Lara Lea Trump (née Yunaska; born October 12, 1982) is an American television producer, and campaign adviser to the 45th President of the United States (and her father-in-law) Donald Trump. She is married to the president's son Eric Trump, with whom she has two children.
Trump in June 2018
Lara Lea Yunaska
October 12, 1982
|Alma mater||North Carolina State University|
French Culinary Institute, New York
|Known for||Producer of Inside Edition|
Producer/Host of Real News Update
Eric Trump (m. 2014)
Early life and educationEdit
Lara Yunaska was born in Wilmington, North Carolina, on October 12, 1982, tо Robert Luke Yunaska and Linda Ann Sykes. She has a younger brother, Kyle Robert Yunaska. She studied at North Carolina State University and the French Culinary Institute in New York.
Lara had served as a story co-ordinator and producer for the TV news magazine Inside Edition from 2012 to 2016. During the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign of Donald Trump, Lara spearheaded the Trump–Pence Women’s Empowerment Tour and served as the liaison in Trump Tower for Brad Parscale's Giles-Parscale company. After her father-in-law was elected president, she became an online producer and fundraiser for President Trump and appears in front of the camera as a spokesman the Real News Update reports produced by Trump Productions. She is also hired as the senior consultant to Brad Parscale for Trump's re-election in 2020.
In April 2019, she described German chancellor Angela Merkel's decision to accept refugees during the European migrant crisis of 2015 as "the downfall of Germany, it was one of the worst things that ever happened to Germany."
Following a six-year relationship, on November 8, 2014, Lara Trump married Eric Trump in a ceremony at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida. On September 12, 2017, the couple's first child, son Eric "Luke" Trump was born. On August 19, 2019, Lara gave birth to daughter Carolina Dorothy Trump, the couple's second child. She is an avid triathlete.
- Hyde, Marina (August 3, 2017). "Move over Sean Hannity, meet Lara Trump – the president keeps the propaganda in the family". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- "Lara Yunaska Eric Trump's Wife".
- "Eric Trump's brother-in-law has been named chief of staff of an Energy Department office". Newsweek. November 8, 2017. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- Miller, Gregory E. "Who Is Lara Trump? 10 Things to Know About the President's Daughter-in-Law". Town & Country. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- Hallemann, Caroline; Dangremond, Sam (March 14, 2018). "11 Things to Know About Donald Trump's Daughters-in-Law". Town and Country Magazine. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Glueck, Katie (September 10, 2016). "Trump takes aim at Clinton's lead among women". Politico. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Glueck, Katie (June 7, 2017). "The face of Donald Trump's 2020 campaign". The News & Observer. Raleigh, North Carolina. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Horwitz, Jeff (February 27, 2018). "Trump campaign chief lends name to penny stock tied to felon". Associated Press. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- "Trump now has a "real news" program on his Facebook, hosted by his daughter-in-law". Vox. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- Bykowicz, Julie (March 29, 2017). "Lara Trump Hired By Trump Campaign's Digital Vendor". Bloomberg News. Associated Press. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Frazin, Rachel (April 25, 2019). "Lara Trump: Merkel admitting migrants 'one of the worst things that ever happened to Germany'". TheHill. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- Baragona, Justin (April 25, 2019). "Lara Trump: Refugees 'One of the Worst Things to Ever Happen to Germany'". Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- "Eric Trump marries Lara Yunaska in Palm Beach wedding". NY Daily News. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- "Eric and Lara Trump Welcome Son Eric". PEOPLE.com. September 12, 2017. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- Murphy, Helen (August 20, 2019). "Eric and Wife Lara Trump Welcome Second Child, President Donald Trump's 10th Grandchild". People. Retrieved August 20, 2019.