Lancashire Tea is an English brand of tea based in Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside. The Lancashire Tea Company was formed by Paul Needham and business partner Lynn Hitchen in 2006 to give Lancashire its own brand and as a rival to Yorkshire Tea.
|Owner||Lancashire Tea Company|
In 2009, the company relaunched the brand, having produced four new designs for the packaging, which were voted on by members of their Facebook group to decide which one would be their new look. The packaging of the tea features a map of the historic county of Lancashire .
In February 2015, product sales increased following a tweet by JK Rowling admitting to fans Lancashire Tea was her favourite brand. The Harry Potter author who lives in Edinburgh stated she buys it in England and takes it back to Scotland with her.
- "Lancashire tea snapped up by Tesco". www.responsesource.com. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Local brew for local people". Where I live: Lancashire (BBC website). Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- Alex Turner (24 January 2008). "£1m target as Lancashire Tea strikes key store deal". Archived from the original on June 30, 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- https://archive.is/20120804083104/http://www.how-do.co.uk/north-west-media-news/north-west-marketing-services/facebook-vote-will-decide-lancashire-tea%92s-look-200811274123/. Archived from the original on 2012-08-04. Retrieved 2009-01-12. Missing or empty
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-08. Retrieved 2009-01-12.