Lady & Gentlemen
Lady & Gentlemen is the tenth studio album by American country music recording artist LeAnn Rimes. The album is Rimes' second cover album (the first being her self-titled album). The only new songs on the album are the two bonus tracks, "Crazy Women" and "Give". It was released on September 27, 2011 by Curb Records. Rimes co-produced the album with country singer, Vince Gill, and Darrell Brown, with whom she collaborated on her 2007 album Family. A vinyl record of the album was released on the same day.
|Lady & Gentlemen|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 27, 2011|
|Producer||Vince Gill, Darrell Brown, LeAnn Rimes|
|LeAnn Rimes chronology|
|Singles from Lady and Gentlemen|
Lady & Gentlemen consists of Rimes covering songs by male country artists, including Vince Gill, who helped produce the album, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, and Waylon Jennings. Rimes also "revisited" her 1996 debut single, "Blue" on the album, which she picked up the tempo on. The album was released on September 27, 2011 by Curb Records. A vinyl record of the album was released on the same day. Rimes co-produced the album with country singer, Vince Gill, and Darrell Brown, of whom she collaborated with on her 2007 album Family.
Three singles were released from the album. The first single released for the album was a cover of John Anderson's 1983 single, "Swingin'" on June 8, 2010. The second single, "Crazy Women", was released on December 10, 2010. A third single, "Give", was released on June 14, 2011.
|Los Angeles Times|||
|The New York Times||(favorable)|
Lady & Gentlemen received mostly positive reviews from most music critics. So far it has been given a score of 75 out of 100 from Metacritic. Allmusic editor Stephen Thomas Erlewine gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars and called it "a collection of masculine country classics reinterpreted by a female singer." Mikael Wood of Entertainment Weekly stated that the album "rarely sheds new light on the top-shelf material." Jonathan Keefe of Slant Magazine compared the album to Tanya Tucker's 2009 album, My Turn and stated that album finds Rimes "taking real risks and making better music than many of her contemporaries." Randy Lewis of the Los Angeles Times claimed that Rimes "has been contending lately with flak from image-conscious types over paparazzi photos of her slimmed-down physique, but her leaner, meaner approach to a batch of classic country songs for her latest collection is mostly good news." Ben Ratliff of The New York Times stated that Rimes "can finally ease up on her default vocal style, brassy and belting, which is of course its own gender role."
|1.||"Swingin'"||John Anderson, Lionel Delmore||3:02|
|2.||"Wasted Days and Wasted Nights"||Wayne Duncan, Freddy Fender, Huey P. Meaux||4:06|
|3.||"The Only Mama That'll Walk the Line"||Jimmy Bryant||2:39|
|4.||"I Can't Be Myself"||Merle Haggard||3:12|
|5.||"Sixteen Tons"||Merle Travis||2:42|
|6.||"Help Me Make It Through the Night"||Kris Kristofferson||3:01|
|7.||"Rose Colored Glasses"||John Conlee, George Baber||3:06|
|8.||"A Good Hearted Woman"||Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson||3:40|
|9.||"When I Call Your Name"||Vince Gill, Tim DuBois||3:41|
|10.||"He Stopped Loving Her Today"||Bobby Braddock, Curly Putman||3:51|
|11.||"Blue" (with The Time Jumpers)||Bill Mack||2:34|
|12.||"The Bottle Let Me Down"||Merle Haggard||3:49|
|13.||"Crazy Women"||Brandy Clark, Jessie Jo Dillon, Shane McAnally||3:25|
|14.||"Give"||Connie Harrington, Sonya Isaacs, Jimmy Yeary||4:31|
Credits for Lady & Gentlemen adapted from liner notes.
- * The Time Jumpers appear courtesy of The Crosswind Music Group
- **Vince Gill appears courtesy of MCA Nashville.
- Randy Lewis (2011-09-26). "Album review: LeAnn Rimes' 'Lady & Gentlemen' - latimes.com". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Lady & Gentlemen: LeAnn Rimes: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Lady & Gentlemen: Leann Rimes: Music". Amazon.com. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Lady & Gentlemen (CD). LeAnn Rimes. Curb Records. 2011. D2-79203.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Family - LeAnn Rimes". AllMusic. 2007-10-09. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Swingin': LeAnn Rimes: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Crazy Women (Single): LeAnn Rimes: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-06-05.
- "Give (Single): LeAnn Rimes: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- "Lady & Gentlmen Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- Thomas, Stephen (2011-09-27). "Lady & Gentlemen - LeAnn Rimes". AllMusic. Archived from the original on 2010-09-23. Retrieved 2011-10-01. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Mikael Wood (2011-09-30). "Lady & Gentlemen Review". EW.com. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- Jon Caramanica; Ben Ratliff; Nate Chinen (2011-09-26). "Albums by Mindless Behavior and LeAnn Rimes". NYtimes.com. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- Jonathan Keefe (2011-09-26). "LeAnn Rimes: Lady & Gentlemen | Music Review". Slant Magazine. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Pandora Archive" (PDF). Pandora.nla.gov.au. 2006-08-23. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Chart Stats – Leann Rimes – Lady & Gentlemen". UK Albums Chart. Chart Stats. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "Official UK Country Charts Top 20 from the Official UK Charts Company". Theofficialcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "Lady & Gentlemen - LeAnn Rimes". billboard.com. Allmusic.com. Retrieved 6 November 2011.
- "LeAnn Rimes Album & Song Chart History". Billboard Country Songs for LeAnn Rimes. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 2011-11-20. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
|work=(help); Italic or bold markup not allowed in: