Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University is a state university in Guwahati, Assam, India. It was founded in 2006.
|Motto||Education Beyond Barriers|
|Chancellor||Prof. Jagdish Mukhi|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Rajendra Prasad Das|
|150 (incl. faculty)|
|Campus||Distance / Online|
KKHSOU offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate courses in various fields such as humanities, social sciences, commerce, management, science, and technology. The university also offers professional courses in fields like law, journalism, and mass communication.
The university was established by the Assam Legislative Assembly by Act XXXVII of 2005 in 2005. The Act received the assent from the Governor on the same year.
It was recognized by the University Grants Commission in 2009, which lists 2007 as the year of establishment.
KKHSOU runs from three locations:
- Permanent campus: Patgaon, Rani Gate, Guwahati-781017
- City Office: Resham Nagar, Khanapara, Guwahati=781022
- Jorhat Regional Centre: Tarajan, Jorhat, Assam 785001
- ^ "KKHSOU". kkhsou.in. Archived from the original on 2 July 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- ^ "List of State Universities" (PDF). 27 May 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 May 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Official website
- KKSHOU Time Table
- KKSHOU Results
- Vice Chancellor - Krishna Kanta Handique State open University.
- VC Prof. Kandarpa Das suspended.
- Assam Governor suspends the VC of KKHSOU, Prof. Kandarpa Das