Lafangey Parindey (transl. Cheeky birds) is a 2010 Hindi romantic drama directed by Pradeep Sarkar, produced by Aditya Chopra and starring Neil Nitin Mukesh and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles. The film was released on 20 August 2010 under the Yash Raj Films banner. The story of the film is partially inspired from the 1978 American film, Ice Castles and the 1999 Tamil film, Thulladha Manamum Thullum.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Pradeep Sarkar|
|Produced by||Aditya Chopra|
|Screenplay by||Gopi Puthran|
|Story by||Gopi Puthran|
|Starring||Neil Nitin Mukesh|
|Music by||R. Anandh|
|Edited by||Sanjib Datta|
|Distributed by||Yash Raj Films|
|Box office||₹227 million (US$3.2 million)|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (January 2021)
Pinky Palkar is an aspiring skater who dreams of making it big through a television show. She is the archetypical Mumbai chawl girl who dreams big, despite her lowly surroundings. Her dreams goes away when One-Shot-Nandu, a fighter who pummels his opponents in the ring blindfolded, knocks her down in a freak car accident, making her blind. Despite her handicap, Pinky is determined to participate in the show. Full of remorse, Nandu trains her to "see" through her blindness, using her other senses. In return, she teaches him to skate and Nandu becomes her partner in the competition. They gradually fall in love.
- Deepika Padukone as Pinky Palkar
- Neil Nitin Mukesh as Nandan Kamthekar a.k.a. One-Shot Nandu
- Kay Kay Menon as Anna (Special Appearance)
- Piyush Mishra as Usmaan Bhai
- Manish Choudhary as Inspector Keki Sethna
- Namit Das as Faizal Lateef Sheikh a.k.a. Chaddi
- Amey Pandya as Bablu Mane
- Rahul Pendkalkar as Pinky's younger brother
- Juhi Chawla in a Special Appearance
- Jaaved Jaaferi in a Special Appearance
- Shiamak Davar in a Special Appearance
- Pankaj Jha as the Eunuch
- S. M. Zaheer as a Commissioner
- Viraj Adhav as Diesel a.k.a. Rameshwar Iyer
- Vinay Sharma as Gulkand
- Palomi as Tina Mukherjee
- Atisha Naik
Sukanya Verma of Rediff rated it 2.5/5 and said, "Ultimately Lafangey Parindey, like its attention-grabbing title, is unapologetically superficial with a brief attention span". Rajeev Masand of IBN rated it 2/5 "It's the kind of film that keeps you waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever does. You find yourself exhausted by the time the lights come back on". Mayank Shekhar of Hindustan Times rated it 1.5/5 "Scatter-brained, mish-mash of a movie". Noyon Jyoti Parasara of AOL rated the film 3 out of 5 saying, "Expect fun and you won't be disappointed, expect goosebumps and you may be!". Subhash K. Jha from IANS rated the film 3.5 out of 5 saying, "Movie is an inspirational tale told with as little fuss and as much feeling as cinematically possible. Not to be missed.".
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||20 July 2010|
|Producer||Aditya Chopra and Yash Chopra|
The album has six original tunes composed by R. Anandh, a famous ad jingle composer formerly part of the band Agosh who also did music for Sangeeth Sivan's films Zor and Nirnayam (Malayalam). Lyrics are by Swanand Kirkire.
|1.||"Lafangey Parindey"||Ronit Sarkar||4:55|
|2.||"Mann Lafanga"||Mohit Chauhan||5:37|
|3.||"Dhatad Tatad"||Shail Hada, Anushka Manchanda||3:44|
|4.||"Nain Parindey"||Shilpa Rao||4:26|
|5.||"Rang Daalein"||Suraj Jagan||5:07|
|6.||"Born To Fly"||Instrumental||3:06|
|7.||"Mann Lafanga" (Club Mix)||Joshilay||3:45|
|3rd Mirchi Music Awards||Best Song Recording||Anil Kumar Konakandla and Biswadeep Chatterjee - "Man Lafanga"||Nominated|||
- "All India 2010 (Figures in INR Crore)". Boxofficeindia.com. Archived from the original on 9 December 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- Lafangey Parindey In Theatres On 20th August 2010
- "Meet LAFANGEY PARINDEY Deepika & Neil this August - bollywood news : glamsham.com". www.glamsham.com.
- "Lafangey Parindey Revealed". Archived from the original on 28 June 2010. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- "Lafangey Parindey to release on August 20" Archived 26 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Hindustan Times.
- Is Lafenge Parindey lifted from Vijay film?. Sify. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- Kazmi, Nikhat (20 August 2010). "Lafangey Parindey". The Times of India.
- ‘Lafangey Parindey’ – edgy love story of street fighter, blind girl : WorldSnap Archived 20 August 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "I'm covered with welters, wounds & bruises on Lafangey Parindey sets" - Neil. Bollywood Hungama
- Verma, Sukhanya. "Lafangey Parindey Review". Rediff. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- Masand, Rajeev. "Lafangey Parindey Review". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- Shekhar, Mayank. "Lafangey Parindey Review". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "AOL Moview review 'Lafangey Parindey'".
- "'Lafangey Parindey'- a poignant love story (Movie Review)". WorldSnap. Archived from the original on 20 July 2012. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- "Lafangey Parindey - Music Review-Neil Nitin Mukesh-Deepika Padukone-R Anandh - Music Aloud". www.musicaloud.com.
- Review of Lafangey Parindey Music Archived 27 July 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Nominees - Mirchi Music Award Hindi 2010". 30 January 2011. Archived from the original on 30 January 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lafangey Parindey.|