Ksar Ouled Soltane
Ksar Ouled Soltane (Arabic: قصر أولاد سلطان) is a fortified granary, or ksar, located in the Tataouine district in southern Tunisia. The ksar is spread out over two courtyards, each of which has a perimeter of multi-story vaulted granary cellars, or ghorfas.
Like other ksour (plural of ksar) built by Berber communities Ksar Ouled Soltane, is located on a hilltop, to help protect it from raiding parties in previous centuries.
Ksar Ouled Soltane is now a tourist destination, with visitors coming to see its well-preserved granary vaults. It was also featured in the film Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace in some of the scenes used to represent the slave quarters of Mos Espa, where the character Anakin Skywalker lived as a boy.  
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ksar Ouled Soltane.|
- Star Wars Trip To Tatooine by Mark Dermul.
- The Star Wars Traveler by Gus Lopez and Pamela Gren.
- Loms Galactic Tours by Loms.
- Stars of the Desert - A journey across the dunes of Tunisia to discover lost "Tatooine" by Brady Walters.
- Lonely Planet Tunisia, 3rd edition
|This Tunisia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Star Wars-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|