Løkken-Vrå was a municipality (Danish, kommune) in the North Jutland County, Denmark until January 1, 2007. It was located on the northwest coast of the island of Vendsyssel-Thy on the northern Jutland peninsula.
|County||North Jutland County|
|Municipality reform of 2007||January 1, 2007|
|• Total||181 km2 (70 sq mi)|
Løkken-Vrå municipality ceased to exist following the The Municipality Reform of 2007 (Danish: kommunalreformen). It was merged with existing Hjørring, Hirtshals, and Sindal municipalities to form an enlarged Hjørring municipality with a total area of 929 km2 (359 sq mi) and a total population of ca. 67,816. The new municipality belongs to Region Nordjylland ("North Jutland Region").
- Valdemar Langthjem, 1970–1975
- Jens Baggesen, 1975–1986
- Søren Jensen, 1986–1987
- Birte Andersen, 1986–1994
- Knud Rødbro, 1994–2007
- Katja Schumann (born 1949) a retired circus performer; in 2015 she purchased a dilapidated former pig farm in Løkken-Vrå, renovated the property into a working animal farm, seasonal circus, and museum.
- Lone Træholt (born 1958 in Løkken) the first woman in the Danish armed forces to obtain the rank of General
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
- "Danske Kommuner - Søgning". Danske Kommuner. Retrieved 2020-07-17.