ISC Kosmotras(Redirected from Kosmotras)
The International Space Company Kosmotras or ISC Kosmotras (Russian: ЗАО Международная космическая компания “Космотрас”) is a joint project, between Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan, established in 1997. It developed and now operates a commercial expendable launch system using the Dnepr rocket. The Dnepr is a converted decommissioned SS-18 ICBM. ISC Kosmotras conducts Dnepr launches from Baikonur Cosmodrome and Yasny launch base in Dombarovskiy, Russia.
|Joint stock company|
Company principal office is located in Moscow, Russia.
ISC Kosmotras project members and their roles:
- Russia (90% stocks ownership)
- State Space Corporation Roscosmos - state support and supervision, provision of facilities and services at Baikonur Cosmodrome
- Defence Ministry of the Russian Federation – allocation of SS-18 assets to be converted into Dnepr-1 launch vehicles, SS-18 storage and Dnepr-1 standard launch operations
- JSC ASKOND (Moscow) – primary entity for Dnepr Program management
- JSC Rosobschemash Corporation (Moscow) - coordination of SS-18 elimination programs
- FSUE Design Bureau of Special Machine Building (St. Petersburg) - primary entity for maintenance of launch complex and processing facilities
- FSUE Central Scientific and Research Institute of Machine Building (Moscow) - scientific and technical support of the program
- FSUE Scientific and Production Association “IMPULSE” (St. Petersburg) - development and upgrade of launch control and support equipment
- State Enterprise Moscow Electrical and Mechanical Equipment Plant (Moscow) - modification of launch vehicle control system instrumentation
- National Space Agency of Ukraine - state support and supervision
- State Design Bureau Yuzhnoye - primary design and development organization for the launch vehicle and the entire Dnepr rocket;
- State Enterprise “Production Association Yuzniy Machine Building Plant” - primary manufacturing entity
- Scientific and Production Enterprise KHARTRON-ARKOS (Kharkiv) - primary entity for launch vehicle control system
- Kazakhstan (10% stocks ownership)
- Aerospace Committee of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources - state support and supervision
- National Company Kazakhstan Garysh Sapary - shareholder from Kazakhstan side
- State Enterprise “INFRAKOS” (Baikonur) - participation in Dnepr Program activities at Baikonur Cosmodrome
- State Enterprise “INFRAKOS-EKOS”, a subsidiary of “INFRAKOS” (Alma-Aty) – ecological support of the program.
In 2006 ISC Kosmotras became ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 certified through ISO certification agency Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI). ISC Kosmotras received ISO 9001:2000 (Quality Management Systems) and ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management Systems) certificates.
- Can be confused with company Kosmotrans (Russian: ФГУП НПФ КОСМОТРАНС) working in Baikonur
- "On Dnepr LV Next Launch". ISC Kosmotras. Archived from the original on 2007-06-08.
- "DNEPR User's guide" (PDF). MIT. November 2001.
- "ISC Kosmotras Awarded ISO Certificates". ISC Kosmotras. Archived from the original on 2007-06-08.