Krishna and His Leela
Krishna and His Leela is a 2020 Indian Telugu-language romantic comedy film, directed by Ravikanth Perepu and produced by Suresh Productions, Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Reddy. It features Siddu Jonnalagadda, Shraddha Srinath, Seerat Kapoor and Shalini Vadnikatti in the lead roles. This is Ravikanth Perepu's second film after 2016 mystery-thriller Kshanam. The music was composed by Sricharan Pakala. The film was released directly on Netflix on 25 June 2020. Later the film received digital release by Aha on 4 July 2020.
|Krishna and His Leela|
|Directed by||Ravikanth Perepu|
|Written by||Ravikanth Perepu|
|Music by||Sricharan Pakala|
Sai Prakash U
|Edited by||Garry BH|
In Vizag, Sathya breaks up with Krishna and moves to Bangalore. After going through a phase of depression, Krishna decides to move on and meets Radha, and they begin dating. Krishna receives a job offer in an IT firm in Bangalore, and leaves after deciding to maintain a long-distance relationship with Radha.
In Bangalore, Krishna meets his sister Arya’s roommate Rukhsar, and forms a close friendship with her. He also meets and reconnects with Sathya, and tells Radha about his friendship with Sathya. Radha arrives in Bangalore a fortnight later, and they all take a vacation to Coorg. After returning to Bangalore, Radha leaves back to Vizag. Over the next few weeks Krishna and Sathya get closer, and the former begins to drift apart from Radha. This leads to their eventual breakup. One night, while spending the night with Sathya, Krishna ends up sleeping with her, and they reconcile, starting a relationship again.
However, Radha returns to Bangalore, telling Krishna she became pregnant after their trip to Coorg, but was able to take contraceptives in time. A guilt-ridden Krishna lies to Radha that he is not in touch with Sathya, and reconciles with her, simultaneously dating the two girls. Arya’s marriage is fixed, and despite Krishna’s reluctance, their estranged father is invited to the wedding. During the wedding, Krishna struggles to manage Sathya and Radha, fabricating several lies, and his plight is understood by his father. The latter advices Krishna to be practical and make a choice between the two girls, a mistake he himself had committed during Krishna’s childhood. Krishna pays heed to the advice and confesses to the two girls that he has been cheating on them, and they both leave him.
On Rukhsar’s advice, Krishna takes a road-trip and writes a book about his misadventures with Sathya and Radha, and publishes the book under the title Krishna and His Leela. The book is a success, and during a meet and greet, reveals that he maintains a good friendship with the two girls, Radha having settled abroad and Sathya getting married the following month. At an after-party following the marriage, Krishna approaches Rukhsar and asks her to marry him, to which she looks back in shock.
- Siddu Jonnalagadda as Krishna
- Shraddha Srinath as Sathya Rao
- Seerat Kapoor as Rukhsar
- Shalini Vadnikatti as Radha
- Viva Harsha as Harsha, Krishna's friend
- Jhansi as Geetha, Krishna's mother
- Sampath Raj as Krishna's father
- Samyukta Hornad as Arya, Krishna's sister
- Raj Madiraju as Radha's father
- Poojan Kohli as Poojan
- Sricharan Pakala as Krishna's friend
- Eugeni Austinova as Harsha's girlfriend
In March 2017, Rana Daggubati was reported to collaborate with Ravikanth Perepu (of Kshanam fame), by presenting his upcoming project. Rana decided to present the project after Perepu narrated the script to the former and got impressed with the storyline, although the details were undeciphered. In May 2017, it was reported that Shraddha Srinath and Seerat Kapoor will play the female leads, opposite Siddhu Jonnalagada (of Guntur Talkies fame) as the protagonist. While no details were revealed about the project, on August 2019, the makers announced the film's title as Krishna and His Leela, and the makers also wrapped the shoot in Kashmir.
Krishna and His Leela was scheduled for a theatrical release on 1 May 2020, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic the makers opted for a direct digital release on Netflix, from 25 June 2020 and later released on Aha from 4 July 2020.
Baradwaj Rangan of Film Companion South wrote "Krishna And His Leela never rises above “casual” and “breezy”: it doesn’t sting. But that’s not really a deal-breaker. But What’s interesting in these “new-gen” movies — especially in the context of Telugu cinema — is how interestingly, how consistently the women are written." Sangeetha Devi Dundoo of The Hindu reviewed "The film navigates tricky corners of confused relationships with humour".
- "Krishna and his Leela Trailer | Siddhu | Shraddha | Seerat | Shalini | Ravikanth Perepu". YouTube. 24 June 2020.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (9 June 2020). "Ravikanth Perepu: 'Krishna and his Leela' is inspired by real life". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- "Siddu Jonnalagadda and Shraddha Srinath-starrer Krishna and His Leela to get an OTT release - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- editor, tc (22 June 2020). "Krishna and His Leela for direct OTT release". telugucinema.com. Retrieved 25 June 2020.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Krishna and his Leela on Aha Video". Twitter. Retrieved 30 June 2020.
- "Rana Daggubati to bankroll 'Kshanam' director's next project! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "'Cheliyaa' fame Shraddha Srinath to debut in Tollywood - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "Seerat to play a married woman in Allu Sirish's sci-fi thriller - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "Ravikanth Perepu announces his next with Siddharth and Shraddha Srinath! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "Venkatesh launches Ravikanth Perepu's 'Krishna and His Leela' Teaser - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "Krishna And His Leela, On Netflix: A Classy, Well-Written Update On The One-Man-Two-Women Premise". FilmCompanion. 25 June 2020.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (25 June 2020). "'Krishna and his Leela' movie review: A saga of confused relationships". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 6 February 2021.