Kyshoen Jarrett (born May 4, 1993) is a former American football safety who played for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Virginia Tech, and was drafted by the Redskins in the sixth round of the 2015 NFL Draft. However, his playing career only lasted a single year as he suffered severe nerve damage in his shoulder during an attempted tackle in the final game of his rookie season. Due to being unable to fully heal from it, he rejoined the Redskins as an assistant coach in 2018.
Jarrett as a player with the Redskins in 2015
|Position:||Defensive quality control coach|
|Born:||May 4, 1993|
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||East Stroudsburg (PA) South|
|NFL Draft:||2015 / Round: 6 / Pick: 181|
|Career NFL statistics|
He attended East Stroudsburg High School South in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania before attending Virginia Tech. Jarrett was drafted in the sixth round, 181th overall, by the Washington Redskins in the 2015 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract on May 11, 2015. During the regular season finale against the Dallas Cowboys, Jarret suffered severe damage to his brachial plexus during a helmet-to-helmet collision with running back Darren McFadden. Unable to fully regain strength in his arm in the months following the injury, Jarret was waived by the team before the start of training camp in 2016. In 2018, Jarret began a coaching internship with the Redskins, and was hired fulltime as a defensive quality control coach the following year.
- Mike Kuhns (April 29, 2015). "Former East Stroudsburg South star Kyshoen Jarrett hopes to be drafted - Sports - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA". poconorecord.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- Andrew Mason (February 22, 2015). "Kyshoen Jarrett: His brother's keeper". Denverbroncos.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- Czarda, Stephen (May 2, 2015). "Redskins Add Three In Sixth Round Of Draft". Redskins.com. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Bitter, Andy. "Redskins select Kyshoen Jarrett in sixth round of NFL Draft - Roanoke Times: Andy Bitter Virginia Tech Football". Roanoke.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Nine Redskins Draft Picks Agree To Terms". Redskins.com. May 11, 2015. Archived from the original on September 10, 2017. Retrieved May 21, 2015.
- Allen, Scott. "Redskins' Kyshoen Jarrett breaks silence on his life-changing injury". Washington Post. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Martin, Kimberley. "After one hit ended his Redskins career, Kyshoen Jarrett coaches with hopes of a comeback". Washington Post. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- Czarda, Stephen. "Redskins Waive Safety Kyshoen Jarrett".
- Czarda, Stephen. "Decision To Waive Kyshoen Jarrett 'Was Hard' On Redskins". Redskins.com. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- "Redskins Hire Kyshoen Jarrett As Defensive Quality Control Coach". Redskins.com. Retrieved May 7, 2019.