The Lanyu Airport (Chinese: 蘭嶼機場; pinyin: Lányǔ Jīchǎng; Tao: Seyseykedan No Sikoki No Irala (IATA: KYD, ICAO: RCLY)) is an airport on Orchid Island, Taitung County, Taiwan. The airport does not support night time flying except for emergency medical services flights.
Seyseykedan No Sikoki No Irala
|Operator||Civil Aeronautics Administration|
Ministry of National Defense
|Location||Orchid Island, Taitung County, Taiwan|
|Elevation AMSL||13.4 m / 44 ft|
The airport was initially controlled by the military, but is now under control of the Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA) since 1977. Expansion was made to the airport in which it was completed in 1982. Since 1990, the CAA has initiated a series of development projects for further expansion and improvement of the airport.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
Incidents and accidentsEdit
- On 13 April 2017, Flight 55571, a DHC-6 of Daily Air, experienced a runway excursion and crashed into a guard rail. All of the passengers and flight crews were safe.
- On 7 June 2017, a DHC-6-400 of Daily Air experienced malfunction nose landing gear. All of the passengers and flight crews were safe.
- "Taitung Airport-About-Lanyu Airport". 2007-12-31.
- Shan, Shelley (14 April 2017). "Daily Air flight overruns runway on Orchid Island". Taipei Times. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Lu, Tyson; Kao, Evelyn (7 June 2017). "Daily Air plane grounded in Lanyu due to nose landing gear problem". Focus Taiwan. Retrieved 8 June 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lanyu Airport.|
- About Lanyu Airport
- AIP Aeronautical Information Publication TAIPEI FIR eAIP CONSULT NOTAM for LATEST INFORMATION R.O.C. TAIWAN CAA[permanent dead link]
|This article about an airport in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|