salty bacon.|
|Fritz Haarmann||Serial killer||Germany||1925||Decapitation by guillotine||An expensive cigar and a cup of Brazilian coffee.|
|Mathias Kneißl||Murderer, Robber||Germany||1902||Decapitation by guillotine||Six glasses of beer.|
|Peter Kürten||Serial killer/Rapist||Germany||1931||Decapitation by guillotine||Wiener schnitzel, fried potatoes and a bottle of white wine. He requested a second helping and received it.|
|Roger Casement||Treason||UK||1916||Hanging||Sacramental bread. Casement converted to Catholicism before his execution and stated he intended to go "to my death with the body of my God as my last meal."|
|Name||Crime||Country||Year||Method of Execution||Requested Meal|
|Adolf Eichmann||Holocaust perpetrator||(German national) Israel||1962||Hanging||Declined a special meal, instead requesting a bottle of Carmel red wine with the usual prison food of cheese, bread, olives, and tea. He drank about half of the bottle.|
|Andrew Chan and
|The Australian ringleaders of the Bali Nine||Indonesia||2015||Firing squad||KFC. Although Indonesia does not normally grant last meal requests, Sukumaran and Chan were granted their KFC feast via officials.|
|Leo Echegaray||Rape of his 10-year-old stepdaughter||Philippines||1999||Lethal injection||Sardines and dried fish. When the reprieve was announced, he shared the food with relatives who had gathered at the prison. His execution eventually took place on 5 February 1999.|
|Mona Fandey||Murderer||Malaysia||2001||Hanging at Kajang Prison||Declined a last meal; she was instead given a dinner from KFC.|
|Saddam Hussein||Crimes against humanity||Iraq||2006||Hanging||The Times states that "he refused their offers of cigarettes and a last meal of chicken and shawarma rice." Other sources state Hussein ate his last meal of chicken and rice, and had a cup of hot water with honey.|
|Ajmal Kasab||Terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks||India||2012||Hanging at Pune's Yerawada jail||He ate a tomato along with "jail food", and had two cups of masala tea. He also drank four bottles of mineral water.|
|John Martin Scripps||Serial killer||Singapore||1996||Hanging||A pizza and a cup of hot chocolate.|
|Cheng Chieh||Mass-murderer involved in the 2014 Taipei Metro attack||Taiwan||2016||Gunshot||Bento, consisting of stewed pork, rice and vegetables.|
|Yakub Memon||Terrorist involved in the 1993 Bombay bombings||India||2015||Hanging at Nagpur jail||Declined a special meal; he was given a breakfast of upma which he did not eat.|
|Name||Crime||Province||Year||Execution method||Requested Meal|
|Arthur Lucas and Ronald Turpin||Murderer||Ontario||1962||Hanging||Steak, potatoes, vegetables and pie.|
|Name||Crime||State||Year||Method of Execution||Requested Meal|
|Adam Kelly Ward||Murderer||Texas||2016||Lethal injection||Beef soft tacos, Spanish rice, salsa, mixed greens, corn, refried beans, and flour tortillas with a choice of water, tea or punch to drink.*|
|Aileen Wuornos||Serial killer||Florida||2002||Lethal injection||Declined a special meal, but had a hamburger and other snack food from the prison's canteen. Later, she drank a cup of coffee.|
|Allen Lee Davis||Murderer||Florida||1999||Electrocution||One lobster tail, fried potatoes, a half-pound of fried shrimp, six ounces of fried clams, half a loaf of garlic bread, and 32 ounces of Barq's root beer.|
|Alton Coleman||Spree Killer||Ohio||2002||Lethal injection||Well done filet mignon smothered with mushrooms, fried chicken breasts, a salad with French dressing, sweet potato pie with whipped cream, French fries, collard greens, onion rings, cornbread, broccoli with melted cheese, biscuits and gravy, and a cherry Coke.|
|Andrew Lackey||Murderer||Alabama||2013||Lethal injection||Turkey bologna, French fries, and grilled cheese.|
|Ángel Nieves Díaz||Murderer||Florida||2006||Lethal injection||Declined a special meal. He was served the regular prison meal for that day consisting of shredded turkey with taco seasoning, shredded cheese, rice, pinto beans, tortilla shells, apple crisp and iced tea, but declined that as well.|
|Arthur Frederick Goode III||Murderer||Florida||1984||Electrocution||A steak, corn, broccoli and cookies.|
|Barbara Graham||Murderer||California||1955||Gas chamber||A milkshake and a chocolate sundae.|
|Barton Kay Kirkham||Robber and murderer||Utah||1958||Hanging||Pizzas and ice cream.|
|Betty Butler||Murderer||Ohio||1954||Electrocution||Scrambled eggs with cheese, a slice of toast, two glasses of milk and a dish of apricots.|
|Billie Wayne Coble||Murderer||Texas||2019||Lethal Injection||Scrambled eggs, oven-fried potatoes, biscuits, country gravy, mixed fruit, grape jelly, ketchup, baked chicken, macaroni and cheese, sweet peas, pinto beans and sliced bread, with a choice of water, tea or punch to drink.*|
|Billy Bailey||Murderer||Delaware||1996||Hanging, last person executed by hanging in the United States as of 2020||A steak (well-done), a baked potato with sour cream and butter, buttered rolls, peas and vanilla ice cream.|
|Billy Ray Irick||Murderer||Tennessee||2018||Lethal injection||A 'deluxe combo' meal consisting of a double patty bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, tomato and pickles, a large order of onion rings, a large Coke with a wedge of lime, and an extra-large strawberry-banana milkshake.|
|Brian Steckel||Murderer||Delaware||2005||Lethal injection||Cheesesteak, coleslaw, and a Pepsi.|
|Bobby Wayne Woods||Murder, kidnapper and rapist||Texas||2009||Lethal injection||Two chicken fried steaks, two fried chicken breasts, three fried pork chops, two hamburgers with lettuce, tomato, onion and salad dressing, four slices of bread, half a pound of fried potatoes with onion, half a pound of onion rings with ketchup, half a pan of chocolate cake with icing and two pitchers of milk.|
|Bobby Joe Long||Serial killer||Florida||2019||Lethal injection||Roast beef, bacon, french fries and soda.|
|Brandon Astor Jones||Murderer||Georgia||2016||Lethal injection||Refused the option of choosing his last meal, so was given the standard issue menu of chicken and rice, rutabaga, seasoned turnip greens, dry white beans, cornbread, bread pudding and fruit punch.|
|Bruno Richard Hauptmann||Lindbergh kidnapping and murder||New Jersey||1936||Electrocution||Celery, olives, chicken, french fries, buttered peas, cherries, and a slice of cake.|
|Cal Coburn Brown||Murderer||Washington State||2010||Lethal injection||Combination meat pizza, apple pie, coffee, and milk.|
|Carey Dean Moore||Murderer||Nebraska||2018||Lethal injection||Pizza with bacon, beef, cheese and mushrooms, Pepsi, and strawberry cheesecake.|
|Charles Brooks Jr.||Murderer||Texas||1982||Lethal injection, Brooks was the first prisoner in the United States executed by this method||A T-bone steak, French fries, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, biscuits, peach cobbler and iced tea. Originally Brooks wanted fried shrimp and oysters, but the prison chef told him shellfish was not an option.|
