Kitani Mohabbat Hai
Kitani Mohabbat Hai (कितनी मोहब्बत है) (How Much I Love You) is an Indian soap opera which aired on Imagine TV from 19 January 2009 to 25 September 2009. Kitani Mohabbat Hai 2 started airing on 1 November 2010. Season 2 is not a continuation; it stars the same leads in a different story.
|Kitani Mohabbat Hai|
|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
Fatima Rangila & Vandana Tewari
Rekkha Modi & Mukul Shrivastava
|Directed by||Anil V. Kumar |
|Creative director(s)||Vikas Gupta, Sanchi Bawa, Sandiip Sikcand & Prashant Bhatt|
Asso. Creative Head
Swati Rai, Priyanka Mehrotra & Shravan Pundeer
|Opening theme||"Kitani Mohabbat Hai" by Aishwarya Nigam and Manjera Ganguly|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||170|
|Cinematography||Veerdhaval Purnaik, Deepak Malwankar, Balu Dahifale & Ashish Sharma|
|Editor(s)||Vikas Sharma & Sandeep Bhatt|
|Running time||24 minutes (approximately)|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||NDTV Imagine|
|Picture format||576i SDTV|
|Original release||19 January –|
25 September 2009
|Followed by||Kitani Mohabbat Hai 2|
This tale of pure love begins as Arjun Punj, son of a business tycoon D K Punj, is introduced in jail. He refuses to accept release on bail, or talk to any lawyer. Ganga Rai, a young lawyer, is determined to find his story out.
Arjun emotionally reveals that he fell in love with a simple girl from the small town of Shimla, Aarohi Sharma, who sang beautifully. Her father runs a Gurukul, and she lived with her indifferent brother and his greedy wife, her widowed sister-in-law Purvi, and her two younger sisters, Sur and Antara.
After Hari Prasad Sharma retires, Aarohi takes up a job as Arjun's associate to support her family, but is not treated well by Arjun, who is arrogant, materialistic, and the son of a separated couple, due to which he hates his mother, and thus all women. Aarohi continues to stand up to him, which attracts Arjun and softens him towards her, and they gradually develop feelings for each other.
Meanwhile, their ties are strengthened as Salil Mittal, Arjun's best friend, and the son of D K Punj's business partner, falls in love with Purvi, and marries her against his family's wishes.
During this, Arjun finds out that Aarohi's mentor and mother-figure is actually his mother Savita, who abandoned him in childhood. He feels betrayed by Aarohi and breaks off their alliance, only to find out it was rather his father's fault that his parents separated. He wishes to reconcile with Aarohi, but they meet with an accident.
Post recovery, Aarohi goes to Mumbai to pursue her music career, and soon meets a charming man Karan. Her family supports her relationship with Karan, but she still loves Arjun. D K Punj, scared of having another middle-class "greedy" woman in a rich family, reveals to Aarohi that Arjun is adopted, and blackmails her with this long-kept secret, to leave Arjun. Aarohi thus accepts Karan's proposal. When Arjun finds this out, he kidnaps Aarohi from her wedding venue, and her family rushes to rescue her. In the scuffle, her father falls from the terrace and dies, and Arjun is blamed and arrested for his murder.
The show takes a leap to the present, as Arjun finishes his narration, and Ganga Rai begins to try proving him innocent to prevent his hanging. She finds Aarohi, who is now a popular singer, and asks her to help Arjun, but she refuses. Meanwhile, Salil's mother Padmalakshmi Mittal has a footage of that night, and accidentally misplaces it in some packages. Aarohi receives the CD which proves Arjun's innocence and rushes to save Arjun, and is successful, but unfortunately does not meet him.
Both of them leave for Shimla, where they first met, and wish to retire there from a life of chaos. As Aarohi runs towards the train, Arjun reaches his hand out to her, like the first time they met and they unite. The last scene shows them marrying happily ever after.
- Karan Kundra as Arjun Punjj, Aarohi's husband, DK and Savitra's son
- Kritika Kamra as Aarohi Arjun Punjj née Sharma, Arjun's wife, Hari's eldest daughter, Antara and Sur's eldest sister, Purva's sister in law
- Hiten Tejwani as Karan Singh, Aarohi's ex-fiancé
- Rakshanda Khan as Ganga Rai, lawyer of Arjun
- Satyajit Sharma as D K Punj, Arjun's father
- Papiya Sengupta/Neena Gupta as Savita Punj, Arjun's mother
- Veerendra Saxena as Hari Prasad Sharma, Aarohi, Antara and Sur's father, Purvi’s former father in law
- Shresth Kumar as Salil Mittal, Arjun's best friend, oldest son of the Mittals and love interest of Purvi
- Pooja Gor as Purvi Salil Mittal née Sharma, Aarohi's widowed sister-in-law, later married to Salil
- Akshita Kapoor as Antara Sharma, Aarohi and Sur's sister, Nikhil’s love interest
- Leena Jumani as Sur Sharma, Aarohi's youngest sister, later Abhay's wife
- Sheeba Chadha as Padmalakshmi Mittal, Salil, Aman, Nikhil and Natasha's mother, wife of Mohan Mittal
- Mihika Verma as Natasha Mittal, Salil, Aman and Nikhil's sister and Arjun's ex fiancée
- Sudha Shivpuri as Bua, Aarohi, Antara, and Sur's paternal aunt
- Mrinal Dutt as Aman Mittal, Salil, Nikhil and Natasha's brother
- unknown as Nikhil Mittal, Salil, Natasha and Aman's brother, Antara's love interest
- Ayaz Ahmed as Abhay, Karan Singh's employee and Sur's husband
- Irfan Razaa Khan as Vikas Gupta, former employee of Arjun’s company
- Priya Bathija as Mallika, singer who worked with Karan Singh
The show was well received by the audience thus, a new season was started soon after titled Kitani Mohabbat Hai 2.
- In Indonesia (Indonesian Language) began to be aired on ANTV with the titles Arjun dan Arohi on 21 November 2018. The series ends on 25 January 2019.