Krishna (2007 film)
Krishna is a 2007 Indian Kannada-language film starring Ganesh, Pooja Gandhi and Sharmila Mandre. It was directed by M. D. Sridhar and produced by Ramesh Yadav. It received critical acclaim and was the second superhit of the Ganesh and Pooja Gandhi pair after Mungaru Male. The film saw a 100-day theatrical run in Karnataka. A few sequences of the movie were based on the Tamil movie Unnai Ninaithu. The movie was remade in Odia in 2015 as Bhala Pae Tate 100 Ru 100 starring Babushan.
|Directed by||M. D. Sridhar|
|Produced by||Ramesh Yadav|
|Written by||B. A. Madhu (Dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||M. D. Sridhar|
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Edited by||P. R. Sounder Raj|
ROYAL PICTURES in association with Ramesh Yadav Movies
|Distributed by||Jayanna Films|
|5 October 2007|
|2 hours 40 minutes|
|Budget||₹ 3.5 crore|
|Box office||est.₹ 28.49 crore|
The story is about Krishna (Ganesh), an anchor for a popular television show. Krishna is a paying guest at the house of Krishnakumar whose daughter Pooja (Pooja Gandhi) is secretly in love with him, though she pretends to dislike him.
When Pooja confesses her love to Krishna, he tells her of his previous life, when he was a nobody and was deeply in love with Anjali (Sharmila Mandre) whose entire family was poverty stricken and Krishna helped them out wherever and whenever he could. Anjali loves Krishna as well and everyone including Krishna assumes that he will end up with Anjali. However, when one of Anjali's wealthy relatives arrives, pays attentions to her, and asks her to marry him so that he can help her study medicine which is her dream, Anjali agrees to her family's wish that she marry this rich relative and break off with Krishna. A heartbroken Krishna comes to Bangalore unable to bear the sorrow.
Pooja is confident that she will win Krishna's love. However, Anjali comes back into Krishna's life – when her fiancé has ditched her. She is now penniless and Krishna helps her out by getting her a medical seat and helping her out. Anjali falls in love with Krishna and in the end when she is about to commence her career as a doctor, she informs him of her love. Krishna tells her that he helped her out not out of love but out of pity. He gives her a sermon on love and tells her that his love for her is a thing of the past. Anjali leaves sadder but wiser.
Krishna gets together with Pooja, and the pair walk away happily leaving the audience to assume they live happily ever after.
- Ganesh as Video Jackie Krishna
- Pooja Gandhi as Pooja
- Sharmila Mandre as Anjali
- Avinash as Anjali's father
- Vinaya Prasad as Anjali's mother
- Bharath Bhagavathar as Pooja's Father
- Sudha Belavaadi as Pooja's Mother
- Duniya Rashmi as Special Appearance in the Song
- Sharan as Rama, Krishna's Close Friend
- Ramaswamy as Channel Owner
- Krishnendra Pandith
- Vijaya Sarathi as Garment shop owner
- Ramesh Yadav as Special Appearance
- Suresh Anchan
- Baby Roopika
- M. D. Sridhar as Special Appearance
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Gollara Golla"||K. Kalyan||Udit Narayan, Suma Shastry||4:43|
|2.||"Neenu Banda Mele"||Kaviraj||Sonu Nigam, Nanditha||4:55|
|4.||"Thaiyya Thaiyya"||Kaviraj||V. Harikrishna, Janani, Suchitra, Gurukiran||4:25|
|5.||"Hey Mouna"||Jayant Kaikini||Shankar Mahadevan||5:19|
Indiaglitz states, "This is a well made role for Ganesh. He has the space for quick dialogue delivery and right element of emotions, action and romance. Pooja Gandhi is impressive as tomboy character. For Sharmila this role does not suit. The traditional costume is poles apart from her debut film 'Sajani'. Sharmila has improved in showing emotions. Sharan takes the major honors after Ganesh in this film. Avinash, Vinayaprakash, Sudha Belawadi are apt for their charecters [sic]".
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2008||Best Actress||Suvarna Film Awards||Pooja Gandhi||Won|||
- Refers to the year in which the ceremony was held.
- Krishna: Review. Deccan Herald (6 October 2007).
- Krishna – Review[permanent dead link]. entertainment.oneindia.in
- Ganesh is back as Krishna. Rediff (October 2007).
- "KRISHNA 100 GANESHA 50". Indiaglitz.com. 7 January 2008.
- "Krishna over 100-days". gandhadagudi.
- "Krishna (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – EP". iTunes. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Krishna review. Krishna Kannada movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Suvarna Awards". Deccan Herald. Archived from the original on 8 May 2016. Retrieved 29 August 2016.