|Christina Marie Riggs||Murderer||Arkansas||2000||Lethal injection||Supreme pizza, salad, fried okra, cherry limeade and strawberry shortcake.|
|Christopher Brooks||Murderer, Rapist||Alabama||2016||Lethal injection||Two peanut butter cups and a Dr. Pepper.|
|Christopher Price||Murderer||Alabama||2019||Lethal Injection||Four pints of Turtle Pie ice cream.|
|Charles Russell Rhines||Murderer||South Dakota||2019||Lethal injection||Fried chicken, сantaloupe or musk melon, lefse, yogurt (strawberry and cherry), butter, black licorice, cookies and cream ice cream, root beer, coffee with cream and sugar.|
|Charles Starkweather||Murderer||Nebraska||1959||Electrocution||Declined the usual steak dinner, asking for cold cuts instead.|
|Clarence Ray Allen||Proxy murderer||California||2006||Lethal injection||Buffalo steak, Frybread, KFC, sugar-free pecan pie, sugar-free black walnut ice cream, and whole milk. He let the ice-cream thaw out for an hour and turned it into a milkshake by hand. |
|Cornelius Goss||Murderer||Texas||2000||Lethal injection||An apple, an orange, a banana, a coconut and peaches.|
|Coy Wayne Wesbrook||Murderer||Texas||2016||Lethal injection||Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, country gravy, green beans, sliced bread, and mandarin orange cake with a choice of water, tea or punch to drink.* However, he refused that meal, wishing Texas could offer last meal requests again.|
|Daniel Anthony Lucas||Murderer||Georgia||2016||Lethal injection||Meat pizza, steak and cheese calzone, stuffed Portobello mushroom, chef's salad with ranch and honey mustard dressings, and orange juice.|
|Danny Rolling||The Gainesville Ripper, serial murderer||Florida||2006||Lethal injection||Lobster tail, butterfly shrimp, baked potato, strawberry cheesecake, and sweet tea.|
|David Castillo||Murderer||Texas||1998||Lethal injection||24 soft shell tacos, six enchiladas, six tostados, two whole onions, five jalapeños, two cheeseburgers, one chocolate shake, one quart of milk and one package of Marlboro cigarettes.|
|David Leon Woods||Murderer||Indiana||2007||Lethal injection||Birthday cake and pizza. He shared the meal with his family.|
|David Thomas Dawson||Murderer||Montana||2006||Lethal injection||Two double cheeseburgers, two large servings of French fries, a half gallon of vanilla fudge ripple ice cream, and two Dr. Peppers.|
|David Alan Gore||Serial killer||Florida||2012||Lethal injection||Fried chicken, french fries & butter pecan ice cream.|
|David Mason||Murderer||California||1993||Gas chamber||Declined a special meal, but chose to have some ice water while waiting in his cell.|
|Dennis Wayne Bagwell||Mass Murderer||Texas||2005||Lethal injection||Medium rare steak with A1 Steak Sauce, fried chicken breasts and thighs, BBQ ribs, French fries, onion rings, bacon, scrambled eggs with onions, fried potatoes with onions, sliced tomatoes, salad with ranch dressing, two hamburgers, peach pie, milk, coffee, and iced tea with real sugar.|
|Dennis McGuire||Murderer||Ohio||2014||Lethal injection||Roast beef, fried chicken, fried potatoes with onions, a bagel with cream cheese and onions, potato salad, a Coca-Cola and butter pecan ice cream.|
|Desmond Keith Carter||Murderer||North Carolina||2002||Lethal injection||Declined a special meal, but had two cheeseburgers, a steak sub, and two Cokes from the prison canteen, for which he paid $4.20 from his prison account.|
|Dobie Gillis Williams||Murderer||Louisiana||1999||Lethal injection||Twelve chocolate bars and some ice cream.|
|Domingo Cantu||Murderer||Texas||1999||Lethal injection||Twelve pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, 14 jalapeños, orange juice, chocolate cake, buttermilk biscuits and strawberry ice cream.|
|Donald Edward Beaty||Murderer||Arizona||2011||Lethal injection||A beef chimichanga with salsa and guacamole, a double cheeseburger with all the fixings, fries, 14 ounces of rocky road ice cream, and a diet Pepsi.|
|Donnie Cleveland Lance||Murderer||Georgia||2020||Lethal injection||Two chili steak burgers, French fries, onion rings, mustard, ketchup and a soda.|
|Douglas Wright||Murderer||Oregon||1996||Lethal injection||One honey bun.|
|Dovie Dean||Murderer||Ohio||1954||Electrocution||Roast chicken, potatoes, asparagus, green salad with French dressing, coconut cream pie, angel food cake and coffee.|
|Earl Forrest||Murderer||Missouri||2016||Lethal injection||Steak, pasta, fruit plate, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, chocolate cake and milk.|
|Edmund Zagorski||Murderer||Tennessee||2018||Electrocution||Pickled ham hock and pig tails.|
|Edward Hartman||Murderer||North Carolina||2003||Lethal injection||A Greek salad, linguini with white clam sauce, cheesecake with cherry topping, garlic bread, and a Coke.|
|Edward Schad||Murderer||Arizona||2013||Lethal injection||A 12-inch meatball sub, a large order of french fries with ketchup, two ears of corn on the cob, two ounces of cranberry sauce, a slice of apple pie, and a vanilla milkshake.|
|Elijah Page||Murderer||South Dakota||2007||Lethal injection||Steak, jalapeño peppers with cream sauce, onion rings, a salad with cherry tomatoes, ham chunks, shredded cheese, bacon bits, and blue cheese and ranch dressing, coffee, lemon iced tea, and ice cream.|
|Elizabeth Ann Duncan||Proxy murderer||California||1962||Gas chamber; Duncan was the last woman executed in the United States before Furman v. Georgia.||A steak and a salad.|
|Emeline Meaker||Murderer||Vermont||1883||Hanging||Two boiled eggs, two slices of toast, a potato, a donut and a cup of coffee.|
|Eric Scott Branch||Murderer||Florida||2018||Lethal injection||T-bone steak, pork chop, fries, and two pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.|
|Eric Nance||Murderer||Arkansas||2005||Lethal injection||Two bacon cheeseburgers, french fries, two pints of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, and two Coca-Colas.|
|Eric Nenno||Murderer and Rapist||Texas||2008||Lethal injection||A grilled cheeseburger, four fish patties, six hard boiled eggs and coffee.|
|Eric Wrinkles||Mass Murderer||Indiana||2009||Lethal injection||Prime rib, a "loaded" baked potato, pork chops with steak fries, rolls and two salads with ranch dressing.|
|Frank Spisak||Serial Killer||Ohio||2011||Lethal Injection||Spaghetti with light tomato sauce but no meat, tossed salad with Italian dressing, chocolate cake, coffee with cream and sugar and a root beer.|
|Francis Crowley||Murderer||New York||1932||Electrocution||Steak and onions, French fries, apple pie, ice cream and melted ice cream.|
|Frederick Treesh||Murderer||Ohio||2013||Lethal injection||Steak with mushrooms, eggs, hash browns, cottage cheese, onion rings, deep-fried mushrooms, a hot fudge sundae and sodas.|
|Gary Lee Davis||Murderer||Colorado||1997||Lethal injection||Chocolate and vanilla ice cream cups, shared with the prison superintendent and a manager.|
|Gary Gilmore||Murderer||Utah||1977||Firing squad||A hamburger, hard-boiled eggs, a baked potato, a few cups of coffee, and three shots of contraband Jack Daniel's whiskey.|
