Lady Gabriella Kingston
Lady Gabriella Marina Alexandra Ophelia Kingston (née Windsor; born 23 April 1981) is an English freelance writer and a relative of the British royal family. She is the daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. She is 52nd in line to the succession of the British throne.
Lady Gabriella Kingston
Lady Gabriella Marina Alexandra Ophelia Windsor
23 April 1981
|Other names||Ella Windsor|
|Occupation||Freelance writer, arts and travel director|
Thomas Kingston (m. 2019)
|Relatives||House of Windsor|
Early life and educationEdit
Lady Gabriella was born at St Mary's Hospital, London. She has an elder brother, Frederick, born on 6 April 1979. She was educated at Queen's Gate School in London and Downe House School in Cold Ash, Berkshire. In May 2004, Gabriella graduated from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, with a BA degree in Comparative Literature. In 2012, she earned an MPhil degree in Social Anthropology from Linacre College, Oxford.
She is a Board Director of the Playing for Change Foundation, a global music and arts education nonprofit, and for Toucan Ventures, which supports the growth of creative entrepreneurs. Additionally, she has done projects in Latin America, including teaching English in Rio de Janeiro and working on music events in Buenos Aires.
For three years in the early 2000s she dated journalist Aatish Taseer. The two met when she was an undergraduate at Brown University and he a graduate of Amherst College working for Time magazine. In 2018, he wrote a controversial article about his relationship with Lady Gabriella and the royal family for Vanity Fair.
Lady Gabriella's engagement to Bristol University graduate and financier Thomas Henry Robin Kingston (b. 22 June 1978) was announced by Buckingham Palace in September 2018. Thomas's father is Martin Kingston, QC and his mother, Jill Mary Kingston née Bache, is the granddaughter of Sir William Joseph Pearman-Smith of Park Hall. Thomas and Lady Gabriella became engaged on the Isle of Sark in August 2018. The wedding took place at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, on 18 May 2019. She wore a tiara that was worn by both her mother and paternal grandmother on their wedding days.
- Teeman, Tim (22 March 2007). "The face: A royal reporter". The Times. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page cxli.
- Hechinger, Paul. "10 Lesser-Known Members of the British Royal Family". BBC America. Retrieved 16 May 2018.
- Furness, Hannah (19 September 2018). "Royal wedding number 3 as Lady Gabriella Windsor announces engagement". The Telegraph. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Friedman, Megan (19 September 2018). "Lady Gabriella Windsor, the Latest Royal to Get Engaged, Has a Pretty Controversial Family". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Taseer, Aatish (May 2018). "Race and the Royals: An Outsider's View Inside Kensington Palace". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Who Was Who: 1897-2000. St Martin's Press 2002. 2002. p. 761. ISBN 9780713661255. Retrieved 2 June 2019.
Sir William Joseph P.; see Pearman-Smith of Park Hall....(dau) Jesse Bache née Pearman-Smith (d.1989)...(dau) Jill Mary Bache (b.1950)....
- "Martin Kingston Esq QC". The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
Full Title: Martin Kingston Esq QC
- Seward, Ingrid (November 2018). "Editor-in-Chief's Letter". Majesty. Vol. 39 no. 11. Archived from the original on 7 November 2018. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
Forty-year-old Tom, whose father is a Queen's Counsel...
- Perry, Simon (19 September 2018). "There Will Be Another Royal Wedding Next Spring – Lady Gabriella Windsor Is Getting Married!". People. Retrieved 25 September 2018.
- Friedman, Megan (21 December 2018). "Lady Gabriella Windsor, the Latest Royal to Get Engaged, Has a Pretty Controversial Family". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- Petit, Stephanie; Perry, Simon (18 May 2019). "It's Royal Wedding Day! Lady Gabriella Windsor and Thomas Kingston Marry at St. George's Chapel". People. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
|Lines of succession|
| Line of succession to the British throne
granddaughter of George, son of George V
Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy