Edward Lamar Johnstone (March 15, 1884 – May 21, 1919) was an American silent film actor and director.
Edward Lamar Johnstone
|Born||March 15, 1884|
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
|Died||May 19, 1919 (aged 35)|
Palm Springs, California, United States
Johnstone directed three films; one in 1913 called Truth in the Wilderness, starring Charlotte Burton, The Turning Point (1914), and The Unforgiven (1915). In the 1916 serial Secret of the Submarine, Johnstone got to fly Juanita Hansen in a Curtiss Model D pusher biplane.
He died on May 21, 1919 in Palm Springs, California.
- Robin Hood (1912)
- The Lady Killer (1913)
- Sapho (*uncredited) (1913)
- Through a Telescope (1913)
- The Secret of the Submarine (1915)
- The Tongues of Men (1916)
- Ben Blair (1916)
- That Devil, Bateese (1918)
- The Girl of My Dreams (1918)
- The Sheriff's Son (1919)
- Diane of the Green Van (1919)
- Wolves of the Night (1919)
- The Lone Star Ranger (1919)
- Pictorial History of the Silent Screen by Daniel Blum c. 1953 page 121