Mahesh Pandey & Vipul Mehta
Mahesh Pandey, Vipul Mehta, Anand Vardhan, Ila Bedi Dutta, Anjana Sood & Gauri Kodimala
|Directed by||Anil V Kumar, Garry Bhinder, Jasbir Bhatti & Deepak Chavan|
|Creative director(s)||Nivedita Basu , Rahul Khanna & Krip Narayana|
|Opening theme||"Woh Mile The..." by KK|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Punjabi & Hindi|
|No. of episodes||345|
|Producer(s)||Ekta Kapoor & Shobha Kapoor|
|Cinematography||Sanjay Memane & Sukhwinder Singh|
|Editor(s)||Vkas Sharma, Sandeep Bhatt & Swpanil Nerurkar|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original release||25 January 2005 –|
28 August 2006
It is the tale of two lovers who can never meet, soul mates who love each other deeply but are separated.
Kkavya Nanda is the only son of his mother Nitya Nanda and late father Mayank Nanda. He is the heir to the Nanda group of Industries. Kkavya returns to India after living 5 years in Switzerland. The day he arrives in his hometown Shimla, a strange young woman offers him a ride in the snow-filled darkness of the night. A moment's glance at her face and he falls in love with her. He encounters the mysterious girl, again, many times. Then, one day, he sees the girl, Anjum, again but, right in front of his eyes, she has an accident, and dies in his arms.
In a state of shock and disbelief, Kkavya is still searching for that beautiful face. After some time he was getting married. He sees the mysterious girl again in his marriage and he comes to know she is the wedding planner he tries to talk to her but she ignores him. After a long talk he comes to know that girl is not Anjum but her twin sister Anjali. Anjali was quite like Anjum. Kkavya and Anjali becomes friends but Kkavya somehow was searching Anjum in Anjalis' face and he falls in love with her. One day Anjali reveals to Kkavya that she is engaged. Kkavya goes to give his marriage invitation to Anjalis' house but he finds out that Anjali was getting married that day. Kkavya reads the letter left for him by Anjali. Anjali wanted to share her feelings with him what she feels about him. Kkavya understands that Anjali loves him. Kkavya goes to stop Anjali's marriage but Anjali refuses to betray her fiancé's trust. Anjali's fiancé tells them that he is not marrying her because he knows Anjali does not love him but Kkavya. Kkavya and Anjali get married.
Kkavya Nanda, a charming and eligible young man, is the only son of the late Mayank Nanda (Ronit Roy) and his wife, Nitya Nanda (Amrita Singh). He is the sole heir to more than half of the Nanda group of industries.
Kkavya is coming back to India after many years and everyone in the close-knit joint family is eagerly awaiting his return. A series of parties and celebrations have been planned to welcome him. And in one such party, Kkavya sees a beautiful girl who leaves a lasting impression on his mind.
After this first encounter, he repeatedly sees the same girl in various places, but is not able to speak to her on all occasions. However, her memory haunts him and eventually, he finds himself falling in love with this mysterious woman.
It was the biggest launch of 2005, for Indian soap, the serial made big news by being the comeback vehicle of Amrita Singh, Vidya Sinha and Natassha. The television ratings provided much support to the serial even in mid-August 2005, the show became the #1 show of India. But the death of the male protagonist, (Eijaz Khan) (Kkavya) made things worse. But with the entry of (Mohammed Iqbal Khan) as Shaurya and a change in the storyline, the serial recovered its lost position.
It's been a year since Kkavya's death. Anjali has become a stronger person. She is performing Kkavya's duties in the family and is looking after the family business as well. It's the perfect match of a modern woman, who is also traditional.
Recently a lookalike of Kkavya named Soham (Eijaz Khan) has entered the program, Anjali had made out to the family that he is Kkavya so she can find the murderer of Kkavya. Soham seems to be an evil character.
However soon after finding out about Kkavya's killer which was Yug, Soham decides to prove to Anjali that the killer is Yug (Hiten Tejwani) but Yug tries to blame Kkavya and Nitya's death on Shaurya but everything is found out by Soham and he brings proof and Yug kills himself.
Soon after that Soham realises that he loves Anjali but so does Shaurya. Anjali also starts to love him and Shaurya sees this in their eyes so when Shaurya and Anjali are about to get married, Shaurya stops the wedding and says bad stuff about Anjali and Soham says out loud Anjali is not and he also shouts out that he loves her. Shaurya said he knew as it was his plan to bring out his feelings. Then Soham and Anjali get married and live happily ever after with the blessings of the family.
