Kord Enterprises (or Kord Industries) is a fictional multibillion-dollar multinational corporation in the DC Comics universe. It is owned and run by scientist and businessman Ted Kord, the superhero Blue Beetle.
|First appearance||Captain Atom #83 (November 1966)|
|Created by||Steve Ditko|
|Type of business||Research and development|
|Employee(s)||Kimiyo Hoshi (Dr. Light)|
Among Kord Industries' products and holdings are the Blue Beetle's "Bug" (his flying vehicle), his BB gun, a strobe-light gun, and other gadgets employed by the Blue Beetle; as well as Blue & Gold, a video game company co-owned with Booster Gold.
Kord Industries was contracted to clear the landing site of the space ship in which Supergirl arrives and came into possession of a large supply of Kryptonite. In several issues of the Blue Beetle comic book series, the company is referred to as K.O.R.D. Industries, an acronym for Kord Omniversal Research and Development.
In Gotham Underground #9 (2008), crime boss Tobias Whale was shown at a press conference being named C.E.O. of Kord Enterprises. Oswald Cobblepot (the Penguin), upon seeing this footage, commented that "Kord Enterprises is in reality an Intergang Front".
In other mediaEdit
- Kord Industries appeared in the Smallville episode "Booster". It is run by Ted Kord, and one of the researchers is Dan Garret.
- K.O.R.D. Enterprises appeared in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode "Fall of the Blue Beetle!" and "Menace of the Madniks!"
- Kord Industries appeared in the Young Justice episode "Before the Dawn". Jaime Reyes took a shortcut through Kord Industries' parking lot on his way home. As he passed by there was an explosion in the building, killing Ted Kord (the original "Blue Beetle"). Jaime found the Scarab that was thrown out by the explosion, which bonded to his spine. In "Intervention," it was revealed that Kord Industries exploded during Ted Kord's fight with Deathstroke and Sportsmaster who was sent by The Light (Project Cadmus' Board of Directors) to steal the Scarab.
- Kord Enterprises (as Kord Industries) appeared in the Arrow season 1 episode "Sacrifice", season 2 episodes "The Scientist", "Three Ghosts" and "Time of Death", season 4 episodes "Green Arrow", "Lost Souls" and "A.W.O.L", season 5 episodes "Penance", "Disbanded" and "Missing" and season 6 episode "Next of Kin".
- Kord Industries appeared in The Flash season 3 episode "Abra Kadabra" and season 4 episode "Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash".
- Kord Industries is mentioned in a Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice viral marketing Fortune (magazine) article.
- In Batman: Arkham Knight, Gotham City's Kord Enterprises Branch can be seen when traveling through Gotham City.
- Batman #635 (February 2005) and Batman Annual #1 (1961)
|This DC Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|