Koregaon is a census town and headquarters for the surrounding Koregaon Taluka in the Satara subdivision of Satara district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is situated on the Satara-Pandarpur road about 18 km east of Satara city, about 120 km from Pune and 267 km from Mumbai. The Koregaon railway station, situated on the Pune - Miraj line, is 2 kilometers outside the town. At a stone's throw from the railway station is Koregaon Bus Station.
|• MP||Udayanraje Bhosale|
|• MLA||Mahesh Shinde ([Shivsena])|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||MH 11 (Satara)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Satara|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Koregaon|
|Sex ratio||969 ♀/1000 ♂ (2011) |
In the 2011 India census, the town of Koregaon had a population of 26 987 individuals.
- Saraswati English Medium School and Jr. College, Koregaon.
- The Modern English School and Jr. College, Koregaon.
- Saraswati Vidyalaya, K.V. Bhandari Primary School Koregaon.
- Challenge Academy, Koregaon.
- Kanya. Madhyamik Vidhylaya, Koregaon.
- D.P. Bhosale College Koregaon.
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Koregaon.
- Shri Mudhaidevi Shikshan Sanstha's Shri Mudhaidevi Vidyamandir, Deur.
- Marutrao Krushnaji Mane Junior College, Deur.
- Prof.vSambhajirao Kadam College, Deur.
- Shri. Wangdev Vidyalaya &, Jr. College, Wathar Station.
- Yashwantrao Chavan Vidyalaya, Pimpode Bk.
- Bharat Vidya Mandir & Jr College Wagholi.
- Kala Mahavidyalaya Wagholi, Vidyanagar (Graduation in Arts, Commerce)
Business and industryEdit
The main attraction is the Koregaon (Mini) Industrial Area developed on the Koregaon-Rahimatpur Road. One of the main industries is the production of beans (called 'Wagha Ghevada' in Marathi and 'Rajma' in Hindi language).
There are two rivers in Koregaon; one flows within the town and other is outside. The first river's name is Tilaganga and other one's name is Vasana.
- "Sixteenth Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile". Archived from the original on 28 July 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "NPR Report: Maharashtra: Satara: Koregaon". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011.
- Ambedkar, Dr. Bhimrao (1991). Waiting for a Visa (PDF). Mumbai: Dept. of education, Government of Maharashtra. pp. 4071–4090. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
Satara District Gazette: