Krsna Solo (born Amitav Sarkar) is a music composer, singer-songwriter and a music producer from India, who debuted with the popular Hindi film "Tanu Weds Manu" in 2011. Among his awards are a Filmfare R.D. Burman Award, Stardust Award for Best New Music Director. His work also includes Jolly LLB, Tanu Weds Manu Returns, Tamanchey, Oonga and more. One of his mentionable international score is for the documentary called India's Daughter by Leslee Udwin.
Siliguri, West Bengal
|Education||National Institute of Design|
|Occupation||Music Composer, Music Producer, Singer, Songwriter|
Krsna was born in a Bengali family in Siliguri, West Bengal. After finishing school from Kolkata he graduated from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad in Films Communication. Thereafter he came to Mumbai to pursue his childhood dream to become a musician and started his career as a film director in advertising. After a few years he became an active musician and debuted in Bollywood.
He made his debut in Bollywood with Hindi movie Tanu Weds Manu, a 2011 Hindi romantic Comedy film directed by Anand L. Rai, and produced by Shailesh R Singh and stars Kangana Ranaut and R. Madhavan. His work for National Award-winning film "Tanu Weds Manu " and the sequel "Tanu Weds Manu Returns" is also highly appreciated. He is the composer behind popular songs like "Rangrez", "Yun Hi", "Piya Na Rahe Manbasiya", "O Sathi Mere" and more.
|2015||Tanu Weds Manu Returns|
|2011||Tanu Weds Manu||Won - Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent, |
Stardust Awards for Best New Music Director
He made his debut as a playback singer on his own composition "Rangrez" from Tanu Weds Manu.
|4th Mirchi Music Awards||Upcoming Music Composer of The Year||"Jugni" from Tanu Weds Manu||Nominated|||
- "FilmFare Awards recognizes Krsna's "Tanu Weds Manu!" - Urban Asian". 1 February 2012.
- "Tanu Weds Manu (Music review), Hindi – Krsna & RDB by Milliblog!". itwofs.com.
- "Krsna: The music for 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' is quite contemporary".
- "Krsna: I've never changed my music to suit market demands - Times of India".
- "Review: Tanu Weds Manu Returns music is worth a listen".
- "Music Review: Tamanchey - Times of India".
- "Music composer Krsna Solo talks about working on BBC documentary 'India's Daughter'". 24 April 2015.
- "'India's Daughter': The true story behind the banned film".
- "Nominations - Mirchi Music Award Hindi 2011". 30 January 2013. Archived from the original on 30 January 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2018.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)