L.B.S. College of Engineering
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
L.B.S. College of Engineering (LBSCE), or in its full name Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Engineering, is a technical institution situated at Povval village near Cherkkala Junction in Kasaragod, Kerala, India.
|Motto||"Innovate and Leap Ahead"|
|Type||Public engineering college|
|Director||Prof. (Dr.) M. Abdul Rahiman|
|Campus||52 acres (0.21 km2)|
|Affiliations||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University|
L.B.S. College of Engineering, Kasaragod was established in 1993 as a self-financing engineering college under the propitious of L.B.S. Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, a government of Kerala undertaking. The chairman of the Governing body is Hon’ble Chief Minister of Kerala and Vice-Chairman is Hon’ble Minister for Education, Govt. of Kerala. The institution is affiliated to Kerala Technological University (KTU) and is approved by AICTE, New Delhi. The college is accredited by National Board of Accreditation.
The campus is located at Muliyar (Kasaragod dist), about 12 km from Kasaragod railway station, Kerala and 75 km from Mangalore airport, Karnataka. The campus covers 52-acre (210,000 m2) of land.
The admission for both the merit quota and management quota is purely based on the rank secured in the All Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Govt. of Kerala. The difference between the merit quota and management quota is in the amount of fees that have to be paid by the candidates. 15% of the seats are reserved for NRIs; the admission is based on the merit in the qualifying examination.(INR 35,000/- for merit quota & 65,000/- for management quota per annum [as of 01/08/2018])
Kerala MCA Entrance Examination, conducted by the Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams, is run by the Government of Kerala.
- Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU)
- Startup Bootcamp
- Campus wide Wireless Network Connectivity
- FAB Lab (3D printer, laser cutter, circuit board milling etc.)
- Central Computation Facility
- An extension counter of Central Bank of India
- Check Dam
- Central & Digital library
- Bus survive
- Co operative society
- Skill delivery platform
- ATM facility
- Jude Anthany Joseph, script writer and film director
- Deepak Ravindran, co-founder and CEO of Innoz Technologies
- P. V. Shajikumar, Malayalam Author, Film Screenplay Writer
- Dr M Abdul Rahiman, Director of LBS Centre for Science & Technology. He was the Founder Pro Vice Chancellor of Kerala Technological University (KTU) and Director of AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India
- "Official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Exams, Kerala". CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Official Website for MCA Admission,Kerala". Archived from the original on 25 October 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Manu, Meera (22 May 2017). "Jude Anthany Joseph in Velipadinte Pusthakam". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 11 December 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Sathyendran, Nita (23 November 2011). "Message in the story". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 December 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LBS Engineering College, Kasaragod.|