This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Associated acts||Samuel Francis
|Members||Gerald “Toto” Alfred, Lead Guitar & Lead Vocals
Krissy, Lead & Harmony Vocals & Dance
Margaret Rainey, Backup Vocals & Dance
Juneau “Gino” J. Francois, Percussion & Backup Vocals
Josue Pierre, Keyboard
Michael "Paapa Michael" Annang, Drums/Percussion
Emmanuely “Sodoki” Kalimili
The band was founded by Gerald “Toto” Alfredo. Toto worked as a guitarist for the Haitian roots band Boukman Eksperyans. Once he relocated to Chicago from Haiti, He began searching for musicians to form Kreyòl Roots.
Made up of musicians mostly from Haiti, Kreyòl Roots frequently collaborates with musicians from Ghana, Tanzania, Belize, and The United States of America. Kreyòl Roots features Gerald “Toto” Alfred on lead guitar and lead vocals, (TBA) on bass, Krissy on lead and harmony vocals and dance, Margaret Rainey on backup vocals and dance, Juneau “Gino” J. Francois on percussion and backup vocals, Josue Pierre on keyboard, and Michael "Paapa Michael" Annang on drums and percussion. Guest artists have included Samuel Francis, Sarah Exantus, Emmanuely “Sodoki” Kalimili, and France Jean-Baptiste.
The band has played events such as Chicago’s The Old Town School of Folk Music, Chicago Vegan Mania 2014, Loyola University's Summer on the Plaza, Music on the Mayne Stage, Kick Off to Summer at The Dock at Montrose Beach, Caribbean Heritage Month, Uptown Saturday Nights, and Glenwood Ave Arts Festival. Being able to perform as a small acoustic group as well, the band has performed at Chicago's Swedish, German, and Haitian museums as a two-piece ensemble.
- "Haitian Roots Music Finds A Home In Chicago | WUWM". wuwm.com. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "Who We Are - Kreyòl Roots". kreyolroots.com. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "SouthSide On The Town: 27 Mar 15". southsideonthetown.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "03/27 Kreyól Roots (Jazzy Caribbean reggae fusion) at Global Dance Party Old Town School of Folk Music | World Fusion Chicago". worldfusionchicago.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "Chicago VeganMania Culture Café Entertainment 2014". chicagoveganmania.com. Retrieved 2015-07-30.