Kyle Rico Mayers (born 8 September 1992) is a Barbadian cricketer. He plays international cricket for West Indies cricket team in all formats. He was also in the West Indies under-19 squad for the 2012 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. In February 2021, on his Test debut, Mayers scored 210 not out.
Kyle Rico Mayers
|Born||8 September 1992|
|Relations||Shirley Clarke (father)|
|Test debut (cap 380)||4 February 2021 v Bangladesh|
|Last Test||8 March 2023 v South Africa|
|ODI debut (cap 202)||20 January 2021 v Bangladesh|
|Last ODI||29 July 2023 v India|
|T20I debut (cap 84)||29 November 2020 v New Zealand|
|Last T20I||13 August 2023 v India|
|Domestic team information|
|2011/12–2014/15||Combined Campuses and Colleges|
|2015–2017||St Lucia Zouks|
|2023-present||Lucknow Super Giants|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 1 May 2023
In October 2019, Mayers was selected to play for Barbados in the 2019–20 Regional Super50 tournament. In November 2019, he traveled to Ft Lauderdale, Florida to participate in the US Open. He represented the Paramveer Tigers along with other international likes of Kjorn Ottley, Ian Cockbain, Max Waller, Delray Rawlins, Alex Blake, Elmore Hutchinson, Ravi Timbawala, Timil Patel, Japen Patel and many more. In January 2020, on the opening day of the 2019–20 West Indies Championship, Mayers scored his maiden century in first-class cricket.
In June 2020, Mayers was named as one of eleven reserve players in the West Indies' Test squad, for their series against England. The Test series was originally scheduled to start in May 2020, but was moved back to July 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In July 2020, Mayers was named in the Barbados Tridents squad for the 2020 Caribbean Premier League. In October 2020, Mayers was also named in the West Indies' Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for their series against New Zealand. He made his T20I debut for the West Indies on 29 November 2020, against New Zealand.
In December 2020, Mayers was named in the West Indies' Test and One Day International (ODI) squads for their series against Bangladesh. He made his ODI debut for the West Indies, against Bangladesh, on 20 January 2021. He made his Test debut for the West Indies, also against Bangladesh, on 3 February 2021. On his debut, Mayers scored a century to become the 14th batsman for the West Indies to score a century on debut in Test cricket. He finished his innings on 210 not out, becoming the sixth batsman to score a double century on his Test debut, guiding the West Indies to a successful chase of 395, the fifth largest in test history. In May 2021, Mayers was awarded with a maiden red-ball central contract from Cricket West Indies.
On 27 March 2022, Mayers took his first Test match five-wicket haul against England, in the second innings of the third test of England's tour of West Indies in St. George's. He finished with figures of five for eighteen and with seven wickets in the match. On 4 June 2022, in the third and final match of the series against the Netherlands, Mayers scored his first century in ODI cricket, with 120 runs. He then went on to score another ODI Century this time against New Zealand scoring 105.
- "West Indies".
- "Brilliant Mayers secures historic West Indies win in Chattogram thriller". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 7 February 2021.
- "Mayers' knock brings father Shirley Clarke to tears". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 February 2021.
- "Carter to lead Barbados Pride". Barbados Advocate. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "Mayers maiden century rescues Barbados Pride". Guyana Chronicle. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- "Darren Bravo, Shimron Hetmyer, Keemo Paul turn down call-ups for England tour". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- "Squad named for Sandals West Indies Tour of England". Cricket West Indies. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- "Nabi, Lamichhane, Dunk earn big in CPL 2020 draft". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- "Teams Selected for Hero CPL 2020". Cricket West Indies. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- "West Indies name Test and T20I squads for Tour of New Zealand". Cricket West Indies. Retrieved 16 October 2020.
- "Glenn Phillips smashes record ton as New Zealand clinch series". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 November 2020.
- "Jason Holder, Kieron Pollard, Shimron Hetmyer among ten West Indies players to pull out of Bangladesh tour". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 December 2020.
- "1st ODI (D/N), Dhaka, Jan 20 2021, ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Super League". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 January 2021.
- "1st Test, Chattogram, Feb 3 - Feb 7 2021, West Indies tour of Bangladesh". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 February 2021.
- "WI Kyle Mayers Scores Hundred On Debut; Becomes First To Do So". Cricket More. Retrieved 7 February 2021.
- "Kyle Mayers creates history by scoring brilliant double century on Test debut; guides West Indies to chase 395 against Bangladesh". Jantaka Reporter. Retrieved 7 February 2021.
- "Kyle Mayers debut double century lifts West Indies to historic Test win in Bangladesh". The Indian Express. 7 February 2021. Retrieved 10 August 2021.
- "Kyle Mayers and Nkrumah Bonner rewarded with their first West Indies contracts". ESPN Cricinfo. 5 May 2021. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- "IPL 2022 auction: The list of sold and unsold players". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 13 February 2022.
- "Full Scorecard of England vs West Indies 3rd Test 2021/22 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 27 March 2022.
- "Mayers, Brooks centuries set up 3-0 whitewash for West Indies". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 5 June 2022.
- "Full Scorecard of Super Giants vs Capitals 3rd Match 2023 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 3 April 2023.