|Born:||January 17, 1987|
Santa Rosa, California
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||254 lb (115 kg)|
|High school:||Santa Rosa (CA) Montgomery|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 40|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
After graduation from Montgomery High School, Misi began his college career at Santa Rosa Junior College, where he was a first-team all-conference defensive end. He then attended the University of Utah and played for the Utes for three years (2007–2009). While at Utah, he played in 38 of 39 games, missing one game due to injury, and started 36 of those games. He played at both defensive end and defensive tackle positions during his college career. He was twice selected as an all-conference player in the Mountain West Conference, second-team all-conference in 2008 and first-team all-conference in 2009.
On April 23, 2010, Misi was drafted by the Miami Dolphins with a second round pick. He was drafted with the 40th overall pick.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 2 1⁄2 in
|4.75 s||1.64 s||2.76 s||4.27 s||7.07 s||38 in
|10 ft 7 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On September 19, 2010, Misi's second career game in the NFL, he recovered a Brett Favre fumble in the end zone for a touchdown giving the Dolphins a 14–0 lead. Misi also had two tackles. On September 7, 2013, Misi signed a four-year, $17 million contract extension with the Dolphins. Due to a back injury, Misi was placed on the team's injured reserve on December 22, 2015. On October 10, 2016, Misi was placed on injured reserve due to a neck injury.
On July 25, 2017, the Dolphins placed Misi on injured reserve with a neck injury.
- "Player Bio: Koa Misi". University of Utah. Archived from the original on June 20, 2010. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- "Koa Misi Draft Profile". NFLDraftScout.com.
- Patra, Kevin (September 7, 2013). "Koa Misi, Miami Dolphins finalize four-year extension". NFL.com. Retrieved January 2, 2016.
- Kelly, Omar (December 22, 2015). "Dolphins place Koa Misi, Chris McCain on injured reserve". Sun-Sentinel.com. Retrieved January 2, 2016.
- Sessler, Marc (October 10, 2016). "Dolphins grab corner Bene' Benwikere off waivers". NFL.com.
- Patra, Kevin (July 25, 2017). "Dolphins sign Alterraun Verner, place Koa Misi on IR". NFL.com.
- "Koa Misi Stats". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved April 29, 2015.