LaVon Brazill (born March 15, 1989) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted in the sixth round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts, and released after his second suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
|Born:||March 15, 1989|
Lake Worth, Florida
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||191 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Lake Worth|
(Lake Worth, Florida)
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 6 / Pick: 206|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
He was selected in the sixth round with the 206th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts. He caught his first career reception in a Week 1 loss to the Chicago Bears, on a 10-yard pass from fellow rookie Andrew Luck. Brazill caught his first touchdown, a 42-yarder against the Detroit Lions in a 35–33 win on December 2, 2012. On June 24, 2013, he was suspended for the first 4 games of the 2013 season for violating the substance policy.
Brazill had his first multi-touchdown game against the Cincinnati Bengals on December 8, 2013. He recorded three catches for 53 yards and 2 touchdowns. He had his first playoff multi-touchdown game in the AFC Divisional Game on January 11, 2014, against the New England Patriots. On July 3, 2014, Brazill was suspended indefinitely for his second violation of the substance policy. The Colts cut Brazill on July 11, 2014.
Brazill signed to the practice squad with the Toronto Argonauts on August 27, 2014. He was promoted to the active roster on August 31, 2014. He was waived on November 4, 2014.
~includes bowl game
- "Lavon Brazill College Stats". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- "Frank Solich Coaching Record". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- "Indianapolis Colts 2012 Draft Grades". footballfanspot.com. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Wesseling, Chris (July 3, 2014). "Colts' LaVon Brazill suspended for at least one year". NFL.com. Retrieved July 3, 2014.
- Breech, John (July 11, 2014). "Colts cut suspended WR LaVon Brazill". cbssports.com. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- "Argos Add WR LaVon Brazill to Practice Roster". argonauts.ca. August 27, 2014. Retrieved August 27, 2014.