Koman Coulibaly (born 4 July 1970) is a Malian football referee. He has been a full international referee for FIFA since 1999, and officiated his first international match on 19 April 2000, between Mali and Burkina Faso. Coulibaly is one of Mali's most experienced officials, having been selected for five Africa Cup of Nations tournaments and the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
|Full name||Koman Coulibaly|
July 4, 1970|
|Other occupation||Finance Inspector|
Coulibaly has a degree from the Faculté des Sciences Juridiques et Économiques (Faculty of Legal and Economic Sciences) at the University of Bamako, and is a financial enforcement inspector for the government of Mali. He began his refereeing career in 1994 with the District de Bamako league, then for Ligue 1 championnat national, and was finally promoted as a Malian Football Federation official in 1999.
He was selected as a referee for the 2002 African Cup of Nations in Mali, the 2004 African Cup of Nations in Tunisia, the 2006 African Cup of Nations in Egypt, the 2008 African Cup of Nations in Ghana, and the 2010 African Cup of Nations in Angola. Coulibaly officiated the final of the 2010 African Cup of Nations between Ghana and Egypt.
In 2011, Coulibaly and his assistants were attacked by supporters during the Club Africain v Al Hilal CAF Champions League Match. CAF Disciplinary Committee ordered Africain to play two competition matches behind closed doors and fined the Tunisians $80,000.
2010 FIFA World CupEdit
Coulibaly was preselected as a referee for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in October 2008, one of 32 referees selected for the tournament and one of four African officials. Coulibaly officiated the Group C match between the United States and Slovenia. The match ended in a 2-2 draw. Coulibaly was fourth official in a later match between Italy and New Zealand, but he was not chosen to officiate in the second round.
- "FIFA.com". FIFA. 19 April 2000. Archived from the original on 21 June 2010. Retrieved 18 June 2010. Coulibaly's bio is no longer on the FIFA website.
- Un Malien au Mondial 2010 : Koman COULIBALY, Radio Netherlands Worldwide, 12 February 2010.
- Moussa Ismaïla Touré : le meilleur sifflet africain, Souleymane Diallo, Le Républicain, 12 March 2007.
- "Koman Coulibaly". World Referee. 30 June 2010. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- Les indiscrétions de Ali Hassouni, Le Matin (Morocco), 2 February 2010.
- "Weakened Ahly battle in Egyptian derby". supersport.com. 17 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- List of prospective 2010 FIFA World Cup referees
- Mondial 2010: Quatre arbitres africains retenus Archived 2010-05-29 at the Wayback Machine, Fraternité Matin, 6 February 2010.
- "U.S soccer stars, Blogosphere slam world cup referee". NBC Chicago. 18 June 2010. Retrieved 20 June 2010.
- "FIFA Sends Referees, Including Coulibaly, Larrionda, Home From World Cup". Bloomberg. 29 June 2010. Retrieved 1 July 2010.
- "Referees' chief defends decisions". ESPN. Retrieved 21 June 2010.