Kjøbenhavns Boldklub or KB is a Danish sports club based in Copenhagen. The club was founded 26 April 1876 on the grassy fields in outer Copenhagen which later became Fælledparken. Tennis has been played since 1883. The club hosted, in 1921, one of the early tennis majors: the World Covered Court Championships, won by William Laurentz that year. Today, along with the sports already mentioned, the club also has facilities for badminton, swimming and pétanque.
|Full name||Kjøbenhavns Boldklub|
|Founded||26 April 1876|
|Ground||Frederiksberg I P Opvisning,|
|League||Københavnsserien (tier 5)|
The football team went on to become the most successful club in Denmark, winning a record 15 Danish championship titles from 1913 to 1980. In 1991, KB and B 1903 merged their professional football teams and formed F.C. Copenhagen. Until 1 January 2009, the F.C. Copenhagen reserves played under the KB name.
Football was added to the club's programme on 24 October 1878. The first advertised games were scheduled for the military exercise ground near Rosenborg Castle on 5 January 1879 (at 11am). It took until 7 september 1879 for a first 'show'-game at Eremitagen in Klampenborg. This makes KB to be the oldest football club on continental Europe.
Since november 2018, KB is a member of the Club of Pioneers.
Danish national football team all-time top scorer Poul Nielsen (1891–1962) played for KB during all of his career.
Legendary striker Preben Elkjær Larsen played for KB for one season as a trainee (1973–1974), while Nicklas Bendtner, who currently plays for Rosenborg BK in the Eliteserien was a former trainee at KB between the years of 2002 and 2004.
- Danish championship titles (15) (record): 1913, 1914, 1917, 1918, 1922, 1925, 1932, 1940, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1968, 1974, 1980
- Danish Cup: 1969
- 53 seasons in the Highest Danish League
- 6 seasons in the Second Highest Danish League
- 1 season in the Third Highest Danish League
In the first official game of the Denmark national football team on 19 October 1908, at the 1908 Summer Olympics, five players represented KB in that team, including team captain Kristian Middelboe. Since then, a total 75 players have represented KB in the senior Danish national team.
- Listed according to the year of debut.
- 1900s: Ludvig Drescher (1908), Kristian Middelboe (1908), Nils Middelboe (1908), Vilhelm Wolfhagen (1908), Oskar Nørland (1908), Bjørn Rasmussen (1908)
- 1910s: Poul 'Tist' Nielsen (1910), Ivar Lykke (1911), Svend Aage Castella (1911), Kristian Gyldenstein (1911), Christian Morville (1912), Georg Brysting (1912), Alf Olsen (1917), Steen Steensen Blicher (1918), Valdemar Laursen (1918)
- 1920s: Leo Dannin (1920), Poul Graae (1920), Axel V. Preno (1922), Svend Aage Remtoft (1923), Aage Jørgensen (1923), Wilhelm Nielsen (1925), Erik Eriksen (1929)
- 1930s: Henning Jensen (1931), Oscar Jørgensen (1932), Georg Taarup (1932), Eli Larsen (1933), Hans Christensen (1934), Egon Andersen (1936), Helge Jørgensen (1937), Jørgen Iversen (1938), John Nielsen (1938), Erik Glümer (1938)
- 1940s: Harald Lyngsaa (1940), Eigil Nielsen (1940), Jørn Jegsen (1943), Niels Bennike (1945), Gustaf Pålsson (1945), Jørgen W. Hansen (1947), Dion Ørnvold (1947), Axel Pilmark (1947), Erik Køppen (1949)
- 1950s: Arnold Olsen (1950), Erik Hansen (1951), Jørgen Johansen (1952), Martin Kristensen (1952), Per Jensen (1952), Vagn Birkeland (1954), Jens Torstensen (1956), Finn Alfred Hansen (1957), Jørn Sørensen (1958), Per Funch Jensen (1959), Arne Karlsen (1959)
- 1960s: Bent Krog (1961), Ole Sørensen (1961), Henning Helbrandt (1961), Nils Jensen (1961), Gert Hansen (1961), Eyvind Clausen (1962), Niels Møller (1966), Kurt Præst (1968), Niels-Christian Holmstrøm (1968)
- 1970s: Flemming Pedersen (1970), Niels Hagenau (1971), Eigil Nielsen (1971), Niels Sørensen (1974), Anders Sørensen (1974), Karl Aage Skouborg (1974), Torsten Andersen (1977), Klaus Nørregaard (1977), Henrik Agerbeck (1978), Ole Højgaard (1979), Finn Laudrup (1979), Ole Qvist (1979), Palle Hansen (1979)
- 1980s: Henrik Eigenbrod (1981)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-19. Retrieved 2010-06-19.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)