|Gary Michael Heidnik||Murderer||Pennsylvania||1999||Lethal injection||Two slices of a cheese pizza and two cups of black coffee.|
|Gary Carl Simmons, Jr.||Murderer||Mississippi||2012||Lethal injection||One Pizza Hut medium Super Supreme Deep Dish pizza with double portions of mushrooms, onions, jalapeño peppers, and pepperoni, a second pizza with three cheeses, olives, bell pepper, tomato, garlic, and Italian sausage, 10 8-oz. packs of Parmesan cheese, 10 8-oz. packs of ranch dressing, one family size bag of Doritos nacho cheese flavor, 8 oz. jalapeño nacho cheese, 4 oz. sliced jalapeños, 2 large strawberry shakes, two 20-oz. cherry Cokes, one super-size order of McDonald's fries with extra ketchup and mayonnaise, and two pints of strawberry ice cream. He consumed about half of the meal.|
|Gary Ray Bowles||The I-95 Killer, Serial killer||Florida||2019||Lethal injection||Three cheeseburgers, french fries and bacon.|
|Genaro Ruiz Camacho||Murderer and kidnapper||Texas||1998||Lethal injection||A steak, a baked potato, a salad and strawberry ice cream.|
|Gerald Lee Mitchell||Murderer||Texas||2001||Lethal injection||Assorted bag of Jolly Rancher candies |
|Gerald Stano||Serial killer||Florida||1998||Electrocution||Delmonico steak, a baked potato with sour cream and bacon bits, tossed salad with blue cheese dressing, lima beans, a half gallon of mint chocolate-chip ice cream, and 2 litres of Pepsi.|
|Gregory Paul Lawler||Murderer||Georgia||2016||Lethal injection||Ribeye steak, a baked potato with sour cream, asparagus, dinner rolls with butter, French onion soup, strawberries, pistachio ice cream, milk, and apple juice.|
|Gustavo Julian Garcia||Murderer||Texas||2016||Lethal injection||Chicken patties, macaroni and cheese, sweet peas, carrots, pinto beans, sliced bread, and a choice of water, tea or punch to drink.*|
|Harold McQueen Jr.||Murderer||Kentucky||1997||Electric chair||Two cheesecakes, shared with his attorney.|
|Harry Charles Moore||Murderer||Oregon||1997||Lethal injection||Two green apples, two red apples, a tray of fresh fruit and two 2-liter bottles of Coca-Cola.|
|Hastings Arthur Wise||Mass murderer||South Carolina||2005||Lethal injection||Lobster tail, french fries, coleslaw, banana pudding and milk.|
|Herman Ashworth||Murderer||Ohio||2005||Lethal injecction||Two cheeseburgers with lettuce and mayonnaise, French fries with ketchup, one Dr Pepper and one Mountain Dew.|
|Humberto Leal Garcia||Murderer and Rapist||Texas||2011||Lethal injection||Fried chicken, Pico de gallo, tacos, two colas and a bowl of fried okra.|
|Ignacio Cuevas||Perpetrator of the 1974 Huntsville Prison Siege||Texas||1991||Lethal injection||Chicken and dumplings, steamed rice, sliced bread, black-eyed peas, and iced tea.|
|James Autry||Murderer||Texas||1984||Lethal injection||A hamburger, French fries and a Dr Pepper.|
|James Edward Clayton||Murderer||Texas||2000||Lethal injection||Three fried chicken breasts, a lettuce and cucumber salad with light vinegar dressing, and a pitcher of ice water.|
|James Homer Elledge||Murderer||Washington state||2001||Lethal injection||Eggs, bacon, waffles, sweet roll, cereal and orange juice. Elledge did not eat the dinner despite requesting it; his last meal was instead a breakfast consisting of apple juice, oatmeal, toast, hash browns, coffee and eggs.|
|James Otto Earhart||Murderer||Texas||1999||Lethal injection||Steak, french fries, and one vanilla milkshake.|
|James Edward Smith||Murderer||Texas||1990||Lethal injection||A lump of dirt, which was denied. He settled for a cup of yogurt.|
|James Hubbard||Murderer||Alabama||2004||Lethal injection||Two eggs over-medium, four pieces of bacon, sliced tomatoes, fried green tomatoes, pineapple slices with mayonnaise, white bread, a banana and a medium-sized V8 juice.|
|Jay Wesley Neill||Mass murderer||Oklahoma||2002||Lethal injection||A double cheeseburger, French fries, peach or cherry cobbler, a pint of vanilla ice cream and a large bottle of cran-grape juice.|
|J. W. Ledford, Jr.||Murderer||Georgia||2017||Lethal injection||Filet mignon wrapped in bacon with pepper jack cheese, a large order of French fries, ten chicken tenders with sauce, fried pork chops, a blooming onion, pecan pie, vanilla ice cream, sherbet and a Sprite.|
|Jesse Mott||Murderer||Texas||1934||Electric chair||Two pounds of sirloin steak, two pounds of cured ham, 12 fried eggs, 50 biscuits, two quarts of ice cream, two chocolate pies, and a gallon of lemonade.|
|Jessy San Miguel||Murderer||Texas||2000||Lethal injection||A pizza, ten quesadillas filled with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, five strips of grilled beef, five strips of stir-fried beef, ice cream, double fudge chocolate cake, broccoli, grapes and sweet tea.|
|Joe Arridy||Falsely accused of rape and murder. Posthumously pardoned in 2011||Colorado||1939||Gas chamber||Ice cream.|
|John B. Nixon||Murderer||Mississippi||2005||Lethal injection||A T-bone steak (well-done), buttered asparagus spears, a baked potato with sour cream, peach pie, vanilla ice cream and sweet tea.|
|John Deering||Murderer||Utah||1938||Firing squad||Pheasant.|
|John David Duty||Murderer||Oklahoma||2010||Lethal injection||A double cheeseburger with mayonnaise, a foot-long hot dog with cheese, mustard and extra onions, a cherry limeade, and a large banana shake.|
|John Wayne Conner||Murderer||Georgia||2016||Lethal injection||Ten pieces of fried catfish, ten hushpuppies, two triple deluxe hamburgers with bacon, two pints of vanilla ice cream, and one sliced raw onion.|
|John Wayne Gacy||Serial killer||Illinois||1994||Lethal injection||A dozen deep-fried shrimp, a bucket of original recipe chicken from KFC, French fries, a pound of strawberries, and a bottle of diet Coke.|
|John Joubert||Serial killer||Nebraska||1996||Electric chair||Pizza with green pepper and onions, strawberry cheesecake, and Coca-Cola|
|John Allen Muhammad||The Beltway Sniper, murder||Virginia||2009||Lethal injection||Chicken with red sauce and several cakes.|
|John Albert Taylor||Murderer||Utah||1996||Firing squad||Antacid medicine, a cigarette, and pizzas "with everything."|
|Johnny Frank Garrett||Murderer||Texas||1992||Lethal injection||Ice cream.|
|Joseph Paul Franklin||Serial Killer||Missouri||2013||Lethal injection||Declined the last meal, but had a lunch of roast beef and potatoes.|
|Joseph Mitchell Parsons||Murderer||Utah||1999||Lethal injection||Three Burger King Whoppers, two large orders of fries, a chocolate shake, chocolate chip ice cream, and a package of grape Hubba Bubba bubblegum, to be shared with his brother and a cousin.|
|Joseph Taborsky||Spree Killer||Connecticut||1960||Electrocution||Banana split, cherry soda, coffee with cream and sugar, and a pack of cigarettes.|
|Juan Garza||Murderer and drug trafficker||U.S. Federal Government||2001||Lethal injection||Steak, French fries, onion rings, three slices of bread, and a soft drink|
|Judy Buenoano||Murderer||Florida||1998||Electrocution||Asparagus, broccoli, strawberries, tomatoes and a cup of tea.|
