This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017)
Kurnool City railway station, formerly Kurnool Town railway station (station code: KRNT), is located in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It serves Kurnool in the Kurnool district. It is under the administrative control of the Hyderabad Division of the South Central Railway zone of the Indian Railways.
|Indian Railways station|
|Location||Station Road, Narasimha Reddy Nagar, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh|
|Elevation||293 metres (961 ft)|
|Tracks||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard (on-ground station)|
|Zone(s)||South Central Railway|
Kurnool is a category station, and one of the ten model stations in the Hyderabad Division of South-Central Railway.
- Track: Single Electric Line
- Station Type: Regular
- Address: Station Road, Narasimha Reddy Nagar, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh 518004
- Elevation: 293 m above sea level
- Zone: South Central Railway
- Division: Hyderabad
- Nearest airport: Kurnool Airport [23 KM]
- No. of platform(s): 4
- Halting Trains: 90
- Originating Trains: 7
- Terminating Trains: 7
Structure and amenitiesEdit
The station has rooftop solar panels installed by the Indian railways, along with various railway stations and service buildings in the country, as a part of sourcing 500 MW solar energy. Recently,[when?] Indian Railway refurbished the station at a cost of around 15 crore. Under the modernization programme, the station entrance, waiting hall, retiring rooms, and platforms were renovated. Provisions for washable aprons have also been added. Provisions for refreshments room were provided for travellers to get beverages at any time.
The station caters to an average of 12,500 passengers daily, and has several features to help with accessibility. There are two lifts, a footbridge, and escalators. Passenger information displays and signage are also available, as well as butterfly-type shelters to allow the passengers to sit and wait until the scheduled arrival of trains. In addition to these, the station building and some of the walls have been painted and beautified to display the art and culture of the local place.
The outer part of the railway station is also being modernized. It includes the shifting of substation, water tank catering to railway station needs, and postal service to decongest the railway station for movement of vehicles coming to and going from station. Construction of tensile modelled structures for auto rickshaw parking, car parking, pick up and drop off passengers place, etc. is in progress. Upgrades for the drainage system is also in progress to create a smooth flow of water during wet conditions. Additional provisions include renovating the footpath area and the space deck portico.
These renovations and modifications have made the Kurnool Railway station look alike and upgraded to airport standards.
Rail coach factoryEdit
A rail coach factory is being established at Kurnool. The foundation stone was laid on 24 February 2014 and got Railway Minster NOD.
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. 2015. p. 46. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- Nag, Devanjana (23 April 2019). "Wow! Indian Railways gives an airport-like makeover to Kurnool City station; see beautiful pictures here". The Financial Express. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "Solar Panels at Railway Stations". Delhi. Press Information Bureau. 10 April 2018. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- Desk, India com News (11 April 2018). "Solar Panels Installed at Railway Stations Across Country – Full List". India.com. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- "Midlife coach factory got Railway Ministry's nod: MP". The Hindu. Chennai. 8 July 2016.
- Arrivals at KRNT/Kurnool City India Rail Info