Entertainment One Music(Redirected from Koch Records)
Entertainment One Music is an independent record label owned by Entertainment One in the United States. It has garnered the most Billboard hits of any independently owned music label in history. eOne distributes its own digital content, with physical distribution handled by ADA in the U.S. and German indie SPV GmbH in Europe.
|Founded||January 1987(as Koch International)|
Entertainment One Music is one of the largest independent music companies in the world with over 125 employees with offices around the world (New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, Toronto, London, Hamburg and Melbourne.) The company boasts a roster of over 150 artists and a rights library that includes more than 80,000 hours of film and television content, approximately 40,000 music tracks and includes powerhouse labels such as Dualtone (Lumineers), Last Gang (Death From Above), Light Records and Death Row (Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Tupac). With the acquisition of Round Room Entertainment, the company has live entertainment production as part of its ever-growing portfolio. eOne’s management group represents over 50 artists including Jax Jones, The Black Madonna and Arkells.
eOne Music was formed in January 1987 as "Koch Records" to serve as the North American umbrella for Koch Entertainment. They would sign many country, classical, and rock acts including Ringo Starr, Joan Baez, Chris Brubeck, Bob James, and an exclusive distribution with Suge Knight's embattled Death Row Records. The label soon began to gain ground on the other independent record labels in the United States. In the 2000s, they began to sign more hip hop acts and become one of the biggest hip hop labels in the world.
With the name change in 2010 to Entertainment One Music, they relaunched their country division, eOne Nashville.
In November 2016, eOne announced Ted May as the new Director of eOne Music in the UK to establish the first music division outside of North America.
In 2016, Billboard ranked Entertainment One the #2 indie label in the U.S. (and eOne owned label Dualtone #7). Lumineers (Dualtone) had 2 #1 songs at AAA radio and Alternative Radio and the group’s Gold album "Ophelia" debuted at #1 on the Top 200. eOne also had the #1 Rap album with both The Game ("1992"). Additionally, over 20 artists charted at Urban radio while multiple acts charted on the Active Rock chart, including Pop Evil, Avatar and Black Map.
Additionally in 2016, eOne received 9 Grammy nominations, and wins by Lalah Hathaway and Shirley Caesar; 30 Stellar Award nominees with two wins; 7 Billboard Award nominations (5 for eOne; 2 for Dualtone); 15 Dove Award nominations with 3 wins; and 4 Soul Train nominations.
- "Chris Taylor Joins Entertainment One to Lead Music Business as President, Entertainment One Music". Entertainment One. 8 March 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Chris Taylor's Global Ambition For eOne Music". FYI Music News.
- "WE'RE VERY WELL-FUNDED – AND WE'RE LOOKING AT EVERYTHING OUT THERE". Music Business Worldwide.
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc (2004-02-14). Billboard. Books.google.com. p. 37. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Koch Renamed E1". Home Media Magazine. 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- Chris Walsh (29 April 2010). "E1 Acquires IndieBlu". Billboard. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- Jones, Rhian (2016-01-21). "Entertainment One acquires Nashville's Dualtone Music Group". Music Business Worldwide. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "HITS Daily Double : Rumor Mill - TED MAY JOINS eONE ONE TO LEAD U.K. OPS". HITS Daily Double. Retrieved 2018-11-09.
- "ENTERTAINMENT ONE RANKS TOP 10 ON MULTIPLE BILLBOARD YEAR–END CHARTS FOR 2016". Entertainment One.
- "The Lumineers Score Second Alternative Songs No. 1 With 'Ophelia'". Billboard.
- "The Game Earns Eighth No. 1 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart". Billboard.
- "Entertainment One Celebrates 9 Nominations for The 2017 GRAMMY AWARDS". Broadway World.
- "Lalah Hathaway Wins Best Traditional R&B Performance". The Recording Academy.
- "Shirley Caesar". The Recording Academy.
- "ENTERTAINMENT ONE GARNERS 30 NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2017 STELLAR AWARDS". Black Gospel.
- "Billboard Music Awards 2016: See the Finalists". Billboard.
- "eOne Music Collects 15 Nominations for The 2016 GMA Dove Awards". The Urban Music Scene.