Kutina is a town in central Croatia, the largest settlement in the hilly region of Moslavina, in the Sisak-Moslavina County. The town proper has a population of 13,735 (2011), while the total municipal population is 22,760.
Town of Kutina
Kutina Petrochemical Plant
|• Mayor||Zlatko Babić (HDZ)|
|• City Council|
|• Town||294.34 km2 (113.65 sq mi)|
|Elevation||149 m (489 ft)|
|• Density||77/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code(s)||+385 44|
The settlement of Kutina was first mentioned in the historical records in 1256.
It is the industrial center of the region with petrochemical industry – Petrokemija d.d., electronic components production – SELK d.d., and a variety of smaller entrepreneurships. There is a long mass-media tradition in Kutina, with Moslavački list [local newspaper] and Radio Moslavina [local radio station]. The initial headquarters of the Nezavisna Televizija (NeT), a regional commercial TV station, were stationed in Voloder near Kutina.
Kutina is widely known for its active youth scene and the alternative-oriented club Baraka. The main attractions are Lonjsko polje nature park, baroque fortress church of Saint Mary of the Snow, old wooden houses called Trijem (eng. Porch) or Čardak, hills of Moslavina with ruins of medieval "burgs".
A special attraction are the Wine roads of Moslavina, where a visitor can take a sip of Croatian and regional genuine wine Škrlet (Skrlet).
The settlements in the administrative area are:
- Banova Jaruga, population 665
- Batina, population 205
- Brinjani, population 253
- Čaire, population 33
- Gojlo, population 377
- Husain, population 971
- Ilova, population 821
- Jamarica, population 410
- Janja Lipa, population 206
- Katoličke Čaire, population 232
- Kletište, population 116
- Krajiška Kutinica, population 73
- Kutina, population 13,735
- Kutinica, population 58
- Kutinska Slatina, population 578
- Međurić, population 485
- Mikleuška, population 140
- Mišinka, population 116
- Repušnica, population 1,838
- Selište, population 282
- Stupovača, population 440
- Šartovac, population 383
- Zbjegovača, population 346
Notable people born in KutinaEdit
- Dubravka Ugrešić – Croatian writer, winner of 2010 Tiptree Award, 2000 Heinrich Mann Prize, and 1988 NIN Prize, among others.
- Franjo Mihalić – Yugoslav long-distance runner, Olympic silver medalist in marathon and cross country World champion
- Dane Korica – long-distance runner who competed for Yugoslavia in the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Matija Vražić Sraz - professional League of Legends flamer and feeder (bronze since 1994.)
- http://www.kutina.hr/ – Official website
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Kutina". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kutina.|