Lake Cook Road station
Lake Cook Road station (also known as Lake Cook station) is a Metra station along the Milwaukee District/North Line, situated on the border between Northbrook and Deerfield, Illinois. It is located at 601 Lake Cook Road (hence the name), is 22.9 miles (36.9 km) away from Union Station, the southern terminus of the line, and serves commuters between Union Station and Fox Lake, Illinois. In Metra's zone-based fare system, Lake Cook is in zone E. The station exists along a railroad line that originally served the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad. It is the last stop outbound on the line inside Cook County. The station opened in January 1996 as an infill station.
|Location||601 Lake Cook Road|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
Unlike the historic Deerfield station, Lake Cook Road is somewhat more modern-looking. Despite classic features, it contains far more contemporary paint trim and a "Metra" sign over the front doorway, rather than anything from the old Milwaukee Road. Parking is available along the west side of the tracks through a frontage road along Lake Cook Road leading to the intersection of Deerlake Road. This is due to the railroad bridge over Lake Cook Road. The parking lot also contains a section strictly for Pace buses. The station is across the tracks from some shopping centers at the corner of Lake Cook Road and Waukegan Road and is in close proximity to Interstate 94 west of the IL 43 partial interchange.
- 626 Skokie Valley Limited
- 627 Discover-Takeda Shuttle Bug
- 631 Lake Cook Shuttle Bug 1
- 632 Lake Cook Shuttle Bug 2
- 633 Lake Cook Shuttle Bug 3
- 634 Lake Cook Shuttle Bug 4
- 635 Lake Cook Shuttle Bug 5
- Metra Railfan Tips - Milwaukee District/North Line
- "Transportation Management Association of Lake Cook". Transportation Management Association of Lake–Cook Counties. October 22, 2019. p. 12. Archived from the original on April 1, 2020. Retrieved April 1, 2020.
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|