The Cabinet led by Zdravko Krivokapić, is the 42nd cabinet of Montenegro. Krivokapić Cabinet was elected on 4 December 2020 by a majority vote in the parliament. The technocratic government is composed of independents and is supported by the four parliamentary groups; Democratic Front (NSD, DNP, PzP, PCG, UCG and RP), Peace is Our Nation (Democrats and Demos), Socialist People's Party (SNP) and the United Reform Action (URA).
42nd Cabinet of Montenegro
|Date formed||December 4, 2020|
|People and organisations|
|Head of government||Zdravko Krivokapić|
|No. of ministers||13 (including Deputy PM)|
|Member parties||ZBCG, MNN, URA|
|Status in legislature||Technocratic cabinet|
|Election(s)||30 August 2020|
On 31 August, the leaders of three opposition coalitions, For the Future of Montenegro, Peace is Our Nation and In Black and White, agreed to form an expert government, and to continue to work on the European Union accession process.
On September 23, all 41 deputies of the three coalitions of the new majority in parliament officially supported Zdravko Krivokapić as the prime minister-designate, as well as electing Aleksa Bečić new President of the Parliament. On 30 September, Krivokapić started initial talks with representatives of the parties of the three coalitions, which formed the parliamentary majority in Montenegro about forming the new government. On 8 October, Krivokapić formally became the Prime Minister-designate after the President Đukanović has given him a mandate to form the new government.
On October 30, designate Krivokapić held a meeting with the leaders of parties of the new parliamentary majority, who confirmed the support of their parties of the new majority for Krivokapić's concept of an expert government, composed by independent candidates. On November 5, the composition of the new government was officially presented, in which the number of ministers in the government will be reduced to 12 due to the rationalization of the state administration, which is 8 less than in the previous cabinet, which is why some departments were merged and some abolished. According to the final agreement of the supporting parties, the new government will be limited to one year, with the main goals; the fight against corruption and the depoliticization of public institutions after 30 years of DPS rule, as well as the reform of electoral laws, due to the preparation of an atmosphere for holding a new, "first fairly organized" elections in Montenegro.
On 4 December 2020, the new cabinet was elected by 41 out of 81 members of the Parliament of Montenegro, with the support of Democratic Montenegro, New Serb Democracy, Democratic People's Party, Movement for Changes, Socialist People's Party, United Reform Action, Democratic Alliance, True Montenegro, United Montenegro and the Workers' Party.
|Investiture votes for Krivokapić Cabinet|
|Ballot →||2 December 2020|
|Required majority →||41 out of 81|
41 / 81
1 / 81
28 / 81
11 / 81
Nom. lists breakdownEdit
|General Affairs||Zdravko Krivokapić||none||ZBCG||4 December 2020|
|Deputy Prime Minister|
|National Security||Dritan Abazović||URA||CnB||4 December 2020|
|Justice, Human and Minority Rights||Vladimir Leposavić||none||ZBCG||4 December 2020|
|Public Administration, Digital Society and Media||Tamara Srzentić||none||ZBCG||4 December 2020|
|Foreign Affairs||Đorđe Radulović||none||MNN||4 December 2020|
|Internal Affairs||Sergej Sekulović||none||CnB||4 December 2020|
|Defence||Olivera Injac||none||CnB||4 December 2020|
|Education, Science, Culture and Sports||Vesna Bratić||none||ZBCG||4 December 2020|
|Finance and Social Welfare||Milojko Spajić||none||ZBCG||4 December 2020|
|Economic Development||Jakov Milatović||none||ZBCG||4 December 2020|
|Capital Investments||Mladen Bojanić||none||MNN||4 December 2020|
|Health||Jelena Borovinić||none||ZBCG||4 December 2020|
|Ecology, Spatial Planning and Urbanism||Ratko Mitrović||none||ZBCG||4 December 2020|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management||Aleksandar Stijović||none||MNN||4 December 2020|
- PM Designate Zdravko Krivokapic Presents New Government, Total Montenegro News, 7 November 2020
- Objavili dokument: Poslanici tri koalicije podržali Krivokapića za mandatara, Vijesti, 23 September 2020
- EWB (2020-09-23). "Montenegro: All 41 opposition MPs support Krivokapić as the new Prime Minister". European Western Balkans. Retrieved 2020-09-23.
- "Krivokapić počeo razgovore o sastavu nove vlade". Al Jazeera Balkans (in Serbo-Croatian). 30 September 2020. Retrieved 2020-09-30.
- "MILO ĐUKANOVIĆ DAO MANDAT KRIVOKAPIĆU". NOVOSTI (in Serbian). Retrieved 2020-10-10.
- Krivokapić: Prvi korak racionalizacija, želimo da finansije budu stabilne, ekonomija održiva, Vijesti, 5 November 2020
- Stručnjaci u vladi oročeni na godinu, Pibjeda/Antena M, 30 October 2020
- Ovo je konačan spisak kandidata za Krivokapićevu vladu, CdM, 5 November 2020
- Ovo su biografije kandidata za nove ministre, Vijesti, 7 November 2020
- "Montenegro Elects First Government Without Djukanovic Party". Balkan Insight. 2020-12-04. Retrieved 2020-12-04.
- "Cabinet members". Government of Montenegro / Vlada Crne Gore. Retrieved 2020-12-08.