- Anita Hassanandani as Anjum Salve / Anjali Salve / Anjali Kkavya Nanda / Anjali Soham Saxena
- Rakshak Sahni / Eijaz Khan as Kkavya Nanda
- Eijaz Khan as Dr. Soham Saxena
- Amrita Singh as Nitya Nanda
- Mohammed Iqbal Khan as Shaurya Nanda
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Romilla Nanda
- Sailesh Gulabani as Nihaal Nanda
- Achala Sachdev / Zohra Sehgal as Bebe
- Ronit Roy as Mayank Nanda
- Vikrant Rai as Jai Nanda
- Aarun Nagar as Arun
- Pradeep Kharab / Sandeep Baswana as Shlok Nanda
- Nandini Singh as Pammi Mittal
- Kishwer Merchant as Vanshita Nanda
- Megha Gupta as Disha Jai Nanda
- Talat Rekhi as Yash Nanda
- Vidya Sinha as Sharmila Nanda
- Soni Singh / Barkha Bisht as Arpita Nanda / Arpita Vansh Malhotra
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Vansh Malhotra
- Chaitanya Choudhury as Vayu Kapoor
- Nisha Sareen as Disha Jai Nanda
- Shivalika Sharma as Rohina Nanda
- Hiten Tejwani as Yug Mittal
- Riva Bubber as Sonia
- Madhumalti Kapoor as Khala
- Savita Prabhune as Mrs. Salve
- Sudhir Dalvi as Mr. Salve
- Poonam Joshi as Bindiya
- Ali Asgar as Adeep Nanda
- Akshay Anand as Aman Kapoor
- Abir Goswami as Aarav Nanda
- Rupali Ganguly as Mona Mittal
- Dheeraj Sarna as Chaman
- Aashish Kaul as Mr. Malhotra
- Anjali Mukhi as Mrs. Malhotra
- Karan Patel as Kanishk Malhotra
- Roshni Chopra as Reeva
- Salil Acharya as Sandeep (Sandy) Nanda
- Arunima Sharma as Priya
- Nirmal Pandey as Navin Nanda
- Rocky Verma as Mr. Sad
- Kanika Maheshwari
₹90 Million had been spent on for the marketing of the series before its premiere.
Mainly filmed in India at Mumbai, one of the sequence was filmed at Hong Kong during 2005 for 10 episodes and by collaboration with Hong Kong Tourism Board, the various locations were promoted in the series.
In a sequence, to depict the Mumbai deluge at that time (2005), about 80 tankers were used to create false floods, with the main lead caught admits it.
In March 2005, Rakshak Sahni playing Kkavya was replaced in the series due to his incapability of bringing life to his role and also when he wanted for 10 days break and Eijaz Khan was made to quit Kahiin To Hoga for Sahni's role.
Kkavyanjali which premiered at 9:30pm (IST), which Producer Ekta Kapoor considered one of her critical show at that time with a great hope, was touted as the best fiction launch of the year 2005 but did not receive the expected success.
It opened with a rating of 13.91 TVR on 25 January and averaged 11.7 in that week, becoming the ninenth most watched hindi TV show overall. Specifically, in Gujarat and Madya Pradesh it received 21 TVR and 29.4 TVR. However, the following weeks, the ratings dipped. In May 2006, when the storyline took a leap and with entry of Iqbal Khan, it improved quite a bit which was not sufficient to get the expected ratings. It got off-aired in August 2006 because of the conflict between Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms and Star Plus due to its change in storyline and time slot from 9:30 to 9:00 pm (IST), which received quite less ratings then in that slot compared to their rival channel Zee TV's Saat Phere:Saloni Ka Safar.
The show got the awards in both categories i-e Technical and Programming for both Jury and Popularity. Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii had a drop in its ratings in 2005, so Ekta Kapoor (producer) crossovered it with Kkavyanjali after which Kahaani saw a spike in its ratings. Anita Hassanandani charged 40 thousand per day at that time. The show was also shot in Hong Kong. Pritam charged 20 lakhs for its unique music composition.
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Music||Crew||Pritam|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress - Jury||Anjali Nanda||Anita Hassanandani|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Serial - Jury||Team||Ekta Kapoor & Shobha Kapoor|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best On Screen Couple||Kavy - Anjali||Eijaz Khan & Anita Hassanandani|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Drama Series||Team||Ekta Kapoor & Shobha Kapoor|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Serial - Popular||Team||Ekta Kapoor & Shobha Kapoor|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress||Anjali Nanda||Anita Hassanandani|
- "Kkavyanjali" concluded on 28 August 2006 and was replaced the following day by Karam Apnaa Apnaa.
- "K factor works again for Ektaa". Rediff.com.
- "Anita Hassanandani starrer 'Kkavyanjali' was loved by the audience, here's a throwback". Republic World.
- Kavyanjali: Here's how the cast of the show looks like now - Times of India
- "The top 10 soaps on TV". Rediff.
- "Riva Bubber beats Gauri Pradhan to 'Kkavyanjali'". Tellychaakkar.
- "Kkavyanjali debuts with bumper ratings of 13.91 TVR". Indian Television.
- "Adding to the content". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 4 July 2020.
- "Going beyond the commercial breaks". The Financial Express.
- "Daily soaps are using rain to highlight pivotal moments". The Times of India.
- "Two 'K 'serials to overlap today". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 7 April 2020.
- "Falling star". The Tribune.
- "Rakshak back with Ekta..." The Times of India.
- "With falling TRPs, channel share, pricey actors, entertainment television faces the heat". India Today.
- "Balaji Telefilms claims success for Kkavyanjali".
- "Why did Amrita quit Kkavyanjali?". Daily News and Analysis.
- "I've never been busier". The Telegraph.
- "The year that was:2006". Rediff.com.
- "The new and improved Kavyanjali!". Rediff.
- "STAR Plus fights back with 'Kkavyanjali' wrap". Biz Asia.
- "Being second best isnt easy". The Financial Express.
- "Awards of Kkavyanjali". weebly.com. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Sinndoor follows Kkavyanjali to Hong Kong".