Lansingerland is a municipality in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. It was formed on 1 January 2007, by the merger of the municipalities of Berkel en Rodenrijs, Bleiswijk and Bergschenhoek, collectively known as the "B-Triangle". The former municipality of Tempel, abolished in 1855, is also part of Lansingerland.
|Established||1 January 2007|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Pieter van de Stadt (VVD)|
|• Total||56.39 km2 (21.77 sq mi)|
|• Land||53.42 km2 (20.63 sq mi)|
|• Water||2.97 km2 (1.15 sq mi)|
|Elevation||−5 m (−16 ft)|
|• Density||1,186/km2 (3,070/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The name was chosen from a competition and derived from the name Lansingh, the height-of-land between the Delfland and Schieland Water Boards, which runs between the "3B-Triangle" villages. The choice of name is symbolic: the name of the border that formerly divided the area, now unites it. The "h" in Lansingh was dropped to ease spelling.
Lansingerland consists of the following communities:
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Lansingerland, June 2015
On 18 September 2007 Ewald van Vliet was installed as the first mayor of Lansingerland.
|2015||Pieter van de Stadt|
|2007||Ewald van Vliet|
The municipal council of Lansingerland consisted of 31 seats now 33. The council was renewed in 2022 and sits for four-year cycles in accordance with Dutch municipal election laws.
|Party for Protection of Huis der Haas||1||-||-||-|
- Maria van Utrecht (ca.1551 in Rodenrijs - 1629) a notable figure in the Dutch Revolt
- Piet Rietveld (1952 in Berkel en Rodenrijs – 2013) a Dutch economist and Professor in Transport Economics
- Wilco Zeelenberg (born 1966 in Bleiswijk) a Dutch former professional Grand Prix motorcycle road racer
- Joost Luiten (born 1986 in Bleiswijk) a Dutch professional golfer who plays on the European Tour
- "Gemeentelijke indeling op 1 januari 2007" [Municipal divisions on 1 January 2007]. cbs.nl (in Dutch). CBS. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Samenstelling B&W" [Mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Lansingerland. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 2662SB". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2021. Retrieved 2 January 2022.
- "Publicised definite results". 10 May 2022.
- "Definitieve uitslag gemeenteraadsverkiezing 2022 in Lansingerland". Gemeente Lansingerland (in Dutch). Retrieved 2022-03-23.