|Karl Eugene Chamberlain||Murderer||Texas||2008||Lethal injection||A variety of fresh fruit and vegetables, cheese, lunch meat, deviled eggs, 6 fried cheese-stuffed jalapeños, a chef salad with ranch dressing, onion rings, french fries, a cheeseburger, 2 fried chicken breasts, barbecue pork rolls, an omelette, milk, and orange juice.|
|Karl-Heinz LaGrand||Murderer||Arizona||1999||Lethal injection||Two BLT sandwiches on white bread with mayonnaise, four fried eggs (over easy), a medium portion of hash browns, two breakfast rolls with strawberry jelly, half a pint of pineapple sherbet, a cup of coffee, a medium slice of German chocolate cake with coconut-caramel icing and a cup of milk.|
|Karla Faye Tucker||Murderer||Texas||1998||Lethal injection||A banana, a peach and a salad with either Ranch or Italian dressing.|
|Keith Zettlemoyer||Murderer||Pennsylvania||1995||Lethal injection||Two cheeseburgers, fries, chocolate pudding and chocolate milk.|
|Kelly Gissendaner||Murderer||Georgia||2015||Lethal injection||Cheese dip with chips, Texas nachos with fajita meat and a diet frosted lemonade. Previously Gissendaner had cornbread, buttermilk, two Burger King Whoppers, two large orders of French fries, cherry vanilla ice cream, popcorn, lemonade and a salad with boiled eggs, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, carrots, cheese and Paul Newman buttermilk dressing before her execution was stayed.|
|Kenneth Dunn||Murderer||Texas||1999||Lethal injection||Beef fajitas, stir-fried beef, six cinnamon rolls, a pecan pie, a cherry pie, a diet cream soda and three eggs.|
|Kenneth Edward Gentry||Murderer||Texas||1997||Lethal injection||Butter beans, mashed potatoes, onions, tomatoes, biscuits, chocolate cake and Dr Pepper.|
|Kenneth McDuff||Serial killer||Texas||1998||Lethal injection||Two T-bone steaks with all the fixings.|
|Kimberly McCarthy||Murderer||Texas||2013||Lethal injection||Pepper steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, mixed vegetables and white cake with chocolate icing with a choice of water, tea or punch to drink.* McCarthy was the 500th person executed by the state of Texas since 1976.|
|Lawrence Russell Brewer||Murderer||Texas||2011||Lethal injection||Two chicken fried steaks smothered in gravy with sliced onions; a triple meat bacon cheeseburger with fixings on the side; a cheese omelet with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and jalapeños; a large bowl of fried okra with ketchup; one pound of barbecue with half a loaf of white bread; three fajitas with fixings; a Meat Lovers pizza; three root beers; one pint of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream; and a slab of peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts. Brewer's request was granted, but he refused the meal when it arrived saying that he was simply not hungry, prompting Texas to stop granting last meal requests to condemned inmates.|
|Ledell Lee||Murdered his neighbor||Arkansas||2017||Lethal injection||Chose to receive Holy Communion as his last meal.|
|Leon Moser||Mass Murderer||Pennsylvania||1995||Lethal injection||A large cheese pizza, cheese slices, cold cuts, pasta salad, iced cup cakes and a 2-liter bottle of Coca-Cola.|
|Lewis Eugene Gilbert||Murderer||Oklahoma||2003||Lethal injection||Half a gallon of vanilla ice cream, a box of assorted cones and a box of Whoppers.|
|Lisa Ann Coleman||Murderer||Texas||2014||Lethal injection||A fried pork chop, macaroni and cheese, carrots, green beans, navy beans, sliced bread and pineapple orange cake with a choice of water, tea or punch to drink.*|
|Lois Nadean Smith||Murderer||Oklahoma||2001||Lethal injection||Barbecue ribs, onion rings, strawberry banana cake and a cherry limeade.|
|Lowell Lee Andrews||Mass Murderer||Kansas||1962||Hanging||Two fried chickens with sides of mashed potatoes, green beans and Pie a la Mode.|
|Marcel Williams||Murderer||Arkansas||2017||Lethal injection||3 pieces of original recipe KFC fried chicken, banana pudding, nachos with chili cheese and jalapeño peppers, two 16 oz bottles of Mountain Dew, and potato logs with ketchup.|
|Marco Allen Chapman||Murderer and rapist||Kentucky||2008||Lethal injection||A 32-ounce medium rare sirloin steak, 20 butterfly shrimp, tossed salad with ranch dressing, iced tea, and a banana cream pie.|
|Marilyn Kay Plantz||Proxy murderer||Oklahoma||2001||Lethal injection||A chicken taco salad, a Mexican pizza, two enchiritos, two chicken soft tacos, two cinnamon twists, pecan pie and two cans of Coca-Cola.|
|Marion Albert Pruett||Spree killer||Arkansas||1999||Lethal injection||A stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut, four Burger King Whoppers, a large order of French fries, three two-liter bottles of Pepsi, a bucket of ice, a bottle of ketchup, salt, fried eggplant, fried squash, fried okra, and a pecan pie. In an interview prior to his execution date, he said he was going to share his last meal with another inmate who was going to be executed the same day. He went on to say he originally wanted to have a roast duck for his last meal, but declined because he felt the prison would not cook it.|
|Marion Wilson, Jr.||Murderer||Georgia||2019||Lethal injection||One medium thin-crust pizza with everything, 20 buffalo wings, one pint of butter pecan ice cream, some apple pie and grape juice.|
|Mark Dean Schwab||Murderer||Florida||2008||Lethal injection||Fried eggs (over easy), bacon, sausage links, hash browns, buttered toast, and a quart of chocolate milk.|
|Mark Hopkinson||Proxy murderer||Wyoming||1992||Lethal injection||Pizza, shared with his mother and other family members. He later asked for and received a fruit plate.|
|Martha Beck||Serial Killer||New York||1951||Electrocution||Fried chicken, fried potatoes and salad.|
|Melbert Ford||Murderer||Georgia||2010||Lethal injection||Fried fish, shrimp, a baked potato, salad, boiled corn, ice cream, cheesecake and soda.|
|Michael Bruce Ross||Serial murder||Connecticut||2005||Lethal injection||Declined a special meal, but dined on the regular prison meal of the day: turkey à la king with rice, mixed vegetables, white bread, fruit, and a beverage.|
|Miguel Richardson||Murderer||Texas||2001||Lethal injection||A chocolate birthday cake with "2/23/90" written on top and 7 pink candles, one coconut, kiwi fruit juice, one mango, grapes, lettuce, cottage cheese, peaches, one banana, one apple, chef salad without meat and with thousand island dressing, fruit salad, cheese, and tomato slices|
|Nathaniel Woods||Murderer||Alabama||2020||Lethal injection||Sweet potatoes, spinach, chicken patty, chicken leg quarter, cooked apples, fries, two oranges and orange flavored drink.|
|Nicholas Todd Sutton||Murderer||Tennessee||2020||Electrocution||Sutton ordered fried pork chops, mashed potatoes with gravy and peach pie with vanilla ice cream |
|Noble Mays||Murderer||Texas||1995||Lethal injection||Four or five fried eggs (over easy), three sausage links, three biscuits and coffee.|
