Lara Teixeira (born 26 November 1987) is a Brazilian synchronized swimmer. She competed in the women's duet at the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics and was part of the Brazilian team at the 2016 Summer Olympics. Her partner in 2008 and 2012 was Nayara Figueria. The team of Teixeira and Figueria were known for their innovative choreography and irreverent costumes.
|Full name||Lara Puglia Teixeira|
|Born||26 November 1987|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Height||1.67 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb)|
|Club||Tijuca Tennis Club|
Teixeira took up synchronised swimming at the age of 8, and began to compete for Brazil two years later. She was inspired by Camille Mourão, another Brazilian synchronised swimmer. Her other role model is Gemma Mengual.
In 2007, she won a bronze at the Pan American Games, held in Rio. She also first teamed up with Figueria in this year, so their team only had a year's worth of experience when they competed at the 2008 Summer Olympics. The Brazilian duet pair did not reach the final, finishing in 13th place.
At the 2012 Olympics, the team of Teixeria and Figueria missed the final by only 0.3 points. Their technical routine costumes were in the style of Romero Brito and their music was by Arnaldo Antunes. That year, Teixeria created an academy to help develop the sport of synchronised swimming in Brazil. The team also won gold at the South American Synchronised Swimming Championships.
She was appointed as an ambassador for the Youth Olympics for the 2014 Youth Olympics in Nanjing. At the time, she was not part of the Brazilian Olympic team, and she said the experience inspired her to fight harder and win a place in the team.
She has the Olympic rings tattooed on her shoulder.
She is now the head coach of the New Zealand National Synchronised Swimming Team.
- Dias, Katryn (19 February 2013). "Lara Teixeira e Nayara Figueira (Nado Sincronizado)". Esporte Essencial. Brazil. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Lara Teixeira Olympic Results". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- "Lara Teixeira ready to wow home crowds in the pool - Olympic News". International Olympic Committee. 2017-01-25. Retrieved 2017-06-04.
- Dias, Katryn (19 February 2013). "Lara Teixeira e Nayara Figueira (Nado Sincronizado) - Esporte Essencial". Lara Teixeira e Nayara Figueira (Nado Sincronizado) - Esporte Essencial. Retrieved 2017-06-04.
- "13th FINA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 17 JULY - 2 AUGUST 2009" (PDF). www.omegatiming.com. 24 July 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 August 2009. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- "Young ambassador Lara Teixeira: "This is what I've always dreamed of"". International Olympic Committee. 2016-07-21. Retrieved 2017-06-04.
|This biographical article related to a Brazilian swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|