Kobe Institute of Computing
|Motto||Social Innovation by ICT and yourself|
|Postgraduates||Master of Information Systems|
2-2-7 Kano-cho, Kobe Chuo-ku,,
Fields of studyEdit
KIC Graduate School of Information Technology has one Masters course called "Department of Information Systems" which has two courses: ICT Professional Course and ICT Innovator Course.
Course term / degreeEdit
- Normal course term: two years
- Degree: Master of Information Systems
KIC ranked #1 among 530 Japanese private universities in terms of the sustainability index, composed of growth of number of students, growth of government research grant, and financial soundness.
KIC has been awarded JICA President Award 2019 to commend the individuals and organizations with preeminent achievements of the socio-economic development in developing countries through Japan International Cooperation Agency's (JICA) international cooperation activities.
The ICT Innovator Program has been adopted for the promotion of internationalization of universities by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, and for the project to support human resource development and economic growth of programs in developing countries by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
- Industrial human resource development initiative for young people of Africa (ABE initiative)
- The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship by Japanese Grant Aid (JDS)
- Grass Roots Project 
- Afghanistan “Project for the Promotion and Enhancement of the Afghan Capacity for Effective Development” (PEACE Project)
- Pacific Leaders’ Educational Assistance for Development of State (Pacific-LEADS)
- In 2018 Kobe Institute of Computing ventured with Swift Engineering （an American engineering firm, most notable for producing racing cars for a variety of open-wheel racing series, including Formula Ford, Formula Atlantic, the Champ Car World Series and Formula Nippon. From 2000 it diversified into Aerospace/Aviation markets） called Swift Xi located in Kobe, Japan. Kenji Fukuoka, Vice President of KIC is the representative President of Swift Xi Inc.
KIC partners with institutions around the world to give further chances for the students to develop their skills and international cooperation through programs selected by the Japanese government.
- Advanced Institute of Industrial Technology, Japan
- Autonomous University of Bucaramanga, Colombia
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Cheng Shiu University, Taiwan
- Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Northeastern University (China), China
- Sabancı University, Turkey
- Technical University of Cologne, Germany
- Tumba College of Technology, Rwanda
- University of Dhaka, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh
- University of Hyogo Graduate School of Applied Informatics, Japan
- Vietnam National University, Vietnam
- University of Rwanda, Rwanda
- Akaliza Keza Gara - Rwandan IT activist and entrepreneur
- "Kobe Institute of Computing - History". Kic.ac.jp. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Kobe Institute of Computing - News 2017". Kic.ac.jp. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- Company, The Asahi Shimbun. "私大のサバイバル能力を数値化すると…｜AERA dot. (アエラドット)". Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- https://www.jica.go.jp/english/news/press/2019/c8h0vm0000f70ba3-att/Laureates.pdf%7CJICA President Award 2019
- "First ABE Initiative Participants Visit Japan from Africa - News - News & Features - JICA". Jica.go.jp. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship (JDS) - Our Work - JICA". Jica.go.jp. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Welcome to portal website of PEACE". Education-japan.org. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Pacific Leaders' Educational Assistance for Development of State (Pacific-LEADS) - Countries & Regions - JICA". Jica.go.jp. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
- "Swift-Xi | 加速する革新".
- KIC - Graduate School of Information Technology
- KIC - College of Computing
- The Bridge
- Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, highly evaluated KIC alumnus, Mr. Reimond Ndaisaba, from Rwanda on his role of bridging between Japan and Rwanda in the opening speech of TICAD7.
- TICAD 7 Official Side Event Africa/Japan Startups Pitch (Youtube)