|Oba Chandler||Murderer||Florida||2011||Lethal injection||Two salami sandwiches on white bread with mustard, peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich on white bread, iced tea and coffee.|
|Odell Barnes||Murderer||Texas||2000||Lethal injection||"Justice, Equality, World Peace."|
|Orien Joiner||Murderer||Texas||2000||Lethal injection||A hamburger steak (well-done) with brown gravy and grilled onions, a large order of deep-fried French Fries with ketchup, five slices of buttered grilled Texas toast, iced tea with real sugar and hot honey buns with melted butter on the side.|
|Oscar Ray Bolin Jr||Serial killer||Florida||2016||Lethal injection||Medium rare rib eye steak, a baked potato with butter and sour cream, a salad made of iceberg lettuce, cucumber and tomato, baked garlic bread, lemon meringue pie, and a bottle of Coca-Cola.|
|Pablo Lucio Vasquez||Murderer||Texas||2016||Lethal injection||Salisbury steak, steamed rice, brown gravy, a vegetable blend, sweet peas, ranch style beans, sliced bread, and butterscotch brownies with a choice of water, tea or punch to drink.*|
|Paul Ezra Rhoades||Serial killer||Idaho||2011||Lethal injection||Hot dogs with sauerkraut, mustard, ketchup, onions, relish, baked beans, veggie sticks, ranch dressing, fruit with gelatin and strawberry ice cream cups|
|Perry Smith and Richard Hickock||Mass murders||Kansas||1965||Hanging||Shrimp, French fries, garlic bread, ice cream, and strawberries with whipped cream.|
|Peter J Miniel||Murderer||Texas||2004||Lethal injection||20 beef tacos, 20 beef enchiladas, two double cheeseburgers, a pizza with jalapeños, fried chicken, spaghetti with salt, half of a chocolate cake, half of a vanilla cake, cookies and cream ice cream, caramel pecan fudge ice cream, a small fruit cake, two Cokes, two Pepsis, two root beers, and two glasses of orange juice.|
|Philip Workman||Murderer||Tennessee||2007||Lethal injection||Declined a special meal for himself, but he asked for a large vegetarian pizza to be given to a homeless person in Nashville, Tennessee. This request was denied by the prison, but carried out by others across the country.|
|Rainey Bethea||Murder and rape||Kentucky||1936||Hanged, last person executed in public in the US||Fried chicken, pork chops, mashed potatoes, pickled cucumbers, cornbread, lemon pie, and ice cream.|
|Ralph Hudson||Murderer||New Jersey||1963||Electrocution||Prime rib steak, ice cream and a cigar.|
|Randy Greenawalt||Serial killer||Arizona||1997||Lethal injection||Two cheeseburgers, french fries with extra salt, coffee with milk.|
|Raymond Fernandez||Serial Killer||New York||1951||Electrocution||Onion omelet, french fries, chocolate candy, and a Cuban cigar.|
|Rhonda Belle Martin||Serial killer||Alabama||1957||Electrocution||A hamburger, mashed potatoes, cinammon rolls and coffee.|
|Richard Albert Leavitt||Murderer||Idaho||2012||Lethal injection||Baked chicken, french fries, and milk.|
|Richard Cartwright||Murderer||Texas||2005||Lethal injection||Fried chicken, a cheeseburger, onion rings, French fries, bacon, sausage, cheesecake and cinnamon rolls.|
|Richard Cooey||Murder and rape||Ohio||2008||Lethal injection. Clemency appeal based on his being too overweight for lethal injection drugs to work on him properly||T-bone steak with A-1 sauce, onion rings, French fries, four eggs over easy, toast with butter, hash browns, a pint of rocky road ice cream, a Mountain Dew soft drink and authentic bear claw pastries |
|Ricky Ray Rector||Murderer||Arkansas||1992||Lethal injection||Steak, fried chicken, cherry Kool-Aid, and a pecan pie. Rector, rendered mentally incapacitated by his suicide attempt after murdering a police officer, said that he did not eat the pie because he was "saving it for later".|
|Robert Alton Harris||Murderer||California||1992||Gas Chamber||A 21-piece bucket of KFC, two large Domino's Pizzas (no anchovies), ice cream, a bag of jelly beans, a six-pack of Pepsi, and a pack of Camel cigarettes. The pizza was actually a Tombstone Pizza, per Vernell Crittendon's orders. Crittendon worked at the prison and was responsible for dealing with the condemned person before his execution.|
|Robert Anthony Buell||Murderer||Ohio||2002||Lethal injection||A single, unpitted black olive.|
|Robert Dale Conklin||Murderer||Georgia||2005||Lethal injection||A filet mignon wrapped in bacon, de-veined shrimp sautéed in garlic butter with lemon, a baked potato with butter, sour cream, chives and real bacon bits, corn on the cob, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, French bread with butter, goat cheese, cantaloupe, apple pie, vanilla bean ice cream and iced tea. He ate the entire meal and even complimented the chefs on the quality.|
|Robert Glen Coe||Murderer||Tennessee||2000||Lethal injection||Fried catfish, white beans, hush puppies, coleslaw, french fries, pecan pie and sweet tea.|
|Robert Nelson Drew||Murderer||Texas||1994||Lethal injection||A steak (rare), ham, two hamburgers, two pieces of fish and a chocolate milkshake.|
|Robert Moorman||Murderer||Arizona||2012||Lethal injection||One double hamburger (two quarter-pound patties prepared “medium”) with two slices of onion, three leaves of lettuce, three tomato slices and a bun; plus French fries (with four ounces of ketchup), two three-ounce beef burritos, three Royal Crown colas, and two 14-ounce containers of Rocky Road ice cream.|
|Robert Streetman||Murderer||Texas||1988||Lethal injection||Two dozen scrambled eggs, flour tortillas, French Fries and catsup.|
|Ronald Clark O'Bryan||Murderer||Texas||1984||Lethal injection||T-bone steak (medium to well done), French fries with ketchup, whole kernel corn, sweet peas, a lettuce and tomato salad with egg and French dressing, iced tea, sweetener, saltines, Boston cream pie, and rolls.|
|Ronald Phillips||Murderer and Rapist||Ohio||2017||Lethal injection||A large cheese, bell pepper and mushroom pizza; strawberry cheesecake, a piece of unleavened bread, a Pepsi and grape juice.|
|Ronnie Lee Gardner||Murderer||Utah||2010||Firing squad||Lobster tail, steak, apple pie with vanilla ice cream, and 7 Up. He also requested to watch The Lord of the Rings film trilogy while he ate his meal.|
|Ronnie Threadgill||Murderer||Texas||2013||Lethal injection||Baked chicken, mashed potatoes with country gravy, vegetables, sweet peas, bread, tea, water, and punch.*|
|Ruben Cantu||Murderer||Texas||1993||Lethal injection||Fried chicken and rice.|
|Russell Earl Bucklew||Murderer||Missouri||2019||Lethal Injection||For his final meal, Bucklew ordered a gyro sandwich, a smoked brisket sandwich, two orders of French fries, a cola and a banana split.  Previously Bucklew had a t-bone steak, caesar salad, apple pie ala mode, and a baked potato before his execution was stayed.|
|Ruth Snyder||Murderer||New York||1928||Electrocution, photographed in the electric chair||Chicken Parmesan with alfredo pasta, ice cream, two milkshakes, and a 12-pack of grape soda.|
|Sacco and Vanzetti||Murderers (Case still open)||Massachusetts||1927||Electric chair||Soup, meat, toast and tea.|
