Kuchh Na Kaho
Kuchh Na Kaho is a romantic Hindi song from the film 1942: A Love Story. The song was composed by R. D. Burman with lyrics by Javed Akhtar and vocals by Kumar Sanu. It was the swan song of R. D. Burman, released three months after his death (January 1994). It is composed in the Dadra taal. Ronu Majumdar played the flute. Along with Ek Ladki Ko Dekha from the same movie, the song represented Kumar Sanu's peak as a singer.He also said on interview, this song "kuch na kaho" is used to treatment for cerebral palsy patients.
|"Kuchh Na Kaho"|
|film song by R. D. Burman (composer) Kumar Sanu (singer)|
|from the album 1942: A Love Story|
|Label||HMV/The Gramophone Company of India|
|Songwriter(s)||R. D. Burman (music)|
Javed Akhtar (lyrics)
The song had another version, recorded by Lata Mangeshkar after RD Burman's death. This sad version was not well received by some critics. Noted film critic Raju Bharatan, who also wrote a biography of Lata Mangeshkar, remarked "we tuneful watchers agonized at the way Lata played such vocal havoc with Kuchh na kaho". Kavita Krishnamurthy had earlier recorded the sad version of the song on 15 July 1993, but her rendition was not released.
- Mamta Chaturvedi (2004). Filmi Non Filmi Songs (With Their Notations). Diamond. pp. 175–. ISBN 978-81-288-0299-7.
- Kasmin Fernandes (2014-12-12). "Pt Ronu Majumdar: The actual award is the applause from the audience". The Times of India.
- Ganesh Anantharaman (January 2008). Bollywood Melodies: A History of the Hindi Film Song. Penguin Books India. pp. 17–. ISBN 978-0-14-306340-7.
- "Lata Mangeshkar on R.D. Burman: He died too young, unhappy". The Times of India. 2014-06-14.
- Raju Bharatan (2013). Naushadnama: The Life and Music of Naushad. Hay House. pp. 198–. ISBN 978-93-81398-63-0.