Larestan County (Persian: شهرستان لارستان) is a county in Fars Province in Iran. The capital of the county is Lar. The county has nine cities: Lar, Evaz, Beyram, Banaruiyeh, Fishvar, Juyom, Khur, Latifi & Emad Deh. The county is subdivided into six districts: the Central District, Beyram, Evaz District, Banaruiyeh, Sahray-ye Bagh, and Juyom.
Location in Fars Province
Location of Fars Province in Iran
|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District, Beyram District, Banaruiyeh District, Sahray Bagh District, Juyom District|
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+4:30 (IRDT)|
Under medieval age, Laristan was ruled by the local dynasty of Miladi, until it was removed by a Safavid invasion in 1610. In the thirteenth century, Larestan briefly became a center of trade and commerce in southern Persia. Larestan was nearly always an obscure region, never becoming involved in the politics and conflicts of mainstream Persia.
At the 2006 census, Larestan county's population was 223,235 people.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- Gitashenasi Province Atlas of Iran
اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران Archived 2007-05-22 at the Wayback Machine
- The History of Ancient Iran, Part 3, Volume 7. Richard Nelson Frye. pp. 27–29.
- "Larestani, Lari in Iran".
- "Larestani people of Iran".
The Larestani people are predominantly Sunni Muslims.
- "Larestani People".
- Islamic Desk Reference. E. J. Van Donzel. p. 225.
- Donald P. McCrory (2002). No ordinary man, The life and times of Miguel De Cervantes. London: Peter Owen Publishers. p. 150. ISBN 0-7206-1085-0.}
- Encyclopædia Britannica. 16 (11th ed.). 1911. p. 217. .
- Khodmooni Forum Connecting Khodmoonis All Over the World
|This Larestan County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|