Kurukshetra (2019 film)
Kurukshetra is an upcoming Indian Kannada-language epic historical war film, written by J. K. Bharavi and directed by Naganna. It is based on the poem Gadhayuddha by Ranna, which itself is based on the Indian epic Mahabharata. The story is centred on Duryodhana, the Kaurava king. The film was produced by Muniratna Naidu.
|Produced by||Munirantna naidu|
|Written by||J. K. Bharavi|
Nikhil Kumar Swamy
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Edited by||Jo Ni Harsha|
|2 hours 55 minutes|
The film features an ensemble cast including Darshan, Ambarish, V. Ravichandran, Arjun Sarja, Sneha, Meghana Raj, Sonu Sood, Srinivasa Murthy, Danish Akhtar Saifi, Ravishankar, Yashas Surya and Hariprriya portraying characters from Mahabharata. The score and soundtrack for the film were composed by V. Harikrishna whilst the cinematography was by Jayanan Vincent.
- Darshan as Duryodhana
- V. Ravichandran as Krishna
- Ambareesh as Bheeshma
- Arjun Sarja as Karna
- Srinath as Dhritarashtra
- Srinivasa Murthy as Dronacharya
- Shashikumar as Dharmaraya
- Danish Akthar Saifi as Bhima
- Sonu Sood as Arjuna
- Yashas Surya as Nakula
- Chandan as Sahadeva
- Sneha as Draupadi
- Bharathi Vishnuvardhan as Kunti
- Nikhil Kumar as Abhimanyu
- P. Ravishankar as Shakuni
- Meghna Raj as Bhanumati
- Aditi Arya as Uttara
- Pavitra Lokesh
- Hariprriya as Maaye (Dancer)
- Ravi Chethan as Dushasana as Brother of Duryodhana
The official launch of the film was held on 6 August 2017 with filming beginning on the same day. A major portion of the film was shot at Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad. Kurukshetra is the final film of late actor Ambarish.
The film was shot in both 3D and 2D formats. The 3D stereographer was K. P. Nambiathiri and the 3D stereoscopic and 3D visual effects director was Jeemon Pullely. The complete 3D production was done by Folea Studio. The 3D camera team was Sreekumar and Sambath and the 3D stereoscopic supervision team was Vinex K.V, Shimal, and Nivin. Budget is around 1 billion or 100crore
Music director V. Harikrishna is commissioned to compose the film's score. The audio was launched 7 July 2019. First song Saahore Saaho is released on 5th July 2019 at 8:00
|Soundtrack album by|
|V. Harikrishna chronology|
|Singles from Kurukshetra|
All lyrics written by V. Nagendra Prasad.
|1.||"Saahore Saaho"||Vijay Prakash||4:07|
|2.||"Chaaruthanthi"||Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam|
The film is planned for release in July or August 2019 in both 2D and 3D formats. Kurukshetra will be releasing in four languages – Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam, also in Hindi. On 21 April 2019, Vrushabhadri Productions released four posters in each of these languages.
- "Kurukshetra High Budget Movie in the Making". DesiMartini. 23 May 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Director Naganna Kurukshetra, start with a song". Indiaglitz. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Darshan set to star as Duryodhana in 50th film". Bangalore Mirror. 4 April 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Budget without limits for Kurukshetra". The New Indian Express. 18 April 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Kurukshetra could be Kannada cinema biggest multi-starrer". The Financial Express. 30 July 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Harikrishna readying music for Kurukshetra". The New Indian Express. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Kurukshetra News: Movie To Launch Today; CM Siddaramaiah To Clap Start The Movie!". Filmibeat. 6 August 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "An epic realised on screen". The Hindu. 3 August 2017. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- "Muniratna Kurukshetra to Release in 4 Languages in 2D & 3D Pretty Soon".