Lake Kesänki at Ylläs
Location of Kolari in Finland
|Sub-region||Fell Lapland sub-region|
|• Municipal manager||Heikki Havanka|
|• Total||2,617.87 km2 (1,010.77 sq mi)|
|• Land||2,558.61 km2 (987.88 sq mi)|
|• Water||59.15 km2 (22.84 sq mi)|
|Area rank||21st largest in Finland|
|• Rank||199th largest in Finland|
|• Density||1.51/km2 (3.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.5% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||13.1%|
|• 15 to 64||66.6%|
|• 65 or older||20.2%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
It is located in the region of Lapland. The municipality has a population of 3,875 (31 July 2020) and covers an area of 2,617.87 square kilometres (1,010.77 sq mi) of which 59.15 km2 (22.84 sq mi) is water. The population density is 1.51 inhabitants per square kilometre (3.9/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Kolari railway station is the northernmost station in Finland.
Ylläs, one of the most popular ski resorts in Finland, is located in Kolari. The area also features the country's largest bog with a thousand-year-old forest.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Heinäkuu 2020" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 13 September 2020.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Kolari at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Kolari – Official website (in Finnish)
- Archived English version of the official website's homepage
- Ylläs webpage
- Kolari travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This Lapland (Finland) location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|