|Sammy Crystal Perkins||Murderer||North Carolina||2004||Lethal Injection||Two fried chicken breasts, two fried chicken wings, sweet potato pie with cool whip, a large order of French fries from McDonald's, a 20-ounce Coke and a cup of ice.|
|Scott Hain||Murderer||Oklahoma||2003||Lethal injection; Hain was the last person in the United States executed for a crime committed as a minor||Three cheeseburgers, three orders of onion rings, ice cream and a Slush.|
|Scotty Garnell Morrow||Murderer||Georgia||2019||Lethal Injection||Morrow requested a last meal of a hamburger with mayonnaise, two chicken and waffle meals, a pint of butter pecan ice cream, a bag of buttered popcorn, two all-beef franks, and a large lemonade. |
|Sean Richard Sellers||Serial Killer||Oklahoma||1999||Lethal Injection||Eggrolls, sweet and sour shrimp, and batter-fried shrimp.|
|Shannon M. Johnson||Murderer||Delaware||2012||Lethal Injection||Chicken lo Mein, carrots, cake, wheat bread and margarine and iced tea.|
|Stanley Allison Baker Jr||Murder and robbery||Texas||2002||Lethal injection||Two 16 oz. ribeyes, one pound of turkey breast sliced thin, 12 bacon strips, 2 large hamburgers with mayo, onion and lettuce, 2 large baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese and chives, 4 slices of cheese or half a pound of grated cheddar cheese, chef salad with blue cheese dressing, 2 ears of corn on the cob, a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and 4 cans of vanilla Coke or Mr. Pibb.|
|Stanley Dewaine Lingar||Murderer||Missouri||2001||Lethal injection||Corned beef sandwiches and french fries.|
|Stanley Williams||Murderer||California||2005||Lethal injection||Declined a special meal, but had some oatmeal and milk before his execution.|
|Stephen Wayne Anderson||Murderer||California||2002||Lethal injection||Two grilled cheese sandwiches, one pint of cottage cheese, a hominy-corn mixture, one piece of peach pie, one pint of chocolate chip ice cream, and radishes.|
|Stephen Michael West||Murderer||Tennessee||2019||Electrocution||Philly cheesesteak and french fries.|
|Stephen Morin||Serial killer||Texas||1985||Lethal injection||A T-bone steak, a baked potato, butter, sweet green peas, bread rolls, banana pudding and coffee.|
|Steven Frederick Spears||Murdered his ex-girlfriend||Georgia||2016||Lethal injection||A large meat pizza.|
|Steven Michael Woods, Jr.||Murderer||Texas||2011||Lethal injection||2 pounds of bacon, a large 4-meat pizza, 4 fried chicken breasts, 2 drinks each of Mountain Dew, Pepsi, root beer and sweet tea, 2 pints of ice cream, 5 chicken fried steaks, 2 hamburgers with bacon, french fries, and a dozen garlic bread sticks with marinara on the side.|
|Steven Oken||Spree killer||Maryland||2004||Lethal injection||A chicken patty with potatoes and gravy, green beans, marble cake, milk and fruit punch, the regular prison meal of the day.|
|Suzanne Basso||Murderer||Texas||2014||Lethal injection||Baked chicken, fish, boiled eggs, carrots, green beans and sliced bread with a choice of water, tea or punch to drink.*|
|Ted Bundy||Serial killer||Florida||1989||Electrocution||Declined a special meal, so he was given (but did not eat) the traditional steak (medium-rare), eggs (over easy), hash browns, toast, milk, coffee, juice, butter, and jelly.|
|Teresa Lewis||Proxy murderer||Virginia||2010||Lethal injection||Two fried chicken breasts, sweet peas with butter, a Dr Pepper and apple pie for dessert.|
|Terry Douglas Clark||Murderer||New Mexico||2001||Lethal injection||Several jumbo shrimp, French fries, fried okra, peach cobbler, ice cream, and a Coke.|
|Terry Jess Dennis||Murderer||Nevada||2004||Lethal injection||Two cheeseburgers and a Coke with ice.|
|Thomas J. Grasso||Murderer||Oklahoma||1995||Lethal injection||Two dozen steamed mussels, two dozen steamed clams, a double cheeseburger from Burger King, half-dozen barbecued spare ribs, two strawberry milkshakes, half a pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and diced strawberries. He also had a 16-ounce can of spaghetti with meatballs, served at room temperature. However, he issued a public statement complaining that he had requested SpaghettiOs, not regular canned spaghetti.|
|Timothy McVeigh||Domestic terrorist/mass murder||U.S. Federal Government||2001||Lethal injection||Two pints of mint chocolate chip ice cream.|
|Velma Barfield||Murderer||North Carolina||1984||Lethal injection||Declined a special meal, having a bag of Cheez Doodles and a 12-ounce can of Coca-Cola instead.|
|Victor Feguer||Murderer||U.S. Federal Government||1963||Hanging||Requested a single olive with the pit still in it.|
|Walter Bernhard LaGrand||Murderer||Arizona||1999||Gas chamber; last person executed in the United States by this method as of 2020||Six fried eggs (over easy), 16 strips of bacon, a large serving of hash browns, a pint of pineapple sherbet, a breakfast steak (well-done), a cup of ice, a 7 Up, a Dr Pepper, a Coke, hot sauce, a cup of coffee, two packs of sugar and four Rolaids.|
|Wanda Jean Allen||Murderer||Oklahoma||2001||Lethal injection||A bag of chips.|
|Wesley Baker||Murderer||Maryland||2005||Lethal injection||Breaded fish, pasta marinara, green beans, orange fruit punch, bread, and milk (this was what was on the prison menu that day).|
|Westley Allan Dodd||The Vancouver Child Killer, serial killer and child molester||Washington state||1993||Hanging||Salmon and potatoes.|
|William Bonin||Serial murderer and rapist||California||1996||Lethal injection||Two pepperoni and sausage pizzas, three servings of chocolate ice cream, and three six-packs of Coca-Cola and Pepsi.|
|William G. Zuern, Jr.||Murderer||Ohio||2004||Lethal injection||Mashed potatoes and gravy, lasagna, macaroni and cheese, corn, garlic bread, chocolate milk, and cherry cheesecake.|
(*) Texas abolished last meal requests in 2011, so all death row inmates in Texas after 2011 were given normal prison food.
- "Death Row Fact Sheet". Florida Department of Corrections. Archived from the original on 12 June 2008. Retrieved 11 November 2007.
- "Last-meal requests come to an end on Texas death row". 23 September 2011.
- The Book of Lists #3. Bantam. 1983. pp. 85–87. ISBN 978-0-553-27868-2.
- Ward, Mike. "Last Meals for Condemned Cons Off Menu". Austin American Statesman.
- "Texas jails abolish last meals after uneaten banquet". BBC Online. 23 September 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- Fernandez, Manny (23 September 2011). "Texas Death Row Kitchen Cooks Its Last 'Last Meal'". The New York Times. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- "Last-meal requests off death row menu". 22 September 2011.
- The Book of Lists #3. Bantam. 1983. p. 85. ISBN 978-0-553-27868-2.
- "The Southeast Missourian - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com.
- "Räuber Mathias Kneißl bis heute eine bayerische Legende - Vor 100 Jahren hingerichtet - ... Vor der Hinrichtung sechs Glas Bier". Der neue Tag (Weiden in der Oberpfalz) (in German). 22 February 2002. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- The Book of Lists #3. Bantam. 1983. p. 86. ISBN 978-0-553-27868-2.
