La hija de Moctezuma
La hija de Moctezuma ("Moctezuma's Daughter") is a 2014 Mexican comedy film directed by Iván Lipkies. It stars María Elena Velasco (as La India María), Eduardo Manzano, Rafael Inclán, Raquel Garza, and Ernesto Pape. This was Maria Elena Velasco's last film played as "La India Maria" before her death.
|La hija de Moctezuma|
|Directed by||Iván Lipkies|
|Produced by||Ivette Lipkies|
|Distributed by||Star Castle Distribution|
|Box office||$3.8 million|
At the request of her great-grandfather, Moctezuma Xocoyotzin, La India María must find Tezcatlipoca's magical black mirror in order to prevent the destruction of Mexico. A Spanish archaeologist (Alonso), a tricky treasure hunter (Bianchi), and a greedy governor (Brígida Troncoso) all find out about the existence of the black mirror and embark on a frenetic chase to obtain it.
La hija de Moctezuma received good reviews from critics. Lucero Calderón of Excélsior wrote: "I can only say that if [Mexican] viewers sometimes see scary movies made in Hollywood, why can't they give an opportunity to a well-made film that appeals to the nostalgia of popular cinema and that was done through the efforts and sacrifice of many people."
- ""La hija de Moctezuma" en lugar 11 en taquilla nacional". RadioFórmula. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Inclan aprendio nahuatl para interpretar a Moctezuma". El Universal. 20 December 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- Mora Alcántara, Angélica (10 October 2014). "Irma Dorantes dejó de trabajar por el cáncer que padece". TVNotas. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- Magaña, Arturo (12 October 2014). "La India María: "Si el público se ríe, esa es la mejor satisfacción para mí"". Cine Premiere. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- Calderón, Lucero (10 October 2014). "La Critica - La hija de Moctezuma". Excélsior. Retrieved 23 October 2014.