Kortrijk railway station
Kortrijk railway station is the main railway station in the Belgian city of Kortrijk and one of the busiest railway stations in Belgium. Its NMBS/SNCB internal code is LK. The station was first inaugurated on 22 September 1839.
|Owned by||National Railway Company of Belgium|
|Opened||22 September 1839|
The following railway lines converge in this railway station: line 66 (Bruges - Kortrijk) and line 75 (Ghent - Moeskroen). Previously, there was also line 83 (Kortrijk - Ronse). Railway lines 69 (Kortrijk - Ieper - Poperinge) and 89 (Denderleeuw - Kortrijk) begin just outside the railway station.
Several national Intercity-trains, Interregio-trains and local trains stop in this railway station, but there are also international trains like the Intercity-train to Gare de Lille Flandres, Lille in France.
The building itself was enlarged several times. The second building opened in 1857 and was enlarged in 1876. This monumental building originally included a glass and iron construction covering the platforms and rails. This construction and the original building were severely damaged during World War II.
After the war, a brand new station was inaugurated on 7 July 1956. The structure covering the platforms and rails was demolished and replaced by awnings covering the platforms.
The station is served by the following services:
- Intercity services (IC-04) Lille/Poperinge - Kortrijk - Ghent - Sint-Niklaas - Antwerp
- Intercity services (IC-12) Kortrijk - Ghent - Brussels - Leuven - Liege - Welkenraedt (weekdays)
- Intercity services (IC-12) Kortrijk - Ghent (weekends)
- Intercity services (IC-23) Ostend - Bruges - Kortrijk - Zottegem - Brussels - Brussels Airport
- Intercity services (IC-26) Kortrijk - Tournai - Halle - Brussels - Dendermonde - Lokeren - Sint Niklaas (weekdays)
- Intercity services (IC-32) Bruges - Roeselare - Kortrijk
- Local services (L-05) Kortrijk - Oudenaarde - Ghent - Eeklo (weekdays)
|Preceding station||National Railway Company of Belgium||Following station|
toward Lille Flandres
From Monday to Friday, except holidays
On weekends and holidays
toward Brussels National Airport
Railway stations in KortrijkEdit
Other railway stations in Kortrijk are:
- Kortrijk-Vorming railway station (previously called Congostatie)
- Bissegem railway station
Former railway stations in Kortrijk are:
- Aalbeke railway station
- Heule railway station
- Heule-Leiaarde railway station
- Kortrijk-Weide railway station
- Kortrijk-West railway station
- Marke railway station
- Sint-Katerine railway station