Lambeth Hospital is a mental health facility in South London. It is operated by the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and is affiliated with King's College London's Institute of Psychiatry. It is also part of the King's Health Partners academic health science centre and the NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Mental Health.
|South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust|
Entrance to the hospital
|Location||Stockwell, London, England|
|Care system||National Health Service|
|Affiliated university||King's College London|
|Emergency department||Trust mental health staff in local Emergency Departments|
There were originally two hospitals on the site: the Stockwell Smallpox Hospital, which opened in 1871, and the Stockwell Fever Hospital, which opened shortly thereafter; these two hospitals combined in 1884 to form the South Western Fever Hospital. It joined the National Health Service in 1948 as the South Western Hospital. It closed in the early 1990s and, following demolition in 1996, was replaced by a new mental health facility known as Lambeth Hospital. In 2014 the Triage ward of the new hospital was featured in an episode of the Channel 4 documentary series Bedlam.
Lambeth Hospital is situated in Stockwell, within walking distance of Clapham High Street railway station and Clapham North tube station. The hospital site includes the following buildings:
- Bridge House: Spring Ward (Female Forensic, Medium Secure Service)
- Oak House: Luther King Ward (Male Acute), Nelson Ward (Female Acute), Rosa Parks Ward (Mixed Acute) and Eden Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (Male PICU)
- Reay House: Early Intervention Unit and Tony Hillis Unit
- Mckenzie House (Ward in the Community)
- Orchard House (Outpatient Services)
- Landor House
- "South Western Hospital". Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Welcome to Bedlam on C4". South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Lambeth Hospital". South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Lambeth Hospital site map" (PDF). South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Lambeth Hospital". Lambeth and Southwick Mind. Retrieved 22 June 2018.