Kiuruvesi is a town and municipality of Finland located in the Northern Savonia region. The municipality has a population of 7,832 and covers an area of 1,422.90 square kilometres (549.38 sq mi) of which 94.79 km2 (36.60 sq mi) is water. The population density is 5.9 inhabitants per square kilometre (15/sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Iisalmi, Pielavesi, Pyhäjärvi, Pyhäntä and Vieremä. The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Aerial photograph of Kiuruvesi
Location of Kiuruvesi in Finland
|• Town manager||Erkki Strömmer|
|• Total||1,422.90 km2 (549.38 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,328.11 km2 (512.79 sq mi)|
|• Water||94.79 km2 (36.60 sq mi)|
|Area rank||51st largest in Finland|
|• Rank||126th largest in Finland|
|• Density||5.9/km2 (15/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||14.5%|
|• 15 to 64||54.4%|
|• 65 or older||31.1%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||21.75%|
The educational department takes part in Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 in Finland.
Results of the 2011 Finnish parliamentary election in Kiuruvesi:
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Preliminary population structure by area, 2021M01*-2021M03*". StatFin (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003-2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
Media related to Kiuruvesi at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Kiuruvesi – Official website