- "Roger Casement". 20 December 2010.
- "No Seconds". TIME Magazine. 23 May 1994. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Bali Nine executions: Families of Andrew Chan, Myuran Sukumaran say last goodbyes". News.com.au. 29 April 2015. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- "Asia-Pacific – Philippines stay of execution welcomed". BBC News –.
- "Mona Fandey – A modern witchcraft murder". CapitalpunishmentUK.org. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Mona Fandey, hubby and assistant hanged". The Star (Malaysia). 3 November 2001. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Ned Parker and Ali Hamdani (1 January 2007). "How one mobile phone made Saddam's hanging a very public execution". The Times (UK). London. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Google. "Saddam Hussein Last Meal". Google.
- Shaikh, Asseem; Mihir Tanksale; Umesh Isalkar (22 November 2012). "Ajmal Kasab sang in cell the night before". Times of India. Pune. TNN. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Ajmal Kasab had 'masala chai' before going to gallows". Mid Day. NDTV. 22 November 2012. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
- "John Martin Scripps". Capitalpunishmentuk.org. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- Pan, Jason (11 May 2016). "MRT murderer executed with appeal unheard". Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- Deshpande, Vivek; Rajput, Rashmi (31 July 2015). "And they hanged Yakub Memon". The Indian Express. Retrieved 12 August 2020.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Last Meals on Death Row (2002)". Dead Man Eating. Archived from the original on 29 September 2007. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Allen Lee "Tiny" Davis". Clark County Prosecutor. Retrieved 17 April 2008.
- "Last Meals on Death Row (2006)". Dead Man Eating. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Waters, John (9 March 1984). "Next Stop: The Electric Chair". Baltimore City Paper. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- Fernandez, Elizabeth (8 July 1990). "LAST MEALS ARE QUIRKY CUSTOM". Deseret News. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- "Killer Calmly Goes To Death". The Florence Times. Associated Press. 7 June 1958. p. 1. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- Fua, Amber (15 July 2020). "11 Last Meals Consumed By Female Murderers On Death Row". Ranker. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- Freudberg, Frank (25 January 1996). "Murderer hanged in Delaware". United Press International. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- Davidson, Tom (23 May 2019). "Serial killer Bobby Joe Long requests special final meal ahead of execution". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 24 August 2019.
- "Charlie Brooks, Jr". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- Reavis, Dick (1983). "Charlie Brooks' Last Words". Texas Monthly. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- Racine, Hope (25 September 2015). "What 13 Female Killers Ate For Their Last Meals". Bustle. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- "Christopher Price executed Thursday for 1991 slaying". al. 30 May 2019.
- Klinski, Michael; Raposa, Megan. "Charles Rhines execution: Here's what he ate as his last meal". Argus Leader.
- "Clarence Ray Allen". Clark County Prosecutor. Retrieved 29 September 2010.
- "'Gainesville Ripper' Danny Rolling Executed". WESH. 25 October 2006. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- Turner, Allan (23 September 2011). "Last-meal requests off death row menu". San Antonio Express-News. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- "Gore executed, nearly 30 years after string of murders". Gainesville Sun. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- "Dennis Wayne Bagwell". Clark County Prosecutor. Retrieved 3 July 2008.
- Josh Sweigart (15 January 2014). "Local killer orders roast beef, fried chicken for last meal before execution". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- Merrifield, Ryan (30 January 2020). "Donnie Cleveland Lance executed by lethal injection for killing ex-wife". mirror. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Fua, Amber (15 July 2020). "11 Last Meals Consumed By Female Murderers On Death Row". Ranker. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- "Last Meals on Death Row (2003)". Dead Man Eating. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Racine, Hope (25 September 2015). "What 13 Female Killers Ate For Their Last Meals". Bustle. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- A Life for a Life, Hanging of Mrs. Emeline Lucy Meaker at Windsor Prison", Burlington Free Press and Times. March 31, 1883.
- "Eric Charles Nenno". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Wrinkles Awaits Death For Triple Murder". WRTV. 10 December 2009. Archived from the original on 22 March 2010. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- Ryckman, Lisa (14 October 1997). "Davis pays final price". Rocky Mountain News. Archived from the original on 17 June 2009. Retrieved 18 October 2010.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- John Peck (5 January 2006). "Last Meals". Tucson Weekly. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Katherine Ramsland. "Gary Gilmore: Death Wish". Crime Library. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Wolcott, Martin Gilman (1 January 2004). The Evil 100. Citadel Press. p. 286. ISBN 978-0-8065-2555-6. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- "Gerald Lee Mitchell". Clark County Prosecutor. Retrieved 23 December 2017.
- Nick Collins (7 December 2010). "Last meals: weird requests on death row". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- Michael Griffin (23 March 1998). "Execution flurry begins". The Orlando Sentinel. p. 1. Retrieved 27 July 2017 – via newspapers.com.
- "Famous Death Row Last Meals". Huffington Post. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
- Provance, Jim (28 September 2005). "Ashworth is executed for 1996 beating death". The Blade. Retrieved 15 August 2020.
- Mears, Bill (8 June 2011). "Mexican national executed in Texas". CNN. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Final Meal Requests." Texas Department of Criminal Justice. 1 October 2003. Retrieved on 4 December 2010.
- "TEXAS EXECUTES CONVICTED KILLER WHO WON LATE REPRIEVE IN 1983". The New York Times. 14 March 1984. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "James Edward Clayton". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- Cornwall, Warren; Haley, Jim; North, Scott (27 August 2001). "Elledge's final day includes breakfast but no sunset". The Everett Herald. Retrieved 12 August 2020.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Jay Wesley Neill". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Georgia death row inmate abuses witnesses at his execution". BBC News. 17 May 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- "Jessy Carlos San Miguel". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- ""Happiest Man" in death cell dies in chair". St. Petersburg Times. 7 January 1939. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- "John B. Nixon Sr". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- Firing Squad Ends Career of Murderer. Telegraph Herald, October 31 1938, p. 1.
- Murphy, Sean (17 December 2010). "Oklahoma executes man with new drug combination". The Oklahoman. Associated Press. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- Meserve, Jeanne; Mike M. Ahlers (11 November 2009). "Sniper John Allen Muhammad executed". Jarratt, Virginia: CNN. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
The lawyer said Muhammad's last meal was "chicken and red sauce, and he had some cakes.
- Hal Schindler (28 January 1996). "Taylor's Death Was Quick . . . But Some Weren't So Lucky". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- "The last meals of US prisoners on death row". BBC News. 16 August 2020. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- Bryson, Amy Joi (14 October 1999). "Death wish Execution comes 12 years after murder at rest stop". Deseret News. p. 3. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
- Enea, Joe (2 April 2016). "Brothers executed after botched bank robbery". KNXV-TV. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "Karla Faye Tucker's last hours?". CNN. 3 February 1998. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- "Man Put to Death in Pennsylvania". San Francisco Chronicle. 3 May 1995. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- "Gissendaner requests last meal, less food than previous last meal". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 5 September 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- Verhovek, Sam Howe (4 January 1998). "Word for Word / Last Meals; For the Condemned in Texas, Cheeseburgers Without Mercy". The New York Times. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- "UPI Focus: Texas executes serial killer". United Press International. 17 November 1998. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Kimberly McCarthy put to death in Texas' 500th modern execution". The Dallas Morning News. 26 June 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- Scott Lawrence (21 September 2011). "Lawrence Russell Brewer refuses to eat final meal". KFDM News. Archived from the original on 17 February 2012. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Texas kills fancy last meal requests on death row". Reuters. 23 September 2011. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- Kandra, Greg (22 April 2017). "Ledell Lee's last meal: Holy Communion". Aleteia. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Lewis Eugene Gilbert, II". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "Lisa Ann Coleman". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- Fua, Amber (15 July 2020). "11 Last Meals Consumed By Female Murderers On Death Row". Ranker. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- The Book of Lists #3. Bantam. 1983. pp. 86–87. ISBN 978-0-553-27868-2.
