La Cienega/Jefferson station
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
La Cienega/Jefferson is an elevated light rail station in the Los Angeles County Metro Rail system. It is located at the intersection of La Cienega Boulevard and Jefferson Boulevard in Los Angeles. This station is served by the E Line.
The La Cienega/Jefferson station in November 2015.
|Location||5664 W Jefferson Blvd|
Los Angeles CA 90016
|Platforms||1 center platform|
|Connections||Metro Local: 35, 37, 38, 105, 217|
Metro Rapid: 705, 780
Culver CityBus: 4
|Bicycle facilities||12 bike rack spaces|
8 bike lockers
|Opened||October 17, 1875|
|Rebuilt||April 28, 2012|
|Previous names||Sentous; Cassirani Ranch|
Metro Rail serviceEdit
E Line service hours are approximately from 5 AM to 12:30 AM Sunday through Thursday and approximately from 5 AM to 2:30 AM on Friday and Saturday.
Location, Design and Public ArtEdit
|Platform||Westbound||← E Line toward Downtown Santa Monica (Culver City)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ E Line toward 7th Street/Metro Center (Expo/La Brea) →|
This station is within walking distance to the following attraction:
According to Public Art in Public Places, the station's public art was created by Daniel Gonzales and titled Engraved in Memory and consists of pole-mounted glazed ceramic bas relief panels depicting the history of the Ballona Creek and Culver City areas.
Originally a stop on the 1875 Los Angeles and Independence Railroad, 1906 Los Angeles Pacific Railroad and 1911 Pacific Electric railroads, it closed on September 30, 1953 with closure of the Santa Monica Air Line and remained out of service until re-opening on Saturday, April 28, 2012. It was completely rebuilt into an elevated station for the opening of the Expo Line from little more than a station stop marker. Regular scheduled service resumed Monday, April 30, 2012.
- ".:: EXPO TRAIN ::". 25 October 2011. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Metro Expo Line Map" (PDF). Media.metro.net. Retrieved 2016-07-17.
- "eric owen moss architects: glass tower". designboom. Archived from the original on April 27, 2009.
- Jennings, Angel (July 9, 2016). "South L.A. slated to get its first high-rise tower. But residents are divided, fear gentrification". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- ""Engraved in Memory" (2012) by Daniel Gonzalez". Public Art in Public Places. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- "Expo Art Program". La Cienega Station. Archived from the original on October 4, 2013.
Media related to La Cienega / Jefferson (Los Angeles Metro station) at Wikimedia Commons