La Vendedora de fantasías (The Fantasy Saleswoman) is a 1950 Argentine crime comedy film directed by Daniel Tinayre. It stars Mirtha Legrand and Alberto Closas.
|La Vendedora de fantasías|
|Directed by||Daniel Tinayre, Orlando Zumpano|
|Written by||Alejandro Verbitsky and Emilio Villalba Welsh|
|Produced by||Edgardo Togni|
|Starring||Mirtha Legrand and Alberto Closas|
|Edited by||Jorge Gárate|
|Music by||Víctor Slister|
Marta (Legrand), a department store clerk, aids her police detective fiancé (Closas) in hunting down a gang of jewel thieves. She awakens to later realise that it was all a dream.
- Mirtha Legrand as Martha
- Alberto Closas as Roberto / Aníbal Ferro, "Pulguita"
- Alberto Bello as Jaime
- Homero Cárpena as Lavanca / policeman
- Nathán Pinzón as El Cabezón
- Beba Bidart as Olga Bernard
- Francisco Charmiello as Pancho
- Diana de Córdoba as Woman in hotel
- Pilar Gómez as Catalina / mother of Alberto
- Haydée Larroca as Cholita
- Miguel Ligero as Garófalo
- Alberto Quiles as Mucamo
- Ramón J. Garay as concierge
- Alberto Barcel as chief of police
- Luis García Bosch as Borracho
- Manuel Alcón as jewelry buyer
- Carlos Belluci as Sereno
- Fernando Campos
- Carmen Llambí as telephonist
- Jesús Pampín as director of orchestra
The critic King thought it was "good cinema and another opportunity to laugh" and Noticias Gráficas considered it a "funny, agile and very well filmed police farce". Film writers Raúl Manrupe and María Alejandra Portela write: "Successful at the time, today it can be seen as an exercise of formal and conceptual arbitrariness. Valued in part by the critics, it retains some effective moments."
- ^ Thompson, Currie Kerr (28 May 2014). Picturing Argentina : myths, movies, and the Peronist vision. Amherst, New York: Cambria Press. p. 5. ISBN 9781604978797.
- ^ Manrupe, Raúl; Portela, María Alejandra (2001). Un diccionario de films argentinos (1930-1995) (in Spanish). Buenos Aires: Ediciones Corregidor. p. 605. ISBN 950-05-0896-6.