This article needs a plot summary. (March 2021)
Kolilakkam (transl. Shockwave) is a 1981 Malayalam-language action thriller film, written and directed by P. N. Sundaram, and starring Jayan. The film was a box office hit. The movie was a remake of the 1965 Hindi film Waqt.
|Directed by||P. N. Sundaram|
|Written by||C. V. Hariharan|
Melattur Ravivarmma (dialogue)
|Produced by||C. V. Hariharan|
|Cinematography||A. K. Mohan, Ranganathan|
|Edited by||L. Bhoominathan, M. Umanath|
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|Distributed by||Suguna Screen Release|
Three brothers, who were separated at birth, face several trials and tribulations when they try to make an effort to reunite.
On 16 November 1980, Jayan was killed in an accident on the set of Kolilakkam. The climax scene of the film was being filmed in Sholavaram, near Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Jayan performed his own stunt that involved him boarding an airborne helicopter from a moving motorbike. Jayan insisted on another take as he was not satisfied. During the take, the pilot lost control and crashed the helicopter while Jayan was hanging below, leading to his death.
- "മേലാറ്റൂർ രവി വർമ്മ".
- "Jayan- A Golden Memory". Manoramaonline. 16 November 2009. Archived from the original on 18 November 2009. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- "Screen villain par excellence". The Hindu. 1 September 2000.[dead link]
- "On Jayan's 40th Death Anniversary, Unni Mukundan Pays a Fitting Tribute to the Legendary Malayalam Actor (View Post)". in.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 11 March 2021.
- "Nostalgia- Jayan Memories". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
- "Remembering 'Kolilakkam' superstar Jayan on his 35th death anniversary". International Business Times. 16 November 2015.
- "Metromatinee.com- Action Hero Jayan". metromatinee.com. Archived from the original on 5 January 2011. Retrieved 20 January 2011.