- "Marilyn Kay Plantz executed for role in husband's 1988 murder". News 9 Now and News on 6 Now. 1 May 2001. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- "Georgia killer makes last meal request ahead of execution". ajc.com. 13 June 2019. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- Pittman, Amber (6 June 2010). "Ford denied clemency, will be executed Wednesday". Covnews. Archived from the original on 12 June 2010. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Michael Bruce Ross". Clark County Prosecutor. Retrieved 7 January 2010.
- "Final Meal Requests". Texas Department of Criminal Justice. 12 September 2003. Archived from the original on 2 December 2003. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Ashley Fantz (9 May 2007). "Killer orders pizza for homeless as last meal". CNN. Archived from the original on 15 May 2007. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Last Meals on Death Row (2007)". Dead Man Eating. Archived from the original on 12 August 2007. Retrieved 12 August 2007.
- Ryan, Perry T. (1992). "24. Final Preparations for the Hanging". The Last Public Execution in America. Ryan, Perry T. ISBN 978-0-9625504-5-4. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- Revere, C. T. (23 January 1997). "Greenawalt executed for murders". Tucson Citizen. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- Gray, Jeremy (22 January 2015). "'Crime does not pay': The final words, meals of Alabama's executed inmates". AL.com. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- "Richard Cartwright". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Richard Wade Cooey II #1124". www.clarkprosecutor.org.
- Beam, Christopher. "Can a prisoner request anything for his last meal?". Slate. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- "Capital Punishment – Harris, Robert Alton". California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. Archived from the original on 8 August 2007. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Lance Morrow (4 May 1992). "Television Dances With the Reaper". TIME Magazine. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Jonathan Kellerman, ed. (2008). "Dean of Death Row (by Tad Friend)". The best American crime reporting, 2008. New York: Harper Perennial. p. 143. ISBN 978-0-06-149083-5.
- Zaranec, Erin (26 July 2017). "Who is Ronald Phillips? The man executed Wednesday for raping and killing a 3-year-old girl in 1993". News 5 Cleveland. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- Sanchez, Ray (18 June 2010). "Ronnie Lee Gardner Executed by Firing Squad in Utah". Good Morning America. pp. 1–4. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- Stampler, Laura (21 February 2013). "These Are The Last Meals Of Innocent Men Who Were Executed". Business Insider. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- Dresch, Matthew (2 October 2019). "Final meal of Death Row inmate Russell Bucklew who raped ex and killed her lover". Mirror UK.
- Dresch, Matthew (22 May 2014). "Final meal of Death Row inmate Russell Bucklew who raped ex and killed her lover". Southeast Missourian. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- "Scott Allen Hain". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- Winne, Tony Thomas, Mark. "Georgia man requests large last meal before scheduled execution today". WSBTV.
- Robinson, Ryan (7 February 2001). "Gay prisoner executed in Missouri". ABC News.
- "Excerpts From an Interview With Stanley Tookie Williams". Der Spiegel. 13 December 2005. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- "The last meals of executed criminals". CBS News. Retrieved 9 August 2020.
- "Stephen Wayne Anderson". Clark County Prosecutor. Retrieved 29 September 2010.
- "Death row inmate Stephen Michael West served last meal hours before execution". Retrieved 15 August 2019.
- "Final Meal Requests". Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Archived from the original on 2 December 2003. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Steven Howard Oken". Clark Prosecutor. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- Paula Tully Bryant. "Timeline: 1989 – A History of Corrections in Florida". Florida Department of Corrections. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Glod, Maria (23 September 2010). "Teresa Lewis pronounced dead by Va. authorities". The Washington Post. p. 2. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- Schwartzman, Paul; Finnegan, Michael (20 March 1995). "Grasso Is Put To Death; Poem, Complaint His Final Words". New York Daily News. Retrieved 26 December 2009.
- Catherine Quayle (11 June 2001). "Execution of an American Terrorist". Court TV.
- Rita Cosby (12 June 2001). "Timothy McVeigh Put to Death for Oklahoma City Bombings". FOX News. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Schmidt, William (3 November 1984). "First Woman Is Executed in U.S. Since 1962". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- "Federal govt.'s last execution was in Iowa in 1963". USA Today. 20 June 2001. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Allen, Samantha (25 February 2015). "On Death Row, Women Want Salad for Last Meal". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- "Last Meals on Death Row (2005)". Dead Man Eating. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Egan, Timothy. "For First Time Since '65, A State Uses Its Gallows". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Mark Gribben. "William Bonin: The Freeway Killer". Crime Library. Retrieved 11 August 2007.
- Knafo, Saki (23 November 2011). "Texas Ends Last Meal Tradition For Death Row Inmates". Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Treadwell, Ty and Vernon, Michelle (2011) Last Suppers: Famous Final Meals from Death Row
- Van Dülmen, Richard (1990). Theatre of Horror : Crime and Punishment in Early Modern Germany. Cambridge. ISBN 978-0-7456-0616-3.
- Foucault, Michel (1977). Discipline & Punish : The Birth of the Prison. ISBN 978-0-679-75255-4.
- Von Hentig, Hans (1973). Punishment – Its Origin, Purpose, and Psychology. ISBN 978-0-87585-147-1.
- Osler, Mark (February 2009). "Ch. 7: Last Meal / Last Supper". Jesus on Death Row: The Trial of Jesus and American Capital Punishment. Nashville, Tennessee: Abingdon Press. pp. 63–67. ISBN 978-0-687-64756-9.
- Jones, Michael Owen (2014). "Dining on Death Row: Last Meals and the Crutch of Ritual". The Journal of American Folklore. 127 (503): 3–26. doi:10.5406/jamerfolk.127.503.0003. JSTOR 10.5406/jamerfolk.127.503.0003. S2CID 144164543.
- Greene, Bob (12 June 2001). They didn't get to choose their last meals. Jewish World Review. Retrieved on 2007-08-17.
- Karon, Tony (10 August 2000). Why We're Fascinated by Death Row Cuisine. TIME Magazine. Retrieved on 2007-08-17.
- Stein, Joel (18 October 2007). You Eat What You Are. TIME Magazine. Retrieved on 2007-11-11.
- Famous Last Meals. Portraits of Last Requests. Retrieved on 2010-09-17.
- Final Meal Requests. Texas Department of Criminal Justice (12 September 2003). Archived from the original on 2003-12-02. Retrieved on 2011-03-17.
- Last Meals. rotten dot com. Retrieved on 2007-08-17.
- Last Meals: What Would You Order? Seattle Weekly (18 June 2010). Retrieved on 2010-06-24.
- Last Meals on Death Row (since 2002). Dead Man Eating. Retrieved on 2007-08-17.
- Top 10 Death Row Last Meal Requests from Texas. Zombie Popcorn (9 October 2008) Retrieved on 2010-09-29.