Kronos Digital Entertainment
Kronos Digital Entertainment was an American computer animation and video game developer founded by Stan Liu in 1992. They first began to develop original properties, beginning with their visually appealing early 3D fighting games, Criticom, Dark Rift and Cardinal Syn (referred to as the "Trilogy of Terror" by one gaming journalist). The organization later gained greater critical and commercial success for the Fear Effect series with Eidos, although Kronos retains all rights to the franchise. Kronos was busy developing the third installment in that series, Fear Effect Inferno, when publisher Eidos discontinued funding for the project following a major restructuring of their budget. The developer then shopped it around to other publishers but were unable to secure another deal to get the game finished. The company disbanded soon after, with Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix being their final released game, and animated classic TV series Spider-Man.
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Products||Fear Effect series|
|1995||Criticom||PlayStation, Sega Saturn|
|1997||Meat Puppet||Microsoft Windows|
|Dark Rift||Nintendo 64, Microsoft Windows|
|2001||Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix|
- July 8, 1998 2:09PM PDT (1998-06-30). "Cardinal Syn Review". GameSpot.com. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2012-06-25.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Interview With Kronos". Mastergamer.com. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- Steve Pollack (2003-08-03). "Fear Effect Inferno". Steve Pollack. Archived from the original on 2003-12-27. Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "Official website". Archived from the original on March 28, 2002. Retrieved December 21, 2014.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- Interview with Stan Liu, founder of Kronos, at Gamecritics.com
- Kronos Digital Entertainment